"Portrait" of Princess and Smidgin - just posted a photo of my painting

Old December 17th 03, 01:31 PM
Linda E

"Linda E" wrote in message

"Carrie-Lou Salter" wrote in message

Hi, would you be willing to email it to me? I can't access the

binaries
ng
that you've posted it in, it's blocked by the firewall here at

work....if
you could, I'd appreciate it, as I'd LOVE to see it. My mom has been

doing
lot of oil paintings of birds, and I'm getting quite an appreciation

for
the
art...

Thanks,
Carrie

Sure, I'll be happy to email the photo to you. I'll do it later this
evening. Just remember that I'm an amateur and this is my first

attempt
at
painting cats.

MaryL

Mary, the painting trully *is* awesome!

Linda

Thanks. I had never painted until I signed up with lessons from a local
artist 3 years ago, but I always had a desire to do it *someday.* I was
fortunate to find an instructor who is very skilled but who is also a

great
teacher -- I have never heard her say a negative thing to anyone, but she
always finds a way to bring out the best in people. I get genuine

pleasure
from this.

And since this is a cats group: some of us talk about positive
reinforcement for cats. It obviously carries over to humans, too!

Amen! I have started painting animals on rocks... maybe I'll post some
pics. But, larger portraits take much more talent and you have it!

Linda

Old December 17th 03, 05:00 PM
Charleen Welton

Linda, my dearest friend is an artist also. The most precious gift she gave
to me were three paintings on rocks of my three darling cats. I'll try to
get the pics on the computer for you. They are wonderful.
Charleen

Old December 21st 03, 04:29 AM
MaryL

"Laura R." wrote in message
.. .
circa Sun, 14 Dec 2003 14:30:37 -0600, in rec.pets.cats.health+behav,

Laura
--
I am Dyslexia of Borg,
Your ass will be laminated.

Hi Laura,

I just reposted to alt.binaries.pictures.animals. Thanks for asking. I
could also email it to you if it doesn't show up on your newsreader. I'm
not familiar with dotphoto (which you mentioned in a previous message).
I'll look into that.

MaryL