Wife sitting in chair

Old December 14th 10, 07:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default Wife sitting in chair

NettieCat wrote:

I don't mind claw 'pushes' to the skin, it's what cats do

Often when Roxy is lying on me purring and I pet her, or even sweet-
talk her, she will slowly extend her claws so that I can feel them
poke my skin (through my clothes - she would never lie on bare human
skin, eww!). Am I the only person who actually *enjoys* this? It's
an expression of kitty pleasure and that makes me happy.

This is different from the far more invasive claw-digging that comes
with kneading, where she'll grab my skin with the tip of each claw
and then pull the claw out with a noticeable "pop". That hurts and
often leaves welts, and I only put up with it because we both love
cuddle time. (And it's a good reminder that Somebody Needs Her Claws
Clipped!)

But when she's just lying there and her paws are stationary, and there's
just a tiny bit of pressure and a subtle little claw-poke, I think it's
cute.

Joyce

--
There is no alternative to being yourself.
Old December 14th 10, 08:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
NettieCat

On Dec 14, 7:02*pm, wrote:
NettieCat wrote:

* I don't mind claw 'pushes' to the skin, it's what cats do

But when she's just lying there and her paws are stationary, and there's
just a tiny bit of pressure and a subtle little claw-poke, I think it's
cute.

Joyce

Exactly, they're reminding you that they're cats. "I've got claws, and
I could hurt you, but I won't. You're a big strong human, you could
hurt me, but you won't. Isn't this nice?"

Jeanette

Old December 15th 10, 12:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CATherine[_2_]

On Mon, 13 Dec 2010 02:23:32 +0000, David Stevenson
wrote:

Nico looks at her. Then, slowly, deliberately, he sticks his claws in
her bare lower leg.

"Owww !!!!" Then she kicks out.

Don't worry, she missed. Nico is quick.

That is worth a giggle. And it sounds like something Westie will do;
although he ends by laying his head on my leg and looking at me with
soulful eyes. Melts my heart every time giving him the attention he
wants.

--
CATherine
Old December 15th 10, 02:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

NettieCat wrote:

On Dec 14, 7:02*pm, wrote:

But when she's just lying there and her paws are stationary, and there's
just a tiny bit of pressure and a subtle little claw-poke, I think it's
cute.

Exactly, they're reminding you that they're cats. "I've got claws, and
I could hurt you, but I won't. You're a big strong human, you could
hurt me, but you won't. Isn't this nice?"

I think of it more like the kitty is feeling pleasure, and extending
claws is just one way to express it. Maybe they're curling their toes
and that forces the claws to come out a little?

Joyce

--
Fluffy Mackerel Pudding - "Once upon a time, the world was young and the
words 'mackerel' and 'pudding' existed far, far away from one another. One
Old December 15th 10, 03:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

The kneading is actually what a kitten has to do to stimulate mom into
providing milk

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.com/rpcablog/

Old December 15th 10, 04:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

On 12/13/2010 7:55 AM, ~*LiveLoveLaugh*~ wrote:
I agree!! My Blue Point Siamese, Maui, has the typical Siamese
behavior. IOW, he can be a real snot. One of the things he does is
swipe at me if I walk by him. Sometimes he snags whatever I'm wearing,
and other times he'll get skin. I think it's funny!! He certainly
doesn't get squirted w/water or hit!! He's being a CAT for gawd's
sake!! In fact, I usually stop what I'm doing and give him scritches,
b/c that's what he wants when he does it anyway!!

Shamrock has done that since day one with me, almost 10 years ago. He
isn't going to change now. I have scars, and I always expect him to
swipe my leg when getting the gang breakfast in the morning.

An insight into cat behavior -- I watch these guys when their meal is
being readied. They squabble amongst themselves because they're hungry.
They are fed 12 hours apart for good health. They bite each others
ears; they tackle each other, and sniff butts, and they scream at each
other because they are being distracted from what they want -- their
food. Not a single one of them are starving. It's routine. I think
I'm just one of them during the squabbles.

Old December 15th 10, 05:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Cheryl wrote:

An insight into cat behavior -- I watch these guys when their meal is
being readied. They squabble amongst themselves because they're hungry.

My two do the same thing! They're just like two young siblings fussing
and squabbling with each other. It doesn't look seriously hostile at
all, but there's more tension than when they're just playing. You must
be right - they're jockying for position in front of the food dish.
Never mind that they always get their own dish, and have twice a day
for years.

Joyce

--
What I look forward to, is continued immaturity, followed by death.
-- Dave Barry
Old December 15th 10, 06:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
David Stevenson

Storrmmee wrote
what a sad story, that your wife would tolerate such behavior so many times
and then instead of instituting proper behavior on her part, resorts to
stupidly kicking at a cat,

you would think someone who has had cats as long as the two of you have
would have know better, both to not allow it to happen that many times and
to resort to that sort of kicking at a cat, Lee

Clearly you have no idea of cat behaviour. I feel very sorry for you.
Fortunately my wife is not so stupid.

It is a shame that you think that criticising perfect strangers who
you have never met over behaviour you clearly do not understand is what
this newsgroup is for.

--
David Stevenson Storypage: http://blakjak.org/sty_menu.htm
Liverpool, England, UK Emails welcome

Old December 15th 10, 01:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Willow sits on the rim of her fishtank and swipes everytime I walk by. They
only get squirted if they are doing bodily harm to someone or the furniture.