Strange Events

Old January 13th 05, 09:59 AM
Tanada

Default Strange Events

I was expecting my work check to hit the bank Tuesday, so I called the
1-800 number to find out if it had gone through and got the shock of my
life. Over $10,000 had been added to the account via direct deposit. I
woke Rob up and said, it has to be a mistake, we have to correct it
before we have to pay it back. Rob agreed and we roused up the gang
from the mystery bus (Scooby Do, IIRC) and took off to the bank. They
couldn't tell us anything, so we were very cautious about the cash.

Today, while I was at work, Rob called the bank and found out that the
money came from the Social Security Disability Insurance that we applied
for. Now we have to find out if it is a one time pay off, or if it was
making up back payments for us.

Anyway, I'm writing this on an HP pavilion a810n with a flat screen
monitor, and the same printer that I've been using. As you may recall,
the computer that I was using and I hated each other. Charles wants it,
to cannibalize for parts, so I gladly gave it to him, not knowing that
Rob didn't save my address book and saved email.

We also replaced Mandy's computer (my old 8.5g Packard Bell) and bought
Rob and Mike computers. $4,000 later, we are set up. The rest of the
money has either been used to pay bills, or is in an emergency account.
We're hoping for an explanation letter soon.

Pam S. weirded out.
Old January 13th 05, 10:17 AM
Mathew Kagis

SNIP
We're hoping for an explanation letter soon.

Pam S. weirded out.

Gee... I hope the money's yours. & if it is, Jill could use a bit.....
--
Mathew
Butler to 2 kittens: Chablis & Muscat

Old January 13th 05, 10:34 AM
jmcquown

Mathew Kagis wrote:
SNIP
We're hoping for an explanation letter soon.

Pam S. weirded out.

Gee... I hope the money's yours. & if it is, Jill could use a
bit.....

LOL! Pam and Rob have enough to deal with! But thanks for the thought,
sweetie

Jill

Old January 13th 05, 10:50 AM
Tanada

Mathew Kagis wrote:

SNIP

We're hoping for an explanation letter soon.

Pam S. weirded out.

Gee... I hope the money's yours. & if it is, Jill could use a bit.....

I've been thinking the same thing....

Pam S.
Old January 13th 05, 11:01 AM
jmcquown

Tanada wrote:
Mathew Kagis wrote:

SNIP

We're hoping for an explanation letter soon.

Pam S. weirded out.

Gee... I hope the money's yours. & if it is, Jill could use a
bit.....

I've been thinking the same thing....

Pam S.

Nonsense! But I do hope the money is yours and that it's not a lump sum
benefit. You and Rob need the break from all the crap you've been dealing
with! Purrs on the way that the deposit is not a fluke.

The whole SSD system is nuts. I called my "case worker" yesterday morning
to ask if there is any further information she needs from me, or from my
doctor, or do they want me to see their doctors? I haven't called for
several weeks but you'd think I was bugging her daily by her reaction.
She's nothing short of rude.

Jill

Old January 13th 05, 03:27 PM
Victor Martinez

Tanada wrote:
Today, while I was at work, Rob called the bank and found out that the
money came from the Social Security Disability Insurance that we applied

Cool!

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old January 13th 05, 03:44 PM
Helen Miles

"Tanada" wrote in message
nk.net

I was expecting my work check to hit the bank Tuesday, so I called the
1-800 number to find out if it had gone through and got the shock of my
life. Over $10,000 had been added to the account via direct deposit.///

Sometimes, nice things actually do happen to those that deserve it. )

Congratulations. Enjoy it and here's hoping it's not a one-off.

Helen M

Old January 13th 05, 06:31 PM
Jo Firey

When my SSDI was approved, the check came several days before the
explanation. It was for the monthly benefit from six months after the date
of disability to the current month. It should have been direct deposit but
that took a while to arrange.

They don't make other lump sum payments.

Ain't it grand?

Love you guys.

Jo
nk.net...

Old January 13th 05, 07:56 PM
Tanada

jmcquown wrote:

Nonsense! But I do hope the money is yours and that it's not a lump sum
benefit. You and Rob need the break from all the crap you've been dealing
with! Purrs on the way that the deposit is not a fluke.

Consider it a part of the "Pay it Forward" movement. I've gotten a lot
of help when we were having problems to no end. It's time to help out
someone else for a change.

Rob's case worker called today. The payment was not a fluke, it was
back pay to the date we applied for his benefits. We'll start getting a
monthly check as of Feb. 3. It will help make up some of the deficit
from a couple of years without enough income to beat the outflow.

May I suggest that you call your congressman and sic him onto SSDI?
They don't want a congressman questioning them.

BTW can you email me with your snail addy? I'm at
and I do want to spread the help I got. It won't be as much as I'd like
to send, but every little bit helps.

Pam S.