My new cat

Old August 2nd 09, 05:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Matthew[_3_]

Default My new cat

wrote in message

"Netmask" wrote in message
cybercat wrote:
"Barb" wrote in message
Your new cat will have a wonderful home!

At least it will be bettert han the filthy cage where this asshole saw
this same breeder's kittens 15+ years ago.

You will be pleased to know this arsehole has picked up my new Burmese
kitten and delivered him to his new abode - a room of his own, a warm
sunny room facing north, a clean bed and real cat food. The breeder
whilst is a bit grubby by my standards is by no means filthy or unclean.
In Australia we have strong regulations and laws that are obeyed unlike
some other countries. Even our animal rescue centres run by the RSPCA are
positive clean places. Next week I will register him with the local
council who will provide a lifetime cover for his implant. It is
compulsory to register pets down here. Your views on which cats
individuals take care of remind me of one of our local communist
eccentrics - harmless, amusing and very sad.

With love

Arsehole

no pleasing some people. all the best with your new pall. seeing as cats
seem to absorb most of their personality traits from the human they live
with, good chance your new kitty will be very much like the one you lost.
Be happy, a thick skin helps...

Always funny when someone from the same area and never posted here before
comes to the defense of "someone else"

Old August 2nd 09, 06:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Matthew" wrote in message
g.com...

wrote in message

"Netmask" wrote in message
cybercat wrote:
"Barb" wrote in message
[...]

And has the same heinous notion of "replacing" a beloved cat who died. Like
they are objects that genetics can replicate. Supporting abusive breeders,
ignoring the plight of all the cats that need homes.

It's coming for you, mother****ers, and I don't even have to do a thing.
What goes around, comes around.

Old August 2nd 09, 09:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Netmask

cybercat wrote:
"Matthew" wrote in message
g.com...
wrote in message
"Netmask" wrote in message
cybercat wrote:
"Barb" wrote in message
[...]

Well my new cat is not a replacement for my old boy that is utterly
impossible - my new cat is quite different in colour, temperament etc.
But as a family who has had cats literally for centuries, 2 cats are on
our coat of arms, a house without the companionship of a house moggy is
unthinkable... In my case the Burmese is the only breed that doesn't
cause me allergic reactions and no I can't take the normal drugs to
treat this for other medical reasons and why should I when there is
freedom of choice, well in Australia there is. As for supporting a
registered breeder, well she is site inspected twice a year and in my
case we work on a sort of barter system. I take care of her computer
system for a nominal amount and she gave me my new cat for a nominal $50
to satisfy our GST and sales regulation so it would appear on her books
as a legal sale. We call it "mates rates"

What cybercat fails to appreciate is cultural differences between people
and countries and sees everything through small town USA eyes and thinks
the world operates the same way. I have worked and lived in every major
country in South East Asia and Europe and like most Australians I have
had a passport and traveled since I was 18. We tend to have a world view
rather than a local. So Cybercat get over it - it is quite impossible to
insult me as I choice not to be insulted - a product of my Thai Buddhist
Nanny no doubt, anyway I can do a better job than that than you can! I
suspect my command of the Queen's English is a tad better than a
neo-communist ex-colonial upstart who can only use four letter words and
their extensions as pejoratives..

Old August 3rd 09, 03:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Netmask" wrote

Well my new cat is not a replacement for my old boy that is utterly
impossible - my new cat is quite different in colour, temperament etc. But
as a family who has had cats literally for centuries, 2 cats are on our
coat of arms, a house without the companionship of a house moggy

A moggy is a mixed breed, asshole. And an aussie with a coat of arms is
hilarious.
My opinion of your continuing to support breeders while millions of lovely
cats die every day for lack of a home is not going to stop you from enjoying
your expensive status symbol, which is still a kitten after all.

I think you are a major ****ing asshole, just as I think of anyone who has a
chance to do good and opts for assholery.

Now **** off.

Old August 3rd 09, 03:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Netmask" wrote
unthinkable... In my case the Burmese is the only breed that doesn't cause
me allergic reactions

Horse ****, dude. You're a pretentious pansy. I am allergic to cats, some
more than others. They make medicine for that. Every time you look into that
kitten's face I want you to see the millions of eyes of the cats you don't
give a **** about staring back at you in death.

Old August 3rd 09, 05:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lesley[_3_]

On 3 Aug, 07:10, "cybercat" wrote:
I am allergic to cats, some
more than others. They make medicine for that.

The poster said he can't take the medication for medical reasons which
he did not go into.

Okay I agree with you he/she should have taken a shelter cat in but
the reality is he or she has taken the decision to have this kitten,
he/she has said they accept the kitten will not be a replacement for
their older cat and they sound like they'll take care of said kitten
hopefully including spay/neutering.....

As for someone calling a Burmese a "status symbol"- Our local shelter
has a Siamese and a Persian both surrendered by people who thought
they were getting a status symbol then found the status symbol didn't
behave the way they wanted.....being pedigree is no protection against
ending up in a shelter...

Personally I've never taken a cat from a shelter and before you start
having a go at me for that. 3 were from friends queens that hadn't
been spayed and my current 2 would have been dumped on a pet shop
(Lady feeding a semi feral queen that she did not realise was pregnant
and did not know what to do) if I had not had a vacancy and an open
carrier for them.

The poster has made his decision and whilst you may not agree with
it...can't we just accept a kitten has a home?

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old August 4th 09, 07:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Matthew[_3_]

snipped

Funny another one from across the pond shows up first post ever and it is
in defense of someone. Strange