Kitten is starting to pee outside the box

Old August 26th 06, 04:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

Default Kitten is starting to pee outside the box

"Sooo many cats" u25724@uwe wrote in message news:6548552e506b0@uwe...
I have five female cats ages 12, 11, 5, and 3 years, the youngest and

newest
addition to our family is about 6 months old and has NEVER peed outside

the
box, until now! none of my cats have ever had peeing problems, and all of

sudden yester day i wake up to an almost perfectly clean cat box

I am stunned at how good and long-suffering your cats are. With one box and
five cats, I would have expected at least one of them to poop on your bed,
in
your shoes, etc. by now. That has got to be really hard on them. I can just
see
the young one now. "WHAT? THIS is the only bathroom? Like hell. I'll just
MAKE
a new one."

Old August 27th 06, 04:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Kelly Simmons via CatKB.com

Sandra--

here is a suggestion....perhaps if you stop being soooooo rude and start
acting like perhaps you have an ounce of kindness, we might be able to
actually keep members on this site! i have 3 cats myself and have had
absolutly no problems, the VET has never told me to get each of them their
own box, and there are ways of going about keeping your house from ever
smelling! obviously you are too busy telling others what you think they are
doing wrong to realize that you are the picture of rude.

wazzumusicmajor--

i suggest, if it is still going on, call your vet, take the cat in, and go
from there make your decision on what your vet says, not from what "Sandra"
says!

Hope this helps,
Kelly

Never had odor problems to *your* nose, maybe. To a cat's nose, which is
almost as sensitive as a dog's, it must reek.

Please stop trying to defend your lack of action to solve the problem, and
buy another litterbox, or four.

I have five female cats ages 12, 11, 5, and 3 years, the youngest
and newest addition to our family is about 6 months old and has

[quoted text clipped - 13 lines]

-Sandra

Old August 27th 06, 05:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Kelly Simmons via CatKB.com" u25724@uwe wrote in message
Sandra--

here is a suggestion....perhaps if you stop being soooooo rude and start
acting like perhaps you have an ounce of kindness, we might be able to
actually keep members on this site! i have 3 cats myself and have had
absolutly no problems, the VET has never told me to get each of them their
own box, and there are ways of going about keeping your house from ever
smelling! obviously you are too busy telling others what you think they

are
doing wrong to realize that you are the picture of rude.

Hi Kelly. Rude is beside the point. Sandra's kindness is for the cats.
It is downright nasty to expect five cats to use one box. If etiquette is
your main concern, you have the wrong group. Try ASKING your vet
how many boxes you should have, for starters. A larger point is, once
a cat starts inappropriate elimination it is very hard to stop it. Much
better
to head it off by providing plenty of clean, appropriate places.

Old August 27th 06, 05:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Sandra Loosemore

"Kelly Simmons via CatKB.com" u25724@uwe writes:

Sandra--

here is a suggestion....perhaps if you stop being soooooo rude and start
acting like perhaps you have an ounce of kindness, we might be able to
actually keep members on this site!

Why are you addressing this remark to me? None of the text you quoted
with your message that you apparently found so rude was even written by
me. Do you go out of *your* way to insult other posters in this group?

-Sandra the cynic
Old August 27th 06, 09:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Matthew

I will lay odds and guarantee a winner that you have never ever asked
your vet how many boxes you should have for your cats you have 3 cats
that means 4 to 5 boxes are needed. You have had absolutely no problems
words spoke by so many before the sh@t hits the fan.

If Sandra was rude damn I call that quaint do you want me ,cybercat,
Barry, Phil or L to show you the truth. I think I will leave it up to L or
Cybercat to show you the truth. It will be interesting.

Old August 27th 06, 01:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
---MIKE---

Kelly, Sandra is correct. I have two cats and three litter boxes. The
days that I work, when I get home all three boxes have been used. One
box for five cats is outrageous.

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Old August 27th 06, 03:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
SD

I would separate that kitten into another room/rooms and then give its own
liter box. If that works you solved your problem.

If not, yes definitely I would try going to the vet and insisting on a UTI
test. My cat never peed outside the liter box but then she started going to
the liter box very frequently. Then she peed on hubby's leg (tee hee) and
that was her way of telling us to bring her to the vet. She indeed had a
UTI.

Old August 27th 06, 03:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Matthew" wrote
If Sandra was rude damn I call that quaint do you want me ,cybercat,
Barry, Phil or L to show you the truth. I think I will leave it up to L

or
Cybercat to show you the truth. It will be interesting.

hahaha, good point.

We are such thugs, Matthew.

Just kidding. I prefer to think of us as being "direct."

Cat proactive!

Old August 27th 06, 04:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Rhonda

I saw that too, Sandra. The words quoted were someone else's post with
your name attached.

It's not fair to be criticized for something you didn't even write.

Rhonda

Old August 27th 06, 07:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Matthew

"cybercat" wrote in message

"Matthew" wrote
If Sandra was rude damn I call that quaint do you want me ,cybercat,
Barry, Phil or L to show you the truth. I think I will leave it up to L

or
Cybercat to show you the truth. It will be interesting.

hahaha, good point.

We are such thugs, Matthew.

Just kidding. I prefer to think of us as being "direct."

Cat proactive!

Naw you direct you NO you got to be kidding.

I always call it as I see it. IMO If the truth hurts time for to go play
in traffic blindfolded