Have a look at these birds OT

Old March 10th 11, 08:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Default Have a look at these birds OT

On 10/03/2011 07:26, wrote:
Christina Websell wrote:

It's starlings preparing to roost

http://www.zie.nl/video/opmerkelijk/...t/m1gz0fwf7ru0

Finally got a chance to watch this. Wow! That's amazing. It's a sky
ballet! It must be incredible to be right under it. What does it *sound*
like?

I love watching starlings do that. They're often quiet, or there's a
faint trill in the air; all those birds making a small individual sound
that combines in a chorus.

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.

Old March 10th 11, 12:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Mar 9, 7:43*pm, hopitus wrote:
On Mar 9, 11:00*am, "Christina Websell" wrote:

It's starlings preparing to roost
http://www.zie.nl/video/opmerkelijk/...Utrecht/m1gz0f...

It's lovely- we don't often see starlings in London but sometimes
you'll see a whole load of them flying overheard

Are you excited about the upcoming Royal Wedding?

I wish they'd sneak off to a registry office andd do it on the quiet
with a couple of passers by as witnesses!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old March 10th 11, 01:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
~*LiveLoveLaugh*~[_2_]

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

It's starlings preparing to roost

http://www.zie.nl/video/opmerkelijk/...t/m1gz0fwf7ru0

Tweed

-------

Really neat. Reminds me of the schools of sardines in the ocean when the
dolphins are trying to feed on them.

·.·´¨ ¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
Laurie
((¸¸.·´ ..·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸ ·.·

*~*LiveLoveLaugh*~*

All that I am or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.
~Abraham Lincoln

Old March 10th 11, 05:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

On 3/10/2011 12:26 AM, wrote:
Christina Websell wrote:

It's starlings preparing to roost

http://www.zie.nl/video/opmerkelijk/...t/m1gz0fwf7ru0

Finally got a chance to watch this. Wow! That's amazing. It's a sky
ballet! It must be incredible to be right under it. What does it *sound*
like?

You wouldn't want to be under it. Ick. I have all kinds of black birds
that migrate through here and they number in the thousands when they
come through. They'll all land in the cemetery across the street, and
when they get spooked, they all take off at once and the sound of their
wings all flapping at the same time is like a big WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH!
They get in my trees and knock acorns down by jumping on the branches.
But the worst is all the poo.

Old March 10th 11, 06:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

Cheryl wrote:
On 3/10/2011 12:26 AM, wrote:
Christina Websell wrote:

It's starlings preparing to roost

http://www.zie.nl/video/opmerkelijk/...t/m1gz0fwf7ru0

Finally got a chance to watch this. Wow! That's amazing. It's a sky
ballet! It must be incredible to be right under it. What does it *sound*
like?

You wouldn't want to be under it. Ick. I have all kinds of black birds
that migrate through here and they number in the thousands when they
come through. They'll all land in the cemetery across the street, and
when they get spooked, they all take off at once and the sound of their
wings all flapping at the same time is like a big WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH!
They get in my trees and knock acorns down by jumping on the branches.
But the worst is all the poo.

That reminds me of Lola who was the big boss's secretary at that time.
She was a lovely, petite, dignified lady about 60. It was Easter time
and she had on a beautiful silk pink suit and matching hat. She went to
town on her lunch hour and (horrors!) she got bombarded from overhead by
an overloaded seagull. I never saw her wear those clothes again. The
seagulls come to town from the Great Salt Lake shore to feed on what
people drop on the street (intentionally or accidentally). They can be
a real nuisance. MLB
Old March 10th 11, 07:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Cheryl wrote:

Finally got a chance to watch this. Wow! That's amazing. It's a sky
ballet! It must be incredible to be right under it. What does it *sound*
like?

You wouldn't want to be under it. Ick. I have all kinds of black birds
that migrate through here and they number in the thousands when they
come through. They'll all land in the cemetery across the street, and
when they get spooked, they all take off at once and the sound of their
wings all flapping at the same time is like a big WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH!
They get in my trees and knock acorns down by jumping on the branches.
But the worst is all the poo.

I think the only thing I would really dislike is the poop. The whoooshing
thing sounds kind of cool, actually. Not sure how my cats would feel about
that, though.

I don't think we have them in San Francisco. At least, I've never seen a
huge flock behaving like that around here.

Joyce

--
Taxes: Money you complain about giving the government, to pay for
services whose absence you would complain about.
Old March 10th 11, 10:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

It's starlings preparing to roost

http://www.zie.nl/video/opmerkelijk/...t/m1gz0fwf7ru0

Tweed

Wonderful! It's like bird ballet.

MaryL

Old March 11th 11, 02:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Wayne Mitchell

MLB wrote:

Do you
remember the Hitchcock movie "The Birds". That movie
really scared me way back then.

Then don't ever read the original Daphne du Maurier novelette. I'm
afraid I found the Hitchcock effort merely silly and not in the least
scary. The written word is much more successful at conveying that kind
of horror.
--

Wayne M.
Old March 11th 11, 03:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Wayne Mitchell wrote:

MLB wrote:

Do you
remember the Hitchcock movie "The Birds". That movie
really scared me way back then.

Then don't ever read the original Daphne du Maurier novelette. I'm
afraid I found the Hitchcock effort merely silly and not in the least
scary. The written word is much more successful at conveying that kind
of horror.

Ditto on "Don't Look Now". That story scared the hell out of me. I
don't really remember how I reacted to the movie, but I don't think
it was quite as effective. That might have been because I already
knew what was going to happen, though.

Joyce

--
We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth
concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both.

birds chirping? yepp Cat anecdotes 2 April 5th 08 12:27 PM
birds. WAWELDRAGON Cat health & behaviour 4 July 12th 07 09:41 PM
birds. WAWELDRAGON Cat health & behaviour 2 July 12th 07 02:11 PM
BIRDS, BIRDS, BIRDS! Renee Darvin Cat anecdotes 16 April 20th 04 04:34 AM