We had to say goodbye to Boo

Old March 23rd 09, 09:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Claude V. Lucas

Default We had to say goodbye to Boo

In article ,
cshenk wrote:
"cybercat" wrote

It was very hard to take her and not come home with her. We knew that if
we brought her home it would be for US, not the best thing for her. She
could have lingered and suffered for weeks, maybe months. It was not fast
but it was peaceful.

Condolences. Saying "go ahead and do it" is one of the toughest
things one will ever have to do.

Old March 23rd 09, 11:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Cheryl

"cybercat" wrote in message
It was a tumor that had grown into her jaw bone, and the bone was
necrotic.

Oh no, I'm so sorry.

Old March 24th 09, 04:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Gandalf

On Mon, 23 Mar 2009 10:06:12 -0400, "cybercat"
wrote:

It was a tumor that had grown into her jaw bone, and the bone was necrotic.
Again, I am amazed at the way cats can hide pain. She scampered and
frolicked and was her usual self even for part of yesterday. The vet said
that these types of tumors are almost always fatal, and that our only option
would be to take her to the vet school here in Raleigh and have them remove
part of her jaw.

It was very hard to take her and not come home with her. We knew that if we
brought her home it would be for US, not the best thing for her. She could
have lingered and suffered for weeks, maybe months. It was not fast but it
was peaceful.

For those of you who think giving an animal this last precious gift when
they are suffering costs so much you would rather let them linger, it cost
$30. If we thought we could give her anything but a lot more suffering, we
would have spent everything we have to fix this thing. We felt we owed her
more, we felt that our pain at losing her sooner, horrible as it is, was
better than causing her, allowing her to suffer more. We feel that what we
are going through now is a small price to pay for all those years of fun and
laughter and love.

Thanks to all of you for your kind support and prayers. She was the coolest,
most ferociously loving little cat. There is a huge hole in our home and in
our hearts.

I'm so sorry for your terrible loss.

Obviously, you loved Boo very, very much

Enough to be selfless when it came time for the decision that had to be
made.

I'm glad that Boo is not suffering. I'm sorry for your broken heart.

Gandalf
Old March 24th 09, 04:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
sudee

On Mar 23, 7:06*am, "cybercat" wrote:
[...]

I'm so sorry. I have followed your thread as we had a little girl
named Boo that we lost in 2001 that we had had for 13 years. She had
cancer. Saying goodbye was so hard but it was what was best for her as
well. Hugs to you and blessings for a great home for a furry friend.

Sue -- Firefighter mom -- Rabid UW Dawg fan (out of the March Madness
darn).
Old March 24th 09, 07:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Noon Cat Nick

cybercat wrote:
[...]

Is Heaven all you asked of it,
O little cat? Did Peter fit
A halo for your graceless head?
Is there a quilt for your special bed,
And a bowl of cream just out of reach
Of your thieving paw? Or do They teach
You not to steal in paradise?
Does the flapping of Their wings entice?
Do you scamper and swing on a golden fence,
Or are They teaching you reverence?
And are there really golden thrones
Up there? Or do the Mighty Ones
Have nice fat chairs that you can claw
And tear and snag with an impious paw?
And do the angels understand
That a little cat in a lonely land
Still longs for a kiss and a friendly cuff?

Celestial joys are not enough.
Please, some small saint in shining white,
Hold her close in your arms tonight.

--Bianca Bradbury

May her memory be eternal.
Old March 24th 09, 09:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MLB

Noon Cat Nick wrote:
cybercat wrote:
It was a tumor that had grown into her jaw bone, and the bone was
necrotic. Again, I am amazed at the way cats can hide pain. She
[...]

That will be added to my collection. Thanks for posting. MLB
Old March 24th 09, 11:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Cazz A

I am so sorry she left you Cyber, go curl up in bed with a pillow and
think of all the good times you shared.
I'm glad you let her go too, I know how hard it can be, this way you
remember all the good times, not her suffering.

Old March 25th 09, 03:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Janet

So sorry to hear this, Cybercat. Hugs to you and yours.

Old March 28th 09, 03:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

[...]

Oh, no, I'm so very sorry, CC!!!!!! I just read this post now. Of
course, you absolutely did give her the final gift of many that you
gave her through all those loving years. A kitty who lives with you
is a lucky cat and I know you feel the same about them. I hope your
heart heals as quickly as possible.

Candace
Old March 29th 09, 08:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

wrote :

Oh, no, I'm so very sorry, CC!!!!!! I just read this post now. Of
course, you absolutely did give her the final gift of many that you
gave her through all those loving years. A kitty who lives with you
is a lucky cat and I know you feel the same about them. I hope your
heart heals as quickly as possible.

Thank you, Candace, and thanks to you all who offered support and
condolences. It is very hard, and I know you understand.

Candace