OT - Purrs for my sister

Old February 7th 06, 10:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default OT - Purrs for my sister

Yoj wrote:
My sister had sone really wild palpitations a couple of weeks ago, so
she went to her doctor, who told her to see a cardiologist for a
nuclear stress test. She had that test last week. She lives in
Valdez, Alaska, and had to go to Anchorage to see the cardiologist.
Her husband went with her, but he came back after the test, and she
stayed a couple of days for a work-related conference. She got home
Friday evening and found a message from the cardiologist, wanting her
to come back and make an appointment to come in this week.

She called today, and they want her to come in Wednesday for a heart
catheritization. At least that's what my mother said. She's pretty
sharp for 94, but she sometimes gets things mixed up. I'm thinking
it's probably an angiogram or angioplasty. She's supposed to avoid
stress. I don't know how anybody does that. My sister is a high
school teacher, and my BIL is a vet's assistant. He has to go with
her, so they both have to take off work and make another $700 trip.
They have to go tomorrow evening, in order to get there in time for
her early appointment on Wednesday.

Naturally, there's a lot of stress going around. Purrs will be
appreciated.

Health and calming purrs on the way.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
A House is not a home, without a cat.

Old February 7th 06, 12:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Yoj wrote:
how anybody does that. My sister is a high school teacher, and my BIL is a
vet's assistant. He has to go with her, so they both have to take off work

She's 94 and still works?!?!?!?!

Naturally, there's a lot of stress going around. Purrs will be appreciated.

Absolutely, on the way!

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old February 7th 06, 01:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Purrs for your sister on their way.

Catheterization may be correct. My husband had something called Wolfe
Parkinson White Syndrome (WPW) which causes arrhythmias (sp?). In most cases
it can be taken care of by catheterization (not in his case unfortunately.)

Fi

"Yoj" wrote in message
m...
[...]

Joy

**Don't believe everything you think**

Old February 7th 06, 02:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Purrs for your sister's health to improve. Ben's mom had an angioplasty (is
that the one where they place the stints in your arteries?), and she was
only in the hospital overnight. She was told to make some major lifestyle
changes (which she hasn't :), and now she's just fine! This type of thing
is very common now-a-days and has become pretty routine, so try not to worry
too much.

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

m...

Old February 7th 06, 02:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Yoj" wrote:

Naturally, there's a lot of stress going around. Purrs will be appreciated.

De-stressing purrs for the whole family coming along, and purrs
for improved health for your sister.

--

Wayne M
(indulged by Will and Heidi)

Old February 7th 06, 03:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

In article , Yoj
wrote:

My sister had sone really wild palpitations a couple of weeks ago, so she
went to her doctor, who told her to see a cardiologist for a nuclear stress
test. She had that test last week. She lives in Valdez, Alaska, and had to
go to Anchorage to see the cardiologist. Her husband went with her, but he
came back after the test, and she stayed a couple of days for a work-related
conference. She got home Friday evening and found a message from the
cardiologist, wanting her to come back and make an appointment to come in
this week.

She called today, and they want her to come in Wednesday for a heart
catheritization. At least that's what my mother said. She's pretty sharp
for 94, but she sometimes gets things mixed up. I'm thinking it's probably
an angiogram or angioplasty.

Purrs. If palpitations (i.e. "arrythmias") are the issue, there may
indeed be angiography, but, depending on what they find or already
know, the treatment may go in a different direction.

The diagnostic part of such treatment is generally called EP for
electrophysiologic study. Essentially, the tip of the catheter has an
electrical conductor, and they stimulate parts of the heart to try to
find the part that is causing irregular beats.

If such a place can be mapped out, then the catheter can be used to
send radio-frequency waves, or possibly use a laser, to destroy the
part causing the problem. "Ablation" of the badly behaved pacemaking
tissue is usually painless, and usually cures, not just minimizes, the
problem.

It is possible that some of the irregular heartbeat may be associated
with insufficient blood flow to the area giving the wrong signals. In
that case, angioplasty or bypass, with or without ablation, may be the
preferred treatment.
Old February 7th 06, 04:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Yoj wrote:

[...]

Purrs and prayers for your sister.
Lily & her mama

Old February 7th 06, 04:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Yoj wrote:
[...]

Purrs for your sister, for you, your BIL and your mom.

Jill

Old February 7th 06, 06:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-02-07, Yoj penned:
[...]

Those nuclear stress tests are really good. My father in law got one
on a lark -- they're different from the regular heart stress tests he
gets every year. The regular tests showed no problems, but the
nuclear stress tests revealed problems that led to a quad bypass.

I'm very glad he took that test.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Purrs from a purr-less Lisakatt Cat anecdotes 20 December 20th 05 10:39 PM
Purrs and Headbutts Julie Cook Cat anecdotes 0 December 20th 05 10:23 PM
Purrs, please? JBHajos Cat anecdotes 37 December 16th 05 03:40 AM
Kitty purrs and tuna purrs Dan M Cat anecdotes 57 July 22nd 04 07:00 AM
Purrs for my sister in law JBHajos Cat anecdotes 53 July 20th 04 08:13 PM