Ghost of nerdfests past.

Old January 31st 13, 08:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MatSav[_2_]

Default Ghost of nerdfests past.

"Bastette" wrote in message
Phoenix wrote:

jmcquown wrote:
DOS-executable games were fun back in the day. It's all we
had
other than tic-tac-toe or solitaire

And hangman. Though that may have been a unix-ish game. I
remember playing it on Sun workstations and Primos systems
back
in the day.

Me, too! Somewhat compulsively, if I remember correctly...

I remember accessing games on a mainframe computer at my
workplace, back in the early 1980s. Access was disabled after two
people on the night shift abused the system, and held up real
work by playing "The Adventure Game" all night. I can still
remember the message on screen when I tried to play after this
incident: "You are not authorised - see a Good Guy!" (the
manager's initials were "GG").

--
MatSav

Old January 31st 13, 02:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On Wed, 30 Jan 2013 22:14:20 +0000 (UTC), Bastette
wrote:

Whenever you feel anger, you should say, "May I be free of this
anger!" This rarely works, but talking to yourself in public will
encourage others to leave you alone.

Hah, that used to work. Now people walk around seemingly talking to
themselves all the time. It's hard to tell who the real crazy people
are.
Old January 31st 13, 02:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

wrote:

Whenever you feel anger, you should say, "May I be free of this
anger!" This rarely works, but talking to yourself in public will
encourage others to leave you alone.

Hah, that used to work. Now people walk around seemingly talking to
themselves all the time. It's hard to tell who the real crazy people
are.

I can't tell you how many times I've thought someone was talking to me,
only to discover they had one of those cell phone things stuck in their
ear

Jill
Old February 1st 13, 06:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

wrote:

Whenever you feel anger, you should say, "May I be free of this
anger!" This rarely works, but talking to yourself in public will
encourage others to leave you alone.

Hah, that used to work. Now people walk around seemingly talking to
themselves all the time. It's hard to tell who the real crazy people
are.

Yes, we blend in nicely these days.

--
Joyce

He spent one-third of the time telling me about the musical he was
writing about raccoons, one-third of the time talking about C++, and
one-third of the time demonstrating the plot of Othello using the
salt and pepper shakers.
-- A Treasury of the World's Worst Online Dating Stories