Newest Vino update

Old July 9th 06, 01:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
badwilson

Default Newest Vino update

Today, Dennis went to the vet and visited with Vino again while I was at
work. He stayed with him for 2 hours again. Unfortunately, Vino's IV
had come out of the vein at some point during the night (nobody is there
24 hours, they have someone coming in every 4 hours at night) and so all
the fluids had gone into his tissues. This made one side of his body
look like a stuffed sausage.
They assured Dennis that he would be alright and did some massaging to
get rid of the fluid build up. But Vino is still throwing up some and
not eating much. He is getting anti-nausea medication and they got him
to lick a bit of food off their finger.
I don't have to work tomorrow, so we are both going in first thing in
the morning and then again in the afternoon. However, it's probably
unlikely that he will be able to go home tomorrow, probably Tuesday at
the earliest :-(
We miss our little buddy sooooo much and I am getting quite depressed
about the whole thing and have been having some pretty dark thoughts
about the possiblilty of him dying.
Please, please, please can I have everyone's strongest purrs for our
precious little boy?
--
Britta
Purring is an automatic safety valve device for dealing with happiness

Old July 9th 06, 02:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kilikini

"badwilson" wrote in message

We miss our little buddy sooooo much and I am getting quite depressed
about the whole thing and have been having some pretty dark thoughts
about the possiblilty of him dying.
Please, please, please can I have everyone's strongest purrs for our
precious little boy?
--

You've got major purrs from me coming your way!

kili

Old July 9th 06, 02:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine K.

badwilson wrote:
snip
We miss our little buddy sooooo much and I am getting quite depressed
about the whole thing and have been having some pretty dark thoughts
about the possiblilty of him dying.
Please, please, please can I have everyone's strongest purrs for our
precious little boy?

I'm sure he'll be OK.
Purrs from our two lazy fuzzbutts.

--
Christine in Vantaa, Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com
Old July 9th 06, 02:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Helen Miles

"badwilson" wrote in message

Please, please, please can I have everyone's strongest purrs for our
precious little boy?

Just got home to read the Vino saga. (

Many, many purrs and prayers that the little guy is OK.

Helen M

Old July 9th 06, 02:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

badwilson wrote:
Please, please, please can I have everyone's strongest purrs for our
precious little boy?

We have 7 purr motors going at full speed and we're also sending lots of
positive energy towards Vino and his family.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old July 9th 06, 02:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Enfilade

Victor Martinez wrote:
badwilson wrote:
Please, please, please can I have everyone's strongest purrs for our
precious little boy?

We have 7 purr motors going at full speed and we're also sending lots of
positive energy towards Vino and his family.

Many purrs and bright blessings for Vino.

--Fil

Old July 9th 06, 02:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Helen Wheels

badwilson wrote:

[...]

Of course. Poor little Vino. I'll rev them all up tonight for him.
Old July 9th 06, 03:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

badwilson wrote:
[...]

I am telling Rusty to keep purring hard for Vino. You have to think
positive. Vino can and
will come out of this. He has been in good health till now. Rusty is
never in robust health, and he recovered from blockages more than once.
Vino probably pulled out
the IV himself, just like Rusty pulled out his catheter.

Winnie

Old July 9th 06, 03:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

"badwilson" wrote in message
Today, Dennis went to the vet and visited with Vino again while I was at
work. He stayed with him for 2 hours again. Unfortunately, Vino's IV had
come out of the vein at some point during the night (nobody is there 24
hours, they have someone coming in every 4 hours at night) and so all the
fluids had gone into his tissues. This made one side of his body look
like a stuffed sausage.
They assured Dennis that he would be alright and did some massaging to get
rid of the fluid build up. But Vino is still throwing up some and not
eating much. He is getting anti-nausea medication and they got him to
lick a bit of food off their finger.
I don't have to work tomorrow, so we are both going in first thing in the
morning and then again in the afternoon. However, it's probably unlikely
that he will be able to go home tomorrow, probably Tuesday at the earliest
:-(
We miss our little buddy sooooo much and I am getting quite depressed
about the whole thing and have been having some pretty dark thoughts about
the possiblilty of him dying.
Please, please, please can I have everyone's strongest purrs for our
precious little boy?

We haven't stopped the purrs. Each morning I log on hoping to hear that
Vino is feeling better. Never even seen the cat and I wake up worried about
him. That is how sweet he is.

Jo

Old July 9th 06, 03:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

badwilson wrote:
[...]

Strongest purrs from Persia for your sweet little orange boy!

Jill

Vino update badwilson Cat anecdotes 9 July 9th 06 05:29 PM
Britta and Vino update Helen Wheels Cat anecdotes 7 April 21st 06 10:32 PM
Vino is getting more and more daring badwilson Cat anecdotes 12 December 4th 03 09:39 AM
Vino barks up the wrong tree badwilson Cat anecdotes 7 October 17th 03 01:36 AM
Update on my newest cat and our relationship PattyC Cat health & behaviour 10 July 19th 03 03:29 AM