Snake!

Old February 25th 05, 02:19 AM
badwilson

Default Snake!

There's this snake that's been coming over the wall behind our house.
The wall is about 10 feet high and behind it is an empty field with
half built and abandoned houses where water buffalos graze. The snake
has been basking on the top of the wall and every time it is visible,
the neighbour's dog barks up a storm and the birds make this weird
twittering noise. The snake is about 6 feet long and kind of fat, a
dark colour. Shudder.
A few days ago, Dennis got some gardener people to cut down all the
branches of the trees that touch the house and also to cut down the
shrubs on the other side of the wall that would allow the snake to get
up there. Things seemed good for a while.
Right now, the neighbour's dog is barking up a storm and the birds are
twittering. I can't see the snake anywhere, but still, I am not going
outside today!!!
--
Britta
Sandpaper kisses, a cuddle and a purr. I have an alarm clock that's

Old February 25th 05, 03:48 AM
blove

Any pattern on the snake? where are you located? Is there any wildlife
people like the local DEC or Forest Ranger u can call to catch it and
relocate it? Just treat it with respect and dont let ur pets outside
without supervision and it wont bother you. DO NOT kill it. Snakes are
more afraid of you and will hightail it out of there at the slightest
vibration from your foot steps.

Old February 25th 05, 05:38 AM
L. (usenetlyn)

badwilson wrote:
[...]

Based on your description, it's a good snake. Where do you live?
Cutting trees away from the wall won't help - snakes can climb a wall
with no problem. If you kill it you will have a *flood* of mice and
rats/other rodents in your property.

If you can get a closer look, or a digital pic, let me know - I can
probably ID it for you.

-L.
(Serpentophile)

Old February 25th 05, 07:44 AM
badwilson

L. (usenetlyn) wrote:
badwilson wrote:
[...]

I'm in Thailand. I'm not about to kill it myself and my husband is
away for a month. I am going to stay inside with Vino and wait for
one of the neighbours to kill it, hee hee! Being in Thailand, I'm
going to assume it's poisonous and avoid it. There are tons of snakes
around here, it's quite creepy.
About rats, we already have that problem but fortunately they are
contained to the under the sink area. Caught a few in a trap and they
go away for a while but then come back after a few months.

Old February 25th 05, 07:45 AM
badwilson

"badwilson" wrote in message
[...]

I'm in a small town in Thailand. DEC or Forest Ranger , LOL! Not a
chance. I'll keep my eye out for it and try to get a pic through the
window if I can.

Old February 25th 05, 04:52 PM
Bob M

badwilson wrote:

[...]

Okay. I'm running the other way now!

Bob
Old February 26th 05, 12:01 AM
L. (usenetlyn)

badwilson wrote:

Based on your description, it's a good snake. Where do you live?
Cutting trees away from the wall won't help - snakes can climb a

wall
with no problem. If you kill it you will have a *flood* of mice

and
rats/other rodents in your property.

If you can get a closer look, or a digital pic, let me know - I can
probably ID it for you.

-L.
(Serpentophile)

I'm in Thailand. I'm not about to kill it myself and my husband is
away for a month. I am going to stay inside with Vino and wait for
one of the neighbours to kill it, hee hee! Being in Thailand, I'm
going to assume it's poisonous and avoid it.

Um, yeah - good idea!

I have always wanted a Taiwanese Beauty snake.

There are tons of snakes
around here, it's quite creepy.

Hee - that's a matter of opinion! I love seeing snakes in the wild.

About rats, we already have that problem but fortunately they are
contained to the under the sink area. Caught a few in a trap and

they
go away for a while but then come back after a few months.

Seriously if you kill a snake, the rat population will skyrocket. Big
snakes (like you described) will kill 4-6 rats a month, sometimes more.

Let's just hope this guy isn't poisonous. If you get a picture of him,
let me know - I still may be able to ID him for you.

-L.

Old February 26th 05, 12:09 AM
Victor Martinez

badwilson wrote:
About rats, we already have that problem but fortunately they are
contained to the under the sink area. Caught a few in a trap and they
go away for a while but then come back after a few months.

Vino doesn't kill the rats?

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old February 26th 05, 02:49 AM
badwilson

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
badwilson wrote:
About rats, we already have that problem but fortunately they are
contained to the under the sink area. Caught a few in a trap and

they
go away for a while but then come back after a few months.

Vino doesn't kill the rats?

No way, I'd never let him near them! Thankfully they seem to only be
able to get in from under the sink and are contained in that one
kitchen cabinet, and I'd never leave it open because that would expose
the rest of the house to them, making my problem much bigger. Also,
I'm assuming they are dirty and carry diseases and I don't want Vino
even touching a dirty nasty rat. Also, these rats are huge and I'm
sure Vino would be scared of them. They are about 1/3 of the size of
him! Eeeek!