Messy eaters?

Old September 30th 08, 05:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Dan M

Default Messy eaters?

How many of you have masters who are messy eaters?

Samuel is a very graceful, well coordinated, trim boycat and when he
jumps up on the bed you'd swear he didn't weigh more than a feather. But
when it's breakfast time that gracefulness and coordination goes out the
window.

From the amount of soft food I find outside the bowl after he's through
eating I assume that he is using his nose as a shovel to push the food
out of the dish. I haven't been watching him as he eats, but I think it's
time to do so. Sam's dish always ends up with at least 20% of what I put
in the dish pushed over the edge of the dish on the side away from where
he stands.

At least the food he shoves out doesn't get wasted. Amelia eventually
comes along and hoovers up the stuff he's pushed out.

How many of you have masters who make a mess when they eat?
Old September 30th 08, 09:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Dan M wrote:
How many of you have masters who are messy eaters?

Samuel is a very graceful, well coordinated, trim boycat and when he
jumps up on the bed you'd swear he didn't weigh more than a feather.
But when it's breakfast time that gracefulness and coordination goes
out the window.

From the amount of soft food I find outside the bowl after he's
through eating I assume that he is using his nose as a shovel to push
the food out of the dish. I haven't been watching him as he eats, but
I think it's time to do so. Sam's dish always ends up with at least
20% of what I put in the dish pushed over the edge of the dish on the
side away from where he stands.

At least the food he shoves out doesn't get wasted. Amelia eventually
comes along and hoovers up the stuff he's pushed out.

How many of you have masters who make a mess when they eat?

Persia, although heavy, is a very graceful, fairly dainty ladycat. Except
when she eats Makes me glad I have her bowls sitting on a plastic
placemat, especially when she gets canned food.

Jill

Old October 1st 08, 12:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MatSav

"Dan M" wrote in message
Samuel is a very graceful, well coordinated, trim boycat and
when he
jumps up on the bed you'd swear he didn't weigh more than a
feather. But
when it's breakfast time that gracefulness and coordination
goes out the
window.

From the amount of soft food I find outside the bowl after he's
through
eating I assume that he is using his nose as a shovel to push
the food
out of the dish. I haven't been watching him as he eats, but I
think it's
time to do so. Sam's dish always ends up with at least 20% of
what I put
in the dish pushed over the edge of the dish on the side away
from where
he stands.

Mrs Cat (RB) was a dainty eater, until she got dental problems
(cancer of the lower jaw). I guess it used to be painful for her
to eat from a bowl, so she'd push food out to make it less
painful for her. If this is a relatively new habit, get Sam's
teeth checked by a vet.

--
MatSav

Old October 1st 08, 12:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"Dan M" wrote in message
How many of you have masters who are messy eaters?

Samuel is a very graceful, well coordinated, trim boycat and when he
jumps up on the bed you'd swear he didn't weigh more than a feather.
But
when it's breakfast time that gracefulness and coordination goes out
the
window.

From the amount of soft food I find outside the bowl after he's
through
eating I assume that he is using his nose as a shovel to push the
food
out of the dish. I haven't been watching him as he eats, but I think
it's
time to do so. Sam's dish always ends up with at least 20% of what I
put
in the dish pushed over the edge of the dish on the side away from
where
he stands.

At least the food he shoves out doesn't get wasted. Amelia
eventually
comes along and hoovers up the stuff he's pushed out.

How many of you have masters who make a mess when they eat?

Oh yes. We have had several who cannot be fed gooshy food in a bowl.
It had to be on a saucer. That helped, but not a lot.

Some cats do not do well with the sides of bowls.

Jo

Old October 1st 08, 12:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat[_2_]

"Dan M" wrote

| How many of you have masters who make a mess when they eat?

Just Abelard. He won't pick up food from the bowl and swallow it, he has to
take it to a spot on the floor first. And he leaves some of it on the floor.

Old October 1st 08, 12:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Flippy[_4_]

"Dan M" wrote ...
How many of you have masters who are messy eaters?

Samuel is a very graceful, well coordinated, trim boycat and when he
jumps up on the bed you'd swear he didn't weigh more than a feather. But
when it's breakfast time that gracefulness and coordination goes out the
window.

