SIMON'S QUIRKS...

Old March 5th 05, 02:16 AM
WAYNE POLLY

Default SIMON'S QUIRKS...

I HAVE A MALE CAT,THREE YEARS OLD,FIXED,PART SIAMESE,PART
WHATEVER WHO INSISTS ON EATING
ALL THE FISH FOOD.EVERY TIME I FEED MY KOI,HE JUMPS UP TO THE
AQUARIUM IN AN EFFORT TO BEAT
THE FISH TO THE FLOATING FOODS.
I DON'T IMAGINE IT'S HARMFUL BUT,
IT'S COSTLY BECAUSE HE USUALLY
DOES WIN THE CONTEST THAT IT HAS
BECOME.THE KOI SEES HIM COMING AND DASHES TO THE TOP WATERS
TO GET HIS FAIR SHARE.THEY MEET
ON OCCASION NOSE TO NOSE AND
IT'S THE FUNNIEST THING.
THE KOI WILL WHIP TAIL AND SPLASH A GREAT AMOUNT OF WATER ONTO SIMON
AS IF TO RETALIATE.
I DON'T REALLY BELIEVE THIS IS A PROBLEM BUT,I'D LIKE SIMON TO
BACK OFF SOME.OH,AND HE DRINKS FROM THAT SAME TANK.WHEN HE DOES THIS,THE
KOI WILL SWIM
SWIFTLY TO THE TOP WATERS AND
SUCK SIMON'S NOSE.
I GUESS I'M THINKING THIS COULD
BE SOME KIND OF FRIENDSHIP.
THE KOI IS NEARLY 17 INCHES IN
LENGTH.HE IS POND-WORTHY.I'M
BEGINNING TO THINK SIMON IS
AS WELL.
WHAT CAN I DO,IF ANYTHING?
OWNER OF PETS

Old March 5th 05, 02:41 AM
Karen

No answers but dang, you should get video of this.

Old March 5th 05, 02:50 AM
Cathy Friedmann

"WAYNE POLLY" wrote in message
[...]

I've never personally had an aquarium, but... don't they have covers
available to keep Simon 1) away from the fish's food once it's dropped in, &
2) from drinking the water in there? I'm also thinking... what about
possible additives to the water for the fish - to prevent "ick" (sp??),
etc., & Simon drinking it?

Cathy

Old March 5th 05, 04:50 AM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-03-05, Cathy Friedmann penned:

I've never personally had an aquarium, but... don't they have covers
available to keep Simon 1) away from the fish's food once it's dropped in, &
2) from drinking the water in there? I'm also thinking... what about
possible additives to the water for the fish - to prevent "ick" (sp??),
etc., & Simon drinking it?

I'd worry about the cat drinking from the water anyway, and possibly getting
sick from the additive.

There are certainly covers for aquariums, but if the aquarium is large enough
to hold a 17 pound (did I read that right???) koi, it's probably pretty big.
Koi grow according to the size of the tank they're in, so if that bad boy grew
into the tank, that's a huge tank.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old March 12th 05, 10:45 PM
A. FERRERI

CORRECTION;
SIMON'S GOOD BUDDY THE KOI
IS NEARLY 17",NOT 17lbs.
AS FOR ADDITIVES IN THE WATER,
THERE ARE NONE.OUR WATER IS
SPRING LIKE.I'VE TAKEN READINGS AND THINGS ARE QUITE PURE AND FRESH. BUT
THE EXCHANGE OF DISEASES WAS A GOOD POINT.I HADN'T THOUGHT OF THAT.
THANKS.

Old March 13th 05, 03:26 AM
Vanessa Massey via CatKB.com

You could try and give Simon a few of his own pellets. I wouldn't let
Simon drink the water though. I have a cat who likes fish food also. I
don't see any harmful effects from letting her eat it. She just gets a
little pinch of the flakes once a day. And then she likes to lay on top of
the tank cover waiting for the day she has a chance for some "sushi". I
swear the fish taunt her.