Unusually cold weather here

Old January 7th 10, 03:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla `=^..^=`

Default Unusually cold weather here

"Jofirey"
"Kyla `=^..^=`"

"Dan M"
Winter weather - ah yes. Our kitties have given up any interest in the
outdoors this winter.

Today is supposed to be warmer than we've seen in a while - it is
currently 5 F (-15 C) and supposed to get up to 18 F (-8 C). We're
expecting more snow today, then by the weekend we're expecting daily
highs around 0 F (-18C) with overnight lows occasionally as low as -17 F
(-27C).

Smart kitties, wanting to stay indoors!

Dan

Well, it's supposed to be a balmy 31 degreez tonight, which means we
have to set the faucets to drip, so the pipes won't freeze.
Good thing 'they' pay for the water, and the garbage pick-up.
Mosey still wants Out, but he ain't gonna git.....nope..
Not if I can help it ...silly cat.

Kyla

I realize mobile homes get colder underneath faster than other houses, but
we generally don't have to worry about pipes freezing till it gets down
around 25. I'd think one tiny drip would do the trick(le)

Jo

Ohhhh, wonderful to know that it gets colder underneath,
that's where my homeless kitty lives She/he poked a hole in the mobile
'skirt' and I don't know how many live under there, to be truthful. All I
can do is put some kibble out on the patio porch, under the cloak of
darkness, so I won't get caught.
Dammit, I feel so bad about that.
*sigh*
Kyla

Old January 7th 10, 03:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla `=^..^=`

I can hear an entire country muttering "global warming my ass" all
the way over here.

Jo

I totally agree with that...

Kyla

Old January 7th 10, 03:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Jofirey wrote:

"Matthew" wrote in message

My poor fur balls. It has not been this cold in Florida since
1990 it is 40's in the day and in the teen's at a night. I have
a few pieces of winter clothing but all the fur ball are attached
to the warm spots along with the electronic equipment. WE don't
have central heat so the house is cold.

I can hear an entire country muttering "global warming my ass" all
the way over here.

And if they were, they would be vastly misunderstanding the concept.

Joyce

--
Beauty and music seduce us first; later, ashamed of our own
sensuality, we insist on meaning. -- Clive Barker
Old January 7th 10, 03:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

ROFLMAPIMP
I was just talking with my friend he said the same thing Plus Al Gore
needs to be beaten with a wet noodle till he breaks ;-)
"Jofirey" wrote in message

"Matthew" wrote in message
g.com...

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
Well, we do get snow and ice in the UK, but not usually for such a long
period of time and not so much.
It's been down to -8C regularly at night so I've kept Boyfriend inside
with the gas fire in the kitchen on for him.
It doesn't show much sign of improving so after he's accompanied me in
the morning to feed the chickens (whose drinkers are so solid I have to
chip them out with a screwdriver) I keep him in in the day too. Going
out to help with the chickens gives him a chance to empty his bladder.
He resolutely refuses to use a litter box, even though he has a pristine
one.
Poor lad was pretty desperate when I got home from work tonight. He
seems to like using a path with old leaves on and he only just got
there..

He's eaten and he now needs a poo, but every time I open the door when
he meows - he's asked 3 times - it's snowing and he turns back.
I just wish he would use the litter box in an emergency snow situation.
But no. He would rather hang on.

Tweed

Old January 7th 10, 04:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

Jofirey wrote:

"Kyla `=^..^=`" wrote in message

[...]

It has been unusually (or usually) cold here for weeks...around 30F days
and low teens at night. The gas bill will be high for sure. To make
matters worse, I have been fighting a bad cold for almost two weeks.
Santa brought the whole family a bag of germs and, of course they came
to visit.
TuTu still hangs out in front of the heat register. She did ask to go
out on the back patio today -- that lasted 10 seconds.If winter comes,
cam Spring be far behind? Best wishes to all for an early Spring. MLB
Old January 7th 10, 04:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla `=^..^=`

"MLB"
Jofirey wrote:

[...]

I'm so sorry you're getting a cold, along with this blasted cold
Feel better and try and keep warm. TuTu too.
Scary to see the oranges freezing on the vines in Florida.
Hopefully, Spring will be bettter..
Love
Kyla

Old January 7th 10, 05:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"Kyla `=^..^=`" wrote in message

[...]

Hey, its a LOT better under there than outdoors. Just after living
in one in Alaska, I know they cool faster than a regular on the
ground house. Usually those skirts have pretty decent insulation,
but its hard to keep them from getting air leaks.

Bet he's right under the heater.

Jo

Old January 7th 10, 10:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmmee

for the past few days its been three and four minus when i got up early am,
f, i can't figure the c part sorry, Lee

--
Have a great day

Old January 7th 10, 11:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine BA[_3_]

7.1.2010 12:51, Stormmmee kirjoitti:
for the past few days its been three and four minus when i got up early am,
f, i can't figure the c part sorry, Lee

-4 F is -20 C.
Right now, about 1pm, we have -15 C = 5 F.

--
Christine in Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com