From the amount of soft food I find outside the bowl after he's through
eating I assume that he is using his nose as a shovel to push the food
out of the dish. I haven't been watching him as he eats, but I think it's
time to do so. Sam's dish always ends up with at least 20% of what I put
in the dish pushed over the edge of the dish on the side away from where
he stands.

At least the food he shoves out doesn't get wasted. Amelia eventually
comes along and hoovers up the stuff he's pushed out.

How many of you have masters who make a mess when they eat?

My Gin Gin is a messy eater. She is small (4kg) and petite, but when she
eats she leaves a MESS everywhere! I feed her and Cricket on the kitchen
counter (I know, NOT good). Gin Gin picks up each dry cat food piece
individually and moves to the counter top. Chew, chew chew, drop crumbs
everywhere. I always know when Gin Gin has been eating. :-)

Flippy.

Old October 1st 08, 12:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Daniel Mahoney

Mrs Cat (RB) was a dainty eater, until she got dental problems
(cancer of the lower jaw). I guess it used to be painful for her
to eat from a bowl, so she'd push food out to make it less
painful for her. If this is a relatively new habit, get Sam's
teeth checked by a vet.

--
MatSav

No, he's always eaten like this, even as a kitten.
Old October 1st 08, 01:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl

"Dan M" wrote in message
How many of you have masters who are messy eaters?

Samuel is a very graceful, well coordinated, trim boycat and when he
jumps up on the bed you'd swear he didn't weigh more than a feather. But
when it's breakfast time that gracefulness and coordination goes out the
window.

From the amount of soft food I find outside the bowl after he's through
eating I assume that he is using his nose as a shovel to push the food
out of the dish. I haven't been watching him as he eats, but I think it's
time to do so. Sam's dish always ends up with at least 20% of what I put
in the dish pushed over the edge of the dish on the side away from where
he stands.

At least the food he shoves out doesn't get wasted. Amelia eventually
comes along and hoovers up the stuff he's pushed out.

How many of you have masters who make a mess when they eat?

Raises hand! Scarlett picks wet food pieces out of her bowl and eats them
off of the floor mat in the kitchen or the carpet outside of the kitchen.
If the chunk she dragged out doesn't measure up to her high standards, she
leaves it there and gets another chunk. I constantly step on wet food.

Old October 1st 08, 01:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl

"Flippy" wrote in message
. au...

My Gin Gin is a messy eater. She is small (4kg) and petite, but when she
eats she leaves a MESS everywhere! I feed her and Cricket on the kitchen
counter (I know, NOT good). Gin Gin picks up each dry cat food piece
individually and moves to the counter top. Chew, chew chew, drop crumbs
everywhere. I always know when Gin Gin has been eating. :-)

Scarlett also does this! Rhett used to play with dry food fed on the
counter (to keep Bonnie out of it) by picking out a piece and batting it to
the floor then batting it around the floor. I had to stop feeding them up
high for a while because I think he really was just trying to help feed
Bonnie because she would eat what he finished playing with. Luckily he
outgrew it. But Scarlett still picks out pieces to eat. Reading this
thread I'm thinking she doesn't like bowls and I should start putting her
food on a plate.

Old October 1st 08, 02:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"Cheryl" wrote in message
"Dan M" wrote in message
How many of you have masters who are messy eaters?

Samuel is a very graceful, well coordinated, trim boycat and when
he
jumps up on the bed you'd swear he didn't weigh more than a
feather. But
when it's breakfast time that gracefulness and coordination goes
out the
window.

From the amount of soft food I find outside the bowl after he's
through
[...]

And suddenly feeding the cats on the kitchen counter doesn't seem all
that gross after all. LOL

Jo

Messy Butt J King Cat health & behaviour 10 February 28th 06 04:41 PM
messy eaters yepp Cat anecdotes 28 December 22nd 04 07:57 PM
All picky eaters Cathy Friedmann Cat health & behaviour 0 November 21st 04 04:13 PM
Picky Eaters .oO rach Oo. Cat health & behaviour 74 June 29th 04 02:22 AM
messy kitty Luvskats00 Cat health & behaviour 2 June 21st 04 04:33 AM