The King is Dead ...........

Old October 24th 04, 06:20 PM
Adrian

Kreisleriana wrote:
On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 09:56:39 GMT, "Jeanette"
yodeled:

CK wrote in message
Jeanette wrote:
CatNipped wrote in message

Ohmygawd - YES!!! The shower scene from "I, Robot" was awesome -
not a

dry

seat in the house!!! ;

Hugs,

CatNipped

Nope, that put me off ENTIRELY. He was much better looking with
his clothes on. He was also MUCH better looking before he bulked
up, IMHO. Still, I guess he's not going to stay at home with his
heart broken because a fat forty year old Brit doesn't fancy him
anymore. :-)

Jeanette

What fat forty year old Brit?

Me.

Jeanette

Oh, I don't know, Jeanette. I was just having a drink with him the
other night, and he practically broke down telling me how much he
misses you. He looked like hell. I gave him the phone number of a
good therapist.

What are you on? and can I have some? ;-)
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Old October 24th 04, 06:27 PM
Adrian

Seanette Blaylock wrote:
"CatNipped" had some very interesting things
to say about Eye Candy:

One of the differences between men and women observed outside a
theater showing "Titanic":
She (dabbing at teary eyes with hanky) - "Oh, Leo. Oh, Kate."
He - "What a boat!"

ROTFLMAO! Yep.

DH liked Titanic a lot more than I did [I found it boring].

I didn't bother watching, someone spoiled it for me and told me it sank.
;-)

Old October 24th 04, 07:34 PM
jmcquown

Jeanne Hedge wrote:
On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 11:51:52 -0500, "jmcquown"
wrote:

Seanette Blaylock wrote:

DH liked Titanic a lot more than I did [I found it boring].

Well, it's not like we didn't know the boat sank at the end

I just watched it again the other night for grins. Leonardo D is
not to my taste; far too young and from what I gather, too much of a
slut. But I love the score by James Horner and the costumes - I
collect vintage cocktail dresses and gowns. Something about being
deprived of going to the prom when I was a teen. Or perhaps it was
because I was raised a Marine Corps brat and every year I until Dad
retired my mom got a new ballgown. I grew up thinking every woman
got to go to the ball and wear a fancy gown once a year. Imagine my
disappointment to find out that wasn't true!

I wish I could collect things like dresses and gowns. Unfortunately,
Tribble(RB) and/or Natasha took rather large tastes of my old prom
dress (that I thought I'd put well away) and later of a silk kimono
that I'd bought in Japan. ;_; After that I just didn't bother to try
again.

Garment bags are your friend

Out of curiosity, were the ballgowns for the Corps birthday ball? I know

this is stupid, but there was this episode of "Major Dad" where
it was the Corps birthday, and they were having a big dinner and
dance. IIRC the men were wearing these *really* fancy uniforms (not
just Blues), and the women were all in ballgowns... but I don't know
what's TV and what's reality.

Jeanne Hedge, as directed by Natasha

============
http://www.jhedge.com

Yes, the annual Marine Corps Birthday Ball and those *were* dress blues the
men wore. Dad with all his ribbons and medals (he retired a full bird
Colonel after serving in WWII, Korea and two tours in Nam). It was really
fun when we lived in Bangkok and Mom had her gowns custom made. Gold silk
brocade in an Asian style with frog buttons and quite the scandalous split
up the front. Pink Thai silk covered in frothy lace the next year. But my
favourite must have been the long slim white silk sheeth skirt and top
matching covered in iridescent sequins in 1966. Wowsa!

Mom still has the silk brocade but she's tiny. Doesn't fit me, and I'm not
big.

I'm still trying to play catch-up. The last gown I bought was at the end of
2003. Gold lame, with a long draped train off one shoulder and the other
shoulder bare. The gown fits like it was like it was tailored for me!
Perfect if I ever attend the Golden Globes or the Oscars. Yeah, right!
Well, who knows - it might happen! John's "nephew" by a former long term
relationship but not marriage is actor Peter Sarsgaard. He was up for a
Golden Globe this year.

Jill

Old October 24th 04, 07:44 PM
William Hamblen

On 2004-10-24, Kreisleriana wrote:

I really like the two previous Titanic movies better.

I always liked "The Last Voyage", starring Dorothy Malone, Robert Stack
and the Ile de France. Malone never lost an eyelash, regardless of how
wet she got.

I don't recall whether there was a ship's cat.

Deo is still King Bev Cat anecdotes 16 April 19th 04 07:42 PM
Is acwd totally dead? Duke of URL Cat anecdotes 9 January 26th 04 07:16 PM
Dozens Of Dead Cats Removed From Woman's Garage Magic Mood JeepĀ© Cat anecdotes 18 December 26th 03 12:11 AM
l O O king 4 "The Cat Carol" Terry R Cat anecdotes 1 December 8th 03 08:27 PM