The Great Catnip Heist

Old February 6th 08, 03:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mischief

Default The Great Catnip Heist

On Feb 3, 2:07 pm, wrote:
Lesley wrote:

Many years ago a friend of mine was growing certain plants for her own
consumption if you get my drift. She used to keep them on the bathroom
windowsill and keep the door shut to keep the cats out...one day she
forgot and arrived home to find two smahed plant pots in the bathroom
with a few twigs left on them and her cats Bonnie and Clyde both lying
by the radiator with all four legs stuck straight up in the air
completely out of it

Well, they were aptly named, weren't they? I've always wondered what
the effects would be on cats.

Joyce

--

Well, "herbal refreshment' does have the same effect, but of course
it's not the greatest thing for their bodies.

But in working at the emergency vet clinic, I HAVE seen cases of DOGS
coming in after eating 'special' brownies.

As if the chocolate wasn't bad enough. The dogs were flying high.
The worst was the little chihuahua. So now we not only have to make
him vomit, but the poor thing could barely stand. And we technicians
are in the back trying to keep a straight face......and failing.

Or there's the occasional dog that actually gets into the 'pure'
stuff. It's always fun to see the owner try to explain, indirectly,
what happened.

"She ate a brownie that my, uh, FRIEND made me. I guess she's
stumbling because of the chocolate, right?"

"Well, you see, I just, uh, came home and he was stumbling around.
Don't have a CLUE what she got into."

Suuuuuuuuurrrrrrrreeeeee..........

I haven't seen it in action, but I'm told that when we run bloodwork
we can actually test for it.

I wonder if we can just do a urine test. hehehehe.......

Kristi
Old February 6th 08, 07:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Shiral

On Feb 5, 2:02*pm, "Granby" wrote:
Funny thing, O. T. Mahoney (Orange Thing) is the only one of my 3 that
respond in anyway to nip. *He just lays on the cat tree and lets his head
hang down and tries to roll around. *If he falls off, he sort of crab walks
away from the couch and rolls around. He talks to himself and if he happens
to find a shoe of such, he has quite a conversation with it."Shiral" wrote in message

LOL now that's a STONED pussy-cat! It would be interesting to know,
from his point of view, if he thinks the shoe responds to what he
tells it! My late friend's cat would always give my shoes quite a
scent wipe with head butts and loud very masculine purring, but maybe
he just had a shoe fetish. I don't recall that he was particularly
sensitive to 'Nip.

Melissa
Old February 6th 08, 08:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=

"Mischief"
On Feb 3, 2:07 pm, :
Lesley :

[...]

LOL..'urine' BIG trouble gnow
Kyla
--and Clowder

Old February 6th 08, 08:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=

LOL, that IS too funny
Kyla
"Granby"
Funny thing, O. T. Mahoney (Orange Thing) is the only one of my 3 that
respond in anyway to nip. He just lays on the cat tree and lets his head
hang down and tries to roll around. If he falls off, he sort of crab
walks away from the couch and rolls around. He talks to himself and if he
happens to find a shoe of such, he has quite a conversation with it.
"Shiral"
On Feb 3, 11:41 am,

"Kreisleriana"
wrote in message

I woke up very early this morning and had to go pee. Came out into the
livingroom to find a large swath of *something* all over the livingroom
floor. Looked like some kind of spice. Looked like... hey... there's an
empty plastic bag on the floor, what does it say? OMG, catnip!!

*Someone* (my guess is that it's someone of the tuxedo variety) managed
to pull the bag of catnip from the broken drawer in the kitchen, which,
because of its malfunction, is always a crack open. "He" brought it
into
the living room and tore into it.

No wonder he kept sitting on my bedroom floor and meowing at nothing!
He
was stoned out of his gourd! So was Roxy. Smudge was sleeping
innocently
on my bed and didn't know anything about this until several hours later
when I got up for good. Then she, too, was rolling in it.

So I've left it on the floor for now, but soon I will get out the sucky
monster to clean it up. Until I'm ready to do housework, they might as
well enjoy it.

Reminds me of Stinky's greatest-ever hoolikitten exploit-- the Roll in
the
Cocoa Powder. - Hide quoted text -

Oo, I bet THAT was fun to clean up! My girls don't seem all that
interested in Meowy-Wowie, alas. But it's fun to watch a cat who's
high on the stuff!

Melissa

Old February 7th 08, 11:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=

Another funny story from a few years ago...it was Summer and we went to
visit a now former friend. We had just puuuurchased some fresh Nip
from the grocers, and when we parked the ar at our friends house, we left
the passenger window open and parked next to a BIG hedge. Some hours later,
after our visit, it was dark. I got into the car, stepped on something,
looked down and catnip was all over the floor and the seats..LOL.
Evidently, some of the neighborhood cats got a whiff of it and 'partied' and
left without cleaning up the mess.
Ya never gnow
Love you guys
Kyla
--Pipps, Sqweex, Mosey, Pookie

Old February 8th 08, 01:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Kyla =^..^= wrote:

Another funny story from a few years ago...it was Summer and we went to
visit a now former friend. We had just puuuurchased some fresh Nip
from the grocers, and when we parked the ar at our friends house, we left
the passenger window open and parked next to a BIG hedge. Some hours later,
after our visit, it was dark. I got into the car, stepped on something,
looked down and catnip was all over the floor and the seats..LOL.
Evidently, some of the neighborhood cats got a whiff of it and 'partied' and
left without cleaning up the mess.

That's hilarious!!

Joyce
Old February 10th 08, 09:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=

bast wrote in message
Kyla =^..^=
Another funny story from a few years ago...it was Summer and we went to
visit a now former friend. We had just puuuurchased some fresh Nip
from the grocers, and when we parked the ar at our friends house, we
left
the passenger window open and parked next to a BIG hedge. Some hours
later,
after our visit, it was dark. I got into the car, stepped on something,
looked down and catnip was all over the floor and the seats..LOL.
Evidently, some of the neighborhood cats got a whiff of it and 'partied'
and
left without cleaning up the mess.

That's hilarious!!

Joyce

Indeed it was, and a really hard time cleaning it all out of the car.
Silly Cats

Kyla