What Do you do? A Poll

Old January 17th 05, 03:41 PM
O J

Britta wrote:

I totally agree! I never spit. Dennis and I have had some great
times touring the wineries in Margaret River (the town we're planning
to move to). The best way to avoid getting too drunk is to eat some
tim tams between tastings. Mmmm, wine and tim tams :-)

If you're staying in San Francisco, one of the popular pursuits is a
winery tour. They are mostly north of the city. Novice tasters stop
at the wineries on their right, the east side of the road, on the way
up and those on the west side on the way back. Experienced tasters
drive to the end and make stops on both sides on the way back,
quitting when they've had enough.

Wish I knew what tim tams were.

Regards and Purrs,
O J
Old January 17th 05, 04:17 PM
Singh

Krista wrote in message
ups.com...

Tanada wrote:
Ok, I'm curious. What does everyone in here do for tuna money?

I work in the customer service phone center for a bank whose territory
stretches from Buffalo, the city of its founding, to Northern Virginia.
(those of y'all down South may remember the former Allfirst, now M&T;
colloquially known as "M & Fee") Alternatively, my workplace is known as the
Whine Line, the Salt Mine, Siberia, or simply as "the sewer." It is the
principal reason that I am medicated, and is the place that provided such
stress last August that I got carried off to the Crazy Wing of the county
hospital.

That is my job. My vocation is writer, and if I can actually become a
success at it then I can either leave the bank, or not give a damn because
then I could work from choice and not necessity.

Blessed be,
Baha

Old January 17th 05, 04:25 PM
bonbon

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 21:15:32 GMT, Tanada
wrote:
snip

I am a Substitute Teacher for Cumberland Co. North Carolina, married to
a Blackhawk mechanic/inspector who is medically retired from the US army.

Pam S.

I freeze my butt off. It's been rather chilly here in Houston lately,
and although I'm actually a seamstress, for the past 6 months or so,
I've been installing marble flooring and just recently began working
with natural slate also. It's pretty cold running that wet saw
outside in 35 degree temperatures, but it's very gratifying work at
the end. (Well, aside from the callouses, broken off fingernails, and
rather embarrassing arm muscles.)

-bonbon
Old January 17th 05, 04:28 PM
Nan

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 09:05:42 GMT, "Jean Hobbs"
wrote:

Didn't know you were in the IRA Nan, LOL Jean.P.

LOL Sorry, Individual Retirement Account.

Nan
Old January 17th 05, 04:39 PM
O J

Karen Chuplis wrote:

---------snip of O J's old TelCo stories----------
I have to pass these on to the techs in my company

OK, if you do, tell them this one as well.

The standard underground copper cables are composed of up to 3600
pairs of twisted copper wires. They're heavy, and to pull one from
one manhole to the next takes all the power of one of the heavy
lineman's trucks.

I had something of an intimidating reputation, my nickname was "The
Beast". I was something of a cross between a bear and a geek. I
could decipher any print and at one time all the old DOS portable
computers in South LA ran on menu batch files that I had written.

I was assigned to show an only moderately experienced craftsman how to
do a particular type of splice and I arrived at the location ahead of
him. I opened the hole to let it air out and, after having a cup of
coffee in my truck, decided not to wait any longer for the other
splicer to show up. When I got down into the large hole, I found that
the line crew had left an excess of cable.

Sensing the opportunity to play a classic prank, I cut off about
twenty feet of excess from the real cable, tucked the real end out of
sight behind a few other cables, and shoved about ten feet of the
excess up a spare duct. I then started to set up the fake end as if
it were the real cable, but in such a way that it looked a little
short.

When the other fellow arrived, he joined me downstairs and I began to
complain that the line crew had left the cable a little short and that
I would like to have a little more slack. I spit on my hands and
rubbed them together. I too several deep breaths. I grabbed the fake
end and started to pull. It was easy to move, but I did my best to
pantomime someone straining with all his might.

Slowly the fake cable started to move. I dragged about five more feet
of it into the hole and turned to look at my fellow craftsman. His
jaw was on the floor and an eerie look of disbelief was in his eyes.

"Well, that's a little more like it!" I said. "Now we can get to
work!" I carried on as if the morning's events were nothing special
for about another fifteen minutes or so before I let him in on my
little charade.

Life is short, you have to make your fun where you can find it!

Regards and Purrs,
O J
Old January 17th 05, 05:21 PM
Marina

O J wrote:
Aaakkk!!!

I nearly had a heart attack. Caught like a rat by my own trap! After
that I gave up my little hobby.

ROFL!

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki
Old January 17th 05, 05:32 PM
Stormin Mormon

Sounds like you take all the heat for everyone else in th e company who is
making life miserable for the customer.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Old January 17th 05, 07:18 PM
jmcquown

Victor Martinez wrote:
O J wrote:
Respectfully, I have to disagree. While a dozen or more cats is
definitely an asset if one aspires to be a "Crazy Cat Lady", some
people are able to make it work with as few as two or three.

I must take exception to the obvious sexist nature of the term "Crazy
Cat Lady". There are plenty of us guys out there who might share the
same passion/obsession.

What would be PC? Crazy Cat People springs to mind....

Jill

Old January 17th 05, 08:05 PM
Victor Martinez

jmcquown wrote:
What would be PC? Crazy Cat People springs to mind....

Crazy Cat Person is gender-inclusive...

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old January 17th 05, 09:11 PM
Ginger-lyn Summer

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 08:28:19 +1100, "Yowie"
wrote:

TimTams are a chocoholic's idea of paradise. Take two chocolate biscuits
(cookies). Slap some chocolate cream in between them. Cover the lot with a
generous amount of chocolate.

TimTam Slam: Nibble off one set of hte diagonally opposite corners. Insert
one corner into Kahlua, Tia Maria, Bailey's or other sweet liquer that would
go with chocolate. Suck the other corner of the timtam as hard as you can.
Once you can taste the liquer, the timtamslam is ready to eat :-)

Overseas Aussies pine for vegemite, timtams, cherry ripes, violet crumbles,
twisties and real beer :-)

Yowie

Yummmmmmmmmm!

Ginger-lyn