Amber is dying

Old March 25th 13, 12:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
---MIKE---

Default Amber is dying

She has been fading recently. She was eating very little and drinking a
lot of water. Yesterday she didn't eat any supper. Last night she
stayed on my bed snuggled next to me. This morning she wouldn't leave
the bed. She has been with me over 18 years so I am resigned to the
inevitable. I am thinking of a vet visit today but I'm afraid the
stress would finish her off.

---MIKE---

In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44� 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Old March 25th 13, 01:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 3/25/2013 7:56 AM, ---MIKE--- wrote:
She has been fading recently. She was eating very little and drinking a
lot of water. Yesterday she didn't eat any supper. Last night she
stayed on my bed snuggled next to me. This morning she wouldn't leave
the bed. She has been with me over 18 years so I am resigned to the
inevitable. I am thinking of a vet visit today but I'm afraid the
stress would finish her off.

---MIKE---

In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44� 15' N - Elevation 1580')

I'm very sorry to hear this. I truly don't know what else to say.

Jill

Old March 25th 13, 07:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

"---MIKE---" wrote in message

She has been fading recently. She was eating very little and drinking a
lot of water. Yesterday she didn't eat any supper. Last night she
stayed on my bed snuggled next to me. This morning she wouldn't leave
the bed. She has been with me over 18 years so I am resigned to the
inevitable. I am thinking of a vet visit today but I'm afraid the
stress would finish her off.

---MIKE---

~~~~~~~~~
I'm so sorry to hear this. Holly will be 18 years old on June 1, and I am
afraid I will soon be facing the same decision. That is always such a
painful time in our lives, but the joy we have received from these wonderful
companions makes it all worthwhile.

I can't give you any advice (and you did not ask for any), but I have mixed
"thoughts" on the situation. First--as you said--the stress of a visit at
this time can be critical. On the other hand, I have had friends who held
off taking their cats to a vet for that very reason only to see them die a
painful, lingering death through the hours of the night. So, I would at
least suggest that you make sure that you know where to locate an emergency
vet in case something like that were to happen.

My very best wishes are with you.

MaryL

Old March 25th 13, 07:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
nik Simpson

On 3/25/2013 6:56 AM, ---MIKE--- wrote:
She has been fading recently. She was eating very little and drinking a
lot of water. Yesterday she didn't eat any supper. Last night she
stayed on my bed snuggled next to me. This morning she wouldn't leave
the bed. She has been with me over 18 years so I am resigned to the
inevitable. I am thinking of a vet visit today but I'm afraid the
stress would finish her off.

---MIKE---

In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44� 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Talk to your vet, Muddy (16) and Emily (almost 19) were bot PTS at home,
no need for them have a ride to the vet as their last experience.

--
Nik Simpson
Old March 25th 13, 08:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

---MIKE--- wrote:

She has been fading recently. She was eating very little and drinking a
lot of water. Yesterday she didn't eat any supper. Last night she
stayed on my bed snuggled next to me. This morning she wouldn't leave
the bed. She has been with me over 18 years so I am resigned to the
inevitable. I am thinking of a vet visit today but I'm afraid the
stress would finish her off.

I'm sorry! I can certainly understand you not wanting to put her through
a trip to the vet at this time. But a couple of thoughts come to my mind.
One is, maybe you could call the vet and ask for some advice? She may be
close to the end, but not quite there, and there might be a way to help her
be more comfortable.

If she needs to be seen (whether for some help to stay comfortable, or for
the final journey), is having a vet come to your place an option? Many do
house calls.

Purrs,
Joyce

Old March 25th 13, 09:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"---MIKE---" wrote in message
She has been fading recently. She was eating very little and drinking a
lot of water. Yesterday she didn't eat any supper. Last night she
stayed on my bed snuggled next to me. This morning she wouldn't leave
the bed. She has been with me over 18 years so I am resigned to the
inevitable. I am thinking of a vet visit today but I'm afraid the
stress would finish her off.

_________
I am so sorry to hear this, Mike. Is there a possibility that your vet
would do a house call?
Mine will, if the time has come and you don't want them to be stressed.
My heart is sending yours prayers.

Old March 26th 13, 12:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"---MIKE---" wrote in message
She has been fading recently. She was eating very little and drinking a
lot of water. Yesterday she didn't eat any supper. Last night she
stayed on my bed snuggled next to me. This morning she wouldn't leave
the bed. She has been with me over 18 years so I am resigned to the
inevitable. I am thinking of a vet visit today but I'm afraid the
stress would finish her off.

---MIKE---

In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44� 15' N - Elevation 1580')

***

I'm so sorry to hear this. Purrs for both you and her.

Joy

Old March 26th 13, 10:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Mar 25, 11:56*am, (---MIKE---) wrote:
.. *I am thinking of a vet visit today but I'm afraid the
stress would finish her off.

You could try calling your vet for advice. When Isis (RB) started to
decline I discussed it with Kylie, our vet, I didn't want the stress
of a vet trip especially as Isis was agoraphobic (I kid you not even
if it were me or Dave at the open front door she'd hide until the door
was closed again). It was decided the stress might finish her off and
as she was in no pain we agreed not to take her to the vets (after all
as Kylie said she couldn't cure old age) unless she developed symptoms
that would need her to go (and we knew if she did she probably
wouldn't be coming back). She took her afternoon nap about 10 days
later in one of her favourite sleeping places after a long skritchie
session with Dave and never woke up

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Amber ???? ---MIKE--- Cat anecdotes 3 February 5th 10 02:10 AM
What's with Amber? ---MIKE--- Cat anecdotes 12 October 20th 08 01:32 AM
Amber follows the sun. ---MIKE--- Cat anecdotes 4 October 6th 07 07:23 AM
Amber at age 15 MaryL Cat anecdotes 11 July 15th 05 05:41 PM
Why is Amber doing this? ---MIKE--- Cat health & behaviour 2 March 31st 05 07:01 PM