Yeast Infection in Ears

Old March 19th 04, 04:40 AM
Stacey

Default Yeast Infection in Ears

My 8 month old kitten has a yeast infection in his ears. This is the second
time he's gotten it. I would like to clean his ears so the drops are more
effective. Does any one have suggestions for cleans his ears and preventing
the infection?

Thank you,

Stacey

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Be a life long or short, its completeness depends on what it was lived for.

-David Starr Jordan

Old March 19th 04, 11:35 PM
Liz

"Stacey" wrote in message thlink.net...
My 8 month old kitten has a yeast infection in his ears. This is the second
time he's gotten it. I would like to clean his ears so the drops are more
effective. Does any one have suggestions for cleans his ears and preventing
the infection?

Thank you,

Stacey

Yeast infections are indicative of a weak immune system. I suggest you
give him a better quality food and some B vitamins for at least a
month. Wish your kitty well.

Old March 20th 04, 06:04 AM
Stacey

My 8 month old kitten has a yeast infection in his ears. This is the
second
time he's gotten it. I would like to clean his ears so the drops are

more
effective. Does any one have suggestions for cleans his ears and

preventing
the infection?

Thank you,

Stacey

Yeast infections are indicative of a weak immune system. I suggest you
give him a better quality food and some B vitamins for at least a
month. Wish your kitty well.

He was on Nutro Kitten dry and Wellness canned. I don't know how I could
give him much better food. He had a URI before I got him and was on
antibiotics. The vet had me put him on a bland diet of turkey and chicken
(no onion powder!) baby food and boiled chicken breast because of loose
stools since he first arrived. It persisted and he had me give the kitten
Metronidizole for bacteria infection. Two fecal tests showed no parasites,
even had them sent out to a lab.

Do they make cat B vitamins or do I give him human? A B-complex? How much?

Thanks,

Stacey

Stacey

Old March 20th 04, 03:50 PM
Liz

"Stacey" wrote in message hlink.net...
[...]

The food sounds good but his absorption is probably impared because of
lose stools. Try adding some raw to his diet. It´s imperative that his
stools go back to normal. I don´t have Wellness here or Nutro nowadays
so I couldn´t try those but Eukanuba chicken and rice was the only one
that my cat with colitis could eat without problems (colitis and IBD
seem to be the same thing). Now he´s back to raw only cuz Eukanuba
here is outrageously expensive and he´s doing great. You can give him
the same dose as a human supplement of Bs (only Bs) because the excess
is easily eliminated in the urine or to save money, cut the human
tablet in half.

Cheryl, so glad to know it worked wonders for your kitty. Bs are
really wonder stuff for the immune system.

Old March 20th 04, 05:32 PM
Liz

I just remembered something: I think Cheryl saw the first normal
stools in years with Wellness canned. Perhaps if you remove Nutro and
give only Wellness canned his stools will go back to normal. Oh, and
when I say Bs, I mean B complex.

Kitty Ears O J Cat anecdotes 45 June 24th 04 08:46 PM
odd smell from cat's ears Rona Yuthasastrakosol Cat health & behaviour 14 January 26th 04 03:03 AM