Moving....

Old May 12th 05, 05:30 PM
Mathew Kagis

Default Moving....

Have'nt been keeping up lately. I've been packing & dealing with pre-moving
logistics. So, I hate doing this, Blanket purrs for all who need them.

CHRISTINA W.: You have been in my thoughts, I hope, pray & purr that things
play out to a happy conclusion. Stay strong & positive.

I have mapped out a general plan for moving the furballs, any advice on this
topic is very welcome. This is the only home they've known, I know they will
adjust, but, they have been my major concern in this project...The rest of
it is just work & details... The move will consist of a 8 hour drive to the
new digs, I'm gonna talk to TED about sedatives for the kitties... Should be
an adventure!

I will check in as much as possible, but I'll probably do more lurking than
posting for the next several weeks.

Warm thoughts to all

--
Mathew
Butler to 2 kittens: Chablis & Muscat

Old May 12th 05, 07:45 PM
Irulan

good luck on the move, Matthew. Hope the furballs don't cause too much of a
fuss.
Jazz and his mama

--

Irulan
from the stars we come

Old May 12th 05, 09:09 PM
KellyH

[...]

Don't get sedatives. You will have no idea if they are just sleepy or if
something is wrong. If you can get a large enough carrier that you can put
something small enough to use as a litterbox in, as well as small food and
water dishes. Chances are, they won't eat or use the box the whole time,
but at least it's there for them.
Once you get to the new place, get them set up in one room and close the
door. Proceed to move your stuff. Once you are fairly settled and won't be
opening and closing the door frequently, let them out to start exploring.
Don't be surprised if they hide. They might, or they may act like they've
always lived there. You never know.

--
-Kelly

Old May 12th 05, 10:24 PM
polonca12000

Lots of purrs and best wishes for the move to go really well,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Mathew Kagis" wrote in message
Have'nt been keeping up lately. I've been packing & dealing with

pre-moving
logistics. So, I hate doing this, Blanket purrs for all who need them.

CHRISTINA W.: You have been in my thoughts, I hope, pray & purr that

things
play out to a happy conclusion. Stay strong & positive.

I have mapped out a general plan for moving the furballs, any advice on

this
topic is very welcome. snip

Old May 13th 05, 04:58 AM
Marina

Mathew Kagis wrote:

I have mapped out a general plan for moving the furballs, any advice on this
topic is very welcome.

I've found that the sooner I get all the familiar furniture with
familiar smells arranged in the new place, the quicker the cats settle
down and feel like home. Purrs that all goes well with your move.

I'm looking for a new place myself. I may just have found my dream flat,
but I don't know yet if I'll get it. The estate agent is supposed to
call me any day now. It's slightly smaller than the one I'm in, but it,
too, has a glassed-in balcony, and an ocean view (at least partly). It's
also right by a Metro station, and I could get into town in a couple of
minutes instead of the half-hour bus ride I have to take now. Ooh, I'd
love it, but we'll see.

--
Marina, Frank, Nikki, and Mere
Old May 13th 05, 07:46 AM
hobbs

Hope everything goes smoothly for you and the Kitties Mathew
I was able to bring Henri here before I actually moved in' and we
spent a day here together, you wont be able to do that of course,
but I didn't let him out for a week, then he got desperate and pushed
through the narrow opening of the laundry window it was the only one without
a screen, and rather high from the ground, my son ran down to the garden to
get him and I told him to show Henri how he could jump up to the veranda,
and he used that entrance ever after Jean.P.

Old May 13th 05, 07:49 AM
hobbs

Marina, hope you get the flat you want wilson and I will purr for you
to get lucky Jean.P.

Old May 13th 05, 11:40 AM
Adrian

Mathew Kagis wrote:
Have'nt been keeping up lately. I've been packing & dealing with pre-
moving logistics. So, I hate doing this, Blanket purrs for all who
need them.

CHRISTINA W.: You have been in my thoughts, I hope, pray & purr that
things play out to a happy conclusion. Stay strong & positive.

I have mapped out a general plan for moving the furballs, any advice
on this topic is very welcome. This is the only home they've known, I
know they will adjust, but, they have been my major concern in this
project...The rest of it is just work & details... The move will
consist of a 8 hour drive to the new digs, I'm gonna talk to TED
about sedatives for the kitties... Should be an adventure!

I will check in as much as possible, but I'll probably do more
lurking than posting for the next several weeks.

Warm thoughts to all

Good luck with the move. I'm sure the furballs will soon settle.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Old May 13th 05, 05:10 PM
lewe

"Mathew Kagis" wrote in message

I have mapped out a general plan for moving the furballs, any advice on
this
topic is very welcome. This is the only home they've known, I know they
will
adjust, but, they have been my major concern in this project...The rest of
it is just work & details... The move will consist of a 8 hour drive to
the
new digs, I'm gonna talk to TED about sedatives for the kitties... Should
be
an adventure!

Good luck with the move. My two were not upset at all by coming to a new
place, I could put most of the stuff in place before moving the kitties and
I am sure that helped.

Don't get sedatives for them unless there is no other way, I haven't heard a
lot of good about sedatives with cats ... they might just get dozy but not
really feel any calmer at all.

Thea & Bono travels up north on a 10 hr drive a couple of times a year, they
mostly sleep through the drive. I do give them a chance to come out of their
transport cages to stretch their legs when I stop some times, Thea will walk
around a bit before she sits herself in a window or go back in to the cage.
Bono gets a little bit car sick and, I think, feels drowsy and don't bother
to come out that much. They normally don't eat or drink during the drive, or
use the box for that matter. I do provide everything for them at stops. Make
sure not to feed before the drive if any of yours get car sick ... do bring
change of bedding, paper towels and water if needed ...
I think that letting the cats get acquainted with the surroundings, in this
case the inside of the vehicle, is a good idea if at all possible.
I try to keep the cats active the day before, playing and just up and
about - they do sleep a lot anyway and always extra after an active day.

Purrs and best wishes

Lena

--
lewe
lewemi at yahoo dot se | cats' pics: photos.yahoo.com/lewemi