Francis

Old October 31st 12, 09:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
wafflycat[_3_]

Default Francis

Francis, my lovely, lovely boy is no longer with me. He died in my arms
yesterday, out in the garden, on a sunny day, beneath the branches of his
favourite willow tree. He was able to feel the sun on his face and the wind
in his whiskers one last time. He was 16 and until very recently, lively,
fun, and still hunting any rodent that made its way into the garden. He
loved his hens (we have three) and could sometimes be found curled up asleep
in the straw of the hen house.

In the end, it was kidney disease that got him, and he also had dementia
creeping in.

Waffles misses him too. The Mighty Huntress of eighteen of her own years,
wandered around the house last night, calling out, searching nooks and
crannies for her boy. After a while she decided that this hoomin could be a
source of cuddles and she stuck to me like a limpet last night.

The hoominz of Chateau Wafflycat are grateful to have been able to spend
part of their lives with the joy in life that was Francis. That little
abused stray kitten we took in years ago, who took many months to get to
full health, turned into the sweetest, friendliest cat you could ever meet
and he graced our lives for many happy years.

Francis will never be forgotten.

helen s

Old October 31st 12, 12:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

On 31/10/2012 7:55 PM, wafflycat wrote:
[...]

Our deepest, most rumbly purrs of sympathy to all those that loved
Francis, two foot, four-pawed, winged etc.

{{{{{Simmons'}}}}}

Yowie

Old October 31st 12, 01:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_5_]

On 2012-10-31 6:25 AM, wafflycat wrote:

Purrs for you and your household.

Francis had a good life with you for many years, and I've enjoyed your
stories about him too. Not many cats have given so much pleasure to so
many people!

--
Cheryl
Old October 31st 12, 02:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"wafflycat" wrote in message

[...]

********************
I am so very sorry for your loss. Thank you for giving Francis a wonderful
life.

Jill

Old October 31st 12, 02:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
wafflycat[_3_]

Our deepest, most rumbly purrs of sympathy to all those that loved
Francis, two foot, four-pawed, winged etc.

{{{{{Simmons'}}}}}

Yowie

Thanks. Francis is now beneath his favourite willow. Vernon made a wooden
casket, I lined it with a patchwork I made yesterday, so Francis is lying on
a patchwork quilt, with a photo of him on his Daddy's desk, 'helping' Vernon
with his work, and also a willow branch from the tree, still in leaf, wound
around him, as one of Francis's favourite games was if we took one of the
long, soft weeping willow branches from the tree and ran about the garden,
trailing said branch. Francis would chase it and chase it, pouncing on it
repeatedly. He never tired of that game.

Old October 31st 12, 02:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
wafflycat[_3_]

Old October 31st 12, 02:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
wafflycat[_3_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message
I am so very sorry for your loss. Thank you for giving Francis a
wonderful life.

Jill

Thanks Jill. I miss my boycat so much

Old October 31st 12, 02:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Debby Hanoka[_2_]

Purrs for your broken heart.

Francis has been added to the Calling of the Names at the Jellicle Ball over on RPCC.

Debby
Old October 31st 12, 04:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mark Edwards

No cluons were harmed when "wafflycat"
wrote:
Francis, my lovely, lovely boy is no longer with me.

I am so sad to hear this. Sending purrs and hugs to you.

Mark

--
Proof of sanity forged upon request
Old October 31st 12, 04:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

I am so sorry Helen
"wafflycat" wrote in message
[...]

Francis has a new name wafflycat[_2_] Cat anecdotes 15 November 2nd 08 11:11 PM
Francis LOL? Victor Martinez[_2_] Cat anecdotes 6 August 24th 08 11:13 AM
why doesn't Francis look truly Dead Democrat Cat anecdotes 0 September 11th 05 02:22 PM
Francis wafflycat Cat anecdotes 24 August 29th 05 12:04 AM
Francis dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers Cat anecdotes 22 November 22nd 04 08:00 PM