I must look malnourished

Old September 1st 09, 06:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default I must look malnourished

Boyfriend stopped hunting completely in April when KFC went to the bridge.

Last week he brought me a vole and placed it very carefully on the kitchen
carpet where I would tread on it when I put the kettle on in the morning.
Three days ago I went to sit in my armchair in the evening to watch the
telly. My armchair has a throw on in with a fringe at the bottom. I sat
down and my foot settled on the fringe which felt sort of round and soft,
yep he'd secreted a young rattie under there, presumably in case I felt a
bit peckish whilst watching TV.
Last night he rushed in at 9 pm with a mousie which he spit out in front of
me. "here you are, meowmie.."
It's not that I want him to bring them to me, I don't particularly, but he
completely lost heart for hunting when KFC was gone so I hope this means
he's cheering up.
He isn't a cat that likes to hunt himself for rodents to eat, he likes them
to be a gift ;-)

Tweed

Old September 1st 09, 06:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
LadyJane

On Sep 1, 1:24*pm, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
[...]

Oh how adorable! Now that his main woman is gone, he's hunting for
the other woman in his life.

Jane
- owned and operated by the Princess Rita
Old September 1st 09, 07:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

Christina Websell wrote:
[...]

Well, you said you had lost wight. Perhaps he noticed and decided you need to gain some back. Best wishes. MLB

Old September 1st 09, 07:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_2_]

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
[...]

He is such a dear little boy, I hope so much that he is cheering up, too.

--
Theresa and Dante

Stinky Forever: http://pets.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

Old September 1st 09, 08:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Christina Websell wrote:

[...]

You are accepting his gifts in the right spirit. That is rare in a
human!

Joyce

--
JANUARY 1, 1000: This was the historic day that humanity celebrated
the dawn of our current millennium. The occasion was marked by

Old September 1st 09, 08:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Kreisleriana" drtmuirATearthlink.net wrote in message
m...

[...]

He used to love hunting for KFC but when she went to RB..he just stopped
completely until now. I know he misses her but now he is hunting for me and
it's cheered him up.
I have to be discreet about putting his prey in the bin. I wait until he's
out.

Tweed

Old September 1st 09, 08:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

I will get another one, but it has to arrive here itself. One will come,
like my two did.
I'm not going looking in the shelters.

Old September 1st 09, 09:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Christina Websell wrote:

He used to love hunting for KFC but when she went to RB..he just stopped
completely until now. I know he misses her but now he is hunting for me and
it's cheered him up.
I have to be discreet about putting his prey in the bin. I wait until he's
out.

I'm so glad to hear that he's perking up again. He's such a chivalrous
gentleman, he needs someone to bring his offerings to.

I never realized that a cat really notices when you respond to their
gifts of dead prey. Smudge used to show up at my front door, giving her
special and unmistakable "I've caught a mouse" meow. I'd open the main
door but not the screen door, and look through. Sure enough, she'd be
sitting there with a dead mouse at her feet. Early on, I would say
loudly, "Don't even THINK you're coming in here with that!" She would
sit there meowing at me. But one day it occurred to me that maybe she
wanted praise, so instead, I said, "Good girl! Good Smudgie!" She
immediately picked up the mouse in her mouth and threw it in the air
a couple of times. Then she bent down and heartily began to eat it. So
I always praised her after that.

Jeez, I never thought I'd miss her showing up with dead mice!

--
I'm in favor of animal liberation. Why? Because I'm an animal.
-- Edward Abbey
Old September 2nd 09, 01:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

maybe the wanting extra food and not hunting were part of his mourning
process, and now he sees you aren't going anywhere or sending him anywhere
he is settling down and getting back to normal, Lee