Boyfie got some nip

Old September 15th 09, 08:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default Boyfie got some nip

Christina Websell wrote:

hopitus wrote:

I never cared for the Beatles, they were *too*
cute and their music too "high-school" for me.

No, I wasn't a Beatle-worshipping type, I wasn't quite old enough to be into
screaming about boy pop stars then

Well, apparently hopitus was too old for the Beatles, and Christina was
too young, but I was "juuuuuuuuuuuuuuust right" - 9 years old when they
landed on US soil (1964). Yep, I went ape-sh*t over them.

They sound incredibly dated to me now, but I still hear their influence
in current pop music.

Joyce

--
A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going
somewhere. -- Groucho Marx
Old September 15th 09, 08:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Christina Websell wrote:

You misunderstand. I gave him the nip *because* he wouldn't be quiet in the
hope that'd he get stoned and shut up!
No such luck. 15 minutes or so of rolling on and chewing the nip sock
quietly and he was back to "asking" Except I don't know what he's asking
for. It's not food, he has both dry and wet that he's left. It's not to go
out, as the door is open 24/7
It's not for petting, he gets petted and can sleep on my knee for a while
every night.
I wish he could tell me what it is he wants so badly that he won't shut up
about it. It's obviously very important but I have no clue what it is.
It's very frustrating for us both.

He wants KFC!

Joyce

Old September 15th 09, 11:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Sep 15, 2:19*pm, wrote:
Christina Websell wrote:
* hopitus wrote:

* I never cared for the Beatles, they were *too*
* cute and their music too "high-school" for me.

* No, I wasn't a Beatle-worshipping type, I wasn't quite old enough to be into
* screaming about boy pop stars then

Well, apparently hopitus was too old for the Beatles, and Christina was
too young, but I was "juuuuuuuuuuuuuuust right" - 9 years old when they
landed on US soil (1964). Yep, I went ape-sh*t over them.

They sound incredibly dated to me now, but I still hear their influence
in current pop music.

Joyce

--
A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going
somewhere. * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * -- Groucho Marx

I don't really think it sounds dated. Probably *because* of the
influence
in current pop; I love the Plain White T's mostly because some of
their
work is so Beatle-esque.
Due to the release of the remastered set on 9/09/09, I even had to buy
the White Album.
Again.

Sherry
Old September 16th 09, 12:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Sherry wrote:

They sound incredibly dated to me now, but I still hear their influence
in current pop music.

I don't really think it sounds dated. Probably *because* of the
influence
in current pop; I love the Plain White T's mostly because some of
their work is so Beatle-esque.

I'm not familiar with them at all. I'll have to check it out.

Have you heard of a singer named Sam Philips? She used to go by Leslie
Philips. (Might be Phillips, can't remember.) Some of her songs are
so clearly influenced by the Beatles that I think she even used guitar
riffs that came right from some of their songs. It didn't bother me
that much, though, because it sounded good.

Joyce

--
Excuse for Not Doing One's Homework:
My pit bull, here, ate it. -- J.D. Berry, Springfield
Old September 16th 09, 02:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mischief[_2_]

On Sep 14, 11:19*am, "Kreisleriana" drtmuirATearthlink.net wrote:
"Mischief" wrote in message

On Sep 13, 4:39 am, "jmcquown" wrote:

"Mischief" wrote in message

On Sep 12, 6:44 pm, "Jofirey" wrote:

"BfloPolska" wrote in message

On Sep 12, 6:38 pm, "Christina Websell"

wrote:
Once again he's been driving me mad with his meowing. I thought it
was
about food but now I'm not sure it is. I don't know what he's
moaning about
but I had to retire back to bed this morning to get away from it.
I gave him some nip in a sock and it kept him amused for 15
minutes.

He never used to say a word and now he won't shut up. What to do?

You sit back and enjoy the performance. To you Boyfie is a cat
yowling
on a nip-fit. What he actually is, is Jerry Garcia crossing the veil
between the beings of flesh and of spirit, to take a good healthy
hit
of herb and sing out loud, in the tradition of crooners throughout
history. Or Dean Martin come back for a martini and Amore.
*************
Its sad, but I don't think either of my daughters have a clue who
Dean Martin was, and I'm quite sure the grandkids only associate
Jerry Garcia with an ice cream flavor, it that.

Jo

uh...yeah...got the Dean martin reference, but Jerry Garcia I have no
clue.

Or you could just put on some Pink floyd and let him enjoy the carpet
ride.

Kristi

Youngster! LOL Jerry Garcia was (allegedly) the most visible member of The
Grateful Dead.

Jill

ahhhhhhh.........i know the grateful dead.

I know of the band and bands like them, but have no knowledge of the
members.

Lizard King??????? *(cocks head to the side)

AKA Jim Morrison of the Doors, who liked to drink heavily, consume all
manner of hallucinogens and wear snakeskin-pattern pants.

--
Theresa and Dante

Stinky Forever:http://pets.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

Ahhhhhh, Jim Morrison....Val Kilmer movie. right..... :P

kristi
Old September 16th 09, 03:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mischief[_2_]

wrote:
[...]

Tweed

When Mayhem starts talking and wont shut up it usually means he food
dish needs to be filled, or her royal fluffiness need to be petted.

Kristi
Old September 16th 09, 06:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Mischief wrote:

Ahhhhhh, Jim Morrison....Val Kilmer movie. right..... :P

Stop making me feel old, dammit!

Joyce

--
A clean house is a sign of a broken computer.
Old September 16th 09, 07:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mischief[_2_]

On Sep 15, 10:49*pm, wrote:
Mischief wrote:

* Ahhhhhh, Jim Morrison....Val Kilmer movie. right..... :P

Stop making me feel old, dammit!

Joyce

--
A clean house is a sign of a broken computer.

ah c'mon if i wanted to make ya feel old I'd ask you something
like.....

Why is there a festival named after Snoopy's little bird friend?

That one had my mother shaking her head when I asked her that in
elementary school.

kristi