Black Cats-- Remember this guy?

Old November 2nd 04, 02:39 PM
Kreisleriana

Default Black Cats-- Remember this guy?

All the Halloween kitty talk has reminded me of this "scary" guy:
http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/dowbrigade/2003/12/07

Last December, a story (and this picture) circulated about this black
cat, Kooshi, being confined to his apartment in Tel Aviv, because he
was scaring the residents. :P

This seemed far-fetched to me, since my reaction to Kooshi was more
like "Whoa! I am so scared! :P" There are unfortunately a lot fewer
pictures on the net than when it happened, but the best pics of Kooshi
showed that he was kind of a teeeny cat with a ferocious demeanor-- in
fact exactly that kind of cat that many of *us* find most hilarious
and interesting (I do, anyway :P)

But it seems that the old black cat superstition is still alive and
well in Israel! A cat welfare official reported that many Israelis
are frightened of black cats! Just sociiologically, I wonder why this
should be the case?

When the story appeared in the New York Times, the caption on the
photo was "Kooshi. Look and be afraid!"

Every time I see this photo, I just crack up!!! I always wanted to
meet this cat!

Theresa
Old November 2nd 04, 06:03 PM
Margaret Fine

Kreisleriana wrote:
[...]

Oh, I thought he was adorable! But then I've been known to position
myself so a black cat will cross my path a number of times, too! :-)

--
Margaret Fine

Old November 2nd 04, 06:13 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

All the Halloween kitty talk has reminded me of this "scary" guy:
http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/dowbrigade/2003/12/07

A truly fine set of fangs - I think he's sweet!

Cheers, helen s

**$om $

Old November 2nd 04, 06:13 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

All the Halloween kitty talk has reminded me of this "scary" guy:
http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/dowbrigade/2003/12/07

A truly fine set of fangs - I think he's sweet!

Cheers, helen s

**$om $

Cats! Cats! Cats! Cats! doobydoo Cat anecdotes 0 October 30th 04 08:12 PM
How Many Cats... Tanada Cat anecdotes 6 August 20th 04 02:47 AM
cats and MY allergies idohair Cat anecdotes 10 November 16th 03 06:47 PM