Boy strolled in

Old July 27th 13, 12:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Boy strolled in

after being out out for 6 hours, I almost was out looking for his body on
the road.
He never stays out normally as long as this, so I completely understand why
my mother nearly swiped my head off when I decided to paddle in the brook
for a a while instead of coming straight home for school.

Anyway, he returned home "what's the problem?" I told him what the problem
was, that I thought he was dead.

He said it's because of the hot weather and it's nice to stay out.

Tweed

Old July 27th 13, 01:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

after being out out for 6 hours, I almost was out looking for his body on
the road.

Awww, Boyfie didn't mean to scare you.

He never stays out normally as long as this, so I completely understand why
my mother nearly swiped my head off when I decided to paddle in the brook
for a a while instead of coming straight home for school.

When I was little, starting kindergarten (I was five) I was terrified of
being kept after school. (I suppose I have my older brothers to thank
for instilling that fear in me.) I rode the school bus to and from.
One day a classmate's mother offered to give me a ride home. I seem to
recall saying at the time, "I should tell Toby" [the bus driver]. Oh,
it will be fine, we'll drop you off.

Sure enough, my mother was waiting for me to get off the bus and I
didn't! She had no idea where I was. I didn't mean to scare her.
Boyfie didn't mean to scare you, I'm sure.

Anyway, he returned home "what's the problem?" I told him what the problem
was, that I thought he was dead.

He said it's because of the hot weather and it's nice to stay out.

Tweed

All's well that ends well!

Jill
Old July 28th 13, 08:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"jmcquown" wrote in message
When I was little, starting kindergarten (I was five) I was terrified of
being kept after school. (I suppose I have my older brothers to thank for
instilling that fear in me.) I rode the school bus to and from. One day a
classmate's mother offered to give me a ride home. I seem to recall
saying at the time, "I should tell Toby" [the bus driver]. Oh, it will be
fine, we'll drop you off.

Sure enough, my mother was waiting for me to get off the bus and I didn't!
She had no idea where I was. I didn't mean to scare her. Boyfie didn't
mean to scare you, I'm sure.

Of course he didn't, he's a cat, with no concept of the abstract thought of
his worried meowmie waiting on tenterhooks! Actually, I'm happy he's
enjoying the rare event of a few weeks of hot and sunny weather here, it may
not happen again in his lifetime ;-)

I tell myself that there's little traffic, he was able to take care of
himself car-wise when he was wandering and KFC was safe in the neighbourhood
for over 20 years, it's just that nagging doubt.

All's well that ends well!

Indeed.
We had torrential rain last night and he was soon back at the door when the
first drops fell ;-)
Often he waits patiently outside the back door without making a sound until
I let him in as he can sit in the conservatory but if it rains, he meows
very loudly to come in. He doesn't do rain.

Tweed

Old July 28th 13, 08:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Judith Latham" wrote in message
In article , Christina Websell
wrote:
after being out out for 6 hours, I almost was out looking for his body
on the road. He never stays out normally as long as this, so I
completely understand why my mother nearly swiped my head off when I
decided to paddle in the brook for a a while instead of coming straight
home for school.

Anyway, he returned home "what's the problem?" I told him what the
problem was, that I thought he was dead.

He said it's because of the hot weather and it's nice to stay out.

Tweed

Sootie is staying out most nights but did come in last night which was
nice. So she definitely agrees with Boyfie. Occasionally at the weekend
she goes out at about 8.30 am and I don't see her again for 10 hours or
so. Where she goes I have no idea, probably asleep under a bush some
where. My previous two didn't do this so I've had to try to get used to
it.

After Boyfie got the snip, he rarely stays out for long.
He is a creature of habit now. He has his breakfast, he goes out for an
hour or so, comes home, spends until 2.30-3.00 on his duvet then comes
downstairs moaning about "is it time for my tea?" After his teatime meal
(3.45) on the dot! he might go out again for another couple of hours and
will then spend the evening on my lap. He gets up at 9.30 to insist it's
time for his 10 pm sprinkle of dry food - after that he'll go out for an
hour looking at rats.
I prefer to keep him in overnight, not only for his own safety re foxes but
also because I don't want him out at dawn when he is able to to catch birds
at their most vulnerable, when they are waking up.
Stastistics say that if every cat owner kept their cat in overnight if would
significantly reduce their predation on wild birds, which they are being
vilified here for atm.

Tweeed

Usually she's in our garden or comes back every few hours.

The morning she wasn't waiting to come in at about 5.15am both DH and I
were convinced she'd had an accident but as you know she was locked in
next doors garage which is attached to our house and boy did she yell when
she heard me calling her. On that occasion not only did she dive us a
scare but I had to wake the neighbours at 6am to let her out. Bless 'em.

Judith

Judith

--
Judith Latham
Stourbridge, West Midlands. UK.

Old July 28th 13, 08:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote in message
"Christina Websell" wrote:
after being out out for 6 hours, I almost was out looking for his body on
the road.

He probably found a nice shady spot to snooze in.

--
Adrian

He probably did and who am I to not want him to enjoy this long spell of hot
weather?
It's just..well..I worry about him if he's gone for 6 hours.
Even though it's safe here, one black cat did get run over in front of my
house a few years ago for the first time ever in my 25+ years here, He
must have shot out from a garden straight under the wheels of one of the
rare cars that are going past. Because of that, it scared me that my Boy
was out for so long.
I was almost out with a torch to find his body, damning those who didn't see
his reflective collar.

BCT.

Tweed