my little Courtney was killed

Old February 19th 12, 01:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin

Default my little Courtney was killed

Been offline for a week, fixed now.

A week ago just about now, a car driver ran over my Courtney just
outside the house. Her head was crushed and she must have died
instantly. The killer didn't stop, of course. They must have been
going far too fast for a suburban side street, as Courtney never
hung about in the middle of the road.

She was the sweetest natured cat I've ever had. When Muriel and
later Ishtar were terminally ill, she would snuggle up to them and
help them groom. She used to like climbing up on my shoulder so
she could purr in my ear.

She's buried beside Ishtar and Muriel in the garden.

Old February 19th 12, 02:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Jack Campin" wrote in message
Been offline for a week, fixed now.

A week ago just about now, a car driver ran over my Courtney just
outside the house. Her head was crushed and she must have died
instantly. The killer didn't stop, of course. They must have been
going far too fast for a suburban side street, as Courtney never
hung about in the middle of the road.

She was the sweetest natured cat I've ever had. When Muriel and
later Ishtar were terminally ill, she would snuggle up to them and
help them groom. She used to like climbing up on my shoulder so
she could purr in my ear.

She's buried beside Ishtar and Muriel in the garden.

e m a i l : j a c k @ c a m p i n . m e . u
Jack Campin, 11 Third Street, Newtongrange, Midlothian EH22 4PU,
Scotland
mobile 07800 739 557 http://www.campin.me.uk Twitter:
JackCampin

I'm so very sorry for your loss.

Jill

Old February 19th 12, 06:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_4_]

On 02/19/2012 06:56 AM, Jack Campin wrote:
Been offline for a week, fixed now.

A week ago just about now, a car driver ran over my Courtney just
outside the house. Her head was crushed and she must have died
instantly. The killer didn't stop, of course. They must have been
going far too fast for a suburban side street, as Courtney never
hung about in the middle of the road.

She was the sweetest natured cat I've ever had. When Muriel and
later Ishtar were terminally ill, she would snuggle up to them and
help them groom. She used to like climbing up on my shoulder so
she could purr in my ear.

She's buried beside Ishtar and Muriel in the garden.

mobile 07800 739 557http://www.campin.me.uk Twitter: JackCampin

Been there == and you have my deepest sympathy. MLB
Old February 19th 12, 06:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
J J Levin

[...]

I'm very sorry for your loss, Jack.

Jay

Old February 19th 12, 06:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_5_]

I'm very sorry to hear about your loss.

Cheryl
Old February 19th 12, 06:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Jack Campin" wrote in message
Been offline for a week, fixed now.

A week ago just about now, a car driver ran over my Courtney just
outside the house. Her head was crushed and she must have died
instantly. The killer didn't stop, of course. They must have been
going far too fast for a suburban side street, as Courtney never
hung about in the middle of the road.

She was the sweetest natured cat I've ever had. When Muriel and
later Ishtar were terminally ill, she would snuggle up to them and
help them groom. She used to like climbing up on my shoulder so
she could purr in my ear.

She's buried beside Ishtar and Muriel in the garden.

I'm so sorry to hear that, Jack. Many condolences.
For some reason drivers only have to report to the police if they kill a
dog. I think that law should extend to cats too so at least if one of yours
was missing you could phone them to ask instead of perhaps never knowing
what became of them which must be a torture.
It's my worst fear, that Boyfie could get run over, but very unlikely since
there is hardly any traffic up here at the edge of the village - the road
goes nowhere so only local residents drive to and from their houses plus he
rarely goes "out on the front" where the road is, presumably because there
is so much acreage behind.
Before anyone asks from where the culture is to keep cats inside "is it
worth risking?" I'd say yes, in the UK, if you don't live near a busy road.

Tweed

Old February 19th 12, 07:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

---------------------------------------------------------------------------*--
e *m *a *i *l * *: * *j *a *c *k * @ * c *a *m *p *i *n * . * m *e * . * u *k
Jack Campin, *11 Third Street, *Newtongrange, *Midlothian EH22 4PU, *Scotland
mobile 07800 739 557 * * * http://www.campin.me.uk * * *Twitter: JackCampin

I am really sorry about Muriel. I suppose it's somewhat of a comfort
to know she
died instantly. But it doesn't make you miss her any less. I am truly
sorry.

Sherry
Old February 19th 12, 07:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

---------------------------------------------------------------------------**--
e *m *a *i *l * *: * *j *a *c *k * @ * c *a *m *p *i *n * . * m *e * . * u *k
Jack Campin, *11 Third Street, *Newtongrange, *Midlothian EH22 4PU, *Scotland
mobile 07800 739 557 * * * http://www.campin.me.uk * * *Twitter: JackCampin

I am really sorry about Muriel. I suppose it's somewhat of a comfort
to know she
died instantly. But it doesn't make you miss her any less. I am truly
sorry.

Sherry- Hide quoted text -

I have never been good at names, and obviously that applies to cat
names too. Sorry about
the mistake.

Sherry
Old February 19th 12, 08:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"jmcquown" wrote in message

"Jack Campin" wrote in message
Been offline for a week, fixed now.

A week ago just about now, a car driver ran over my Courtney just
outside the house. Her head was crushed and she must have died
instantly. The killer didn't stop, of course. They must have been
going far too fast for a suburban side street, as Courtney never
hung about in the middle of the road.

She was the sweetest natured cat I've ever had. When Muriel and
later Ishtar were terminally ill, she would snuggle up to them and
help them groom. She used to like climbing up on my shoulder so
she could purr in my ear.

She's buried beside Ishtar and Muriel in the garden.

e m a i l : j a c k @ c a m p i n . m e .
u k
Jack Campin, 11 Third Street, Newtongrange, Midlothian EH22 4PU,
Scotland
mobile 07800 739 557 http://www.campin.me.uk Twitter:
JackCampin

I'm so very sorry for your loss.

Jill

My sympathy as well.

Joy

Old February 19th 12, 08:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley[_4_]

On Feb 19, 5:56*am, Jack Campin wrote:
Been offline for a week, fixed now.

A week ago just about now, a car driver ran over my Courtney just
outside the house.

Dreadful news my condolences

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs