OT - Food You Can't Resist

Old September 1st 11, 05:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley[_4_]

Default OT - Food You Can't Resist

On Aug 31, 3:10*am, BfloPolska wrote:
canned Heinz spaghetti on buttered
toast.

I have a stinking cold/mild flu so I am about to indulge in one of my
favourite comfort foods for when I have a sore throat

Canned Heinz macaroni cheese on thick generously buttered toast with a
splash of Worcester sauce! Almost worth having a cold for!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old September 1st 11, 05:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
BfloPolska

On Sep 1, 12:04*pm, Lesley wrote:
On Aug 31, 3:10*am, BfloPolska wrote:
*canned Heinz spaghetti on buttered

toast.

I have a stinking cold/mild flu so I am about to indulge in one of my
favourite comfort foods for when I have a sore throat

Canned Heinz macaroni cheese on thick generously buttered toast with a
splash of Worcester sauce! *Almost worth having a cold for!

Yum! I could eat that without a cold, if we could get Heinz mac-n-
cheese here. I could eat macaroni and cheese by the vat, and have to
exert some severre willpower. We have one store in all Buffalo that
carries Heinz spaghetti, for which I get the occasional craving. I buy
it on the sly because the thought of canned pasta grosses Louie out no
end. It's hard to explain to him that it's just this particular one,
the Heinz from the UK. Somehow it's lower in calories than its
American counterparts, unless there's such a thing as metric-system
calories in which case I'm in big trouble. But never mind that, the
quality and flavor are superior the Chef Boyardee. (He was a real
person, and must be spinning in his grave over what has been done to
his recipes.)

Blessed be,
Baha
Old September 1st 11, 06:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley[_4_]

On Sep 1, 9:44*am, BfloPolska wrote:
.. But never mind that, the
quality and flavor are superior the Chef Boyardee. (He was a real
person, and must be spinning in his grave over what has been done to
his recipes.)

Given what I think of Heinz spaghetti he must be spinning in his grave
so much the World's axis is tilting! Far too sweet for me but their
beans/macaroni cheese on toast are quick comfort foods for me or if
we're both well hungry I'll do egg, bacon, sausage and beans on toast
or some combination of that possibly with mushrooms- that's our ideal
Sunday morning breakfast!

Old September 1st 11, 11:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Outsider

"Joy" wrote in
:

"outsider" wrote in message
"jmcquown" wrote in
:

"CatNipped" wrote in message

I did run into a sweet I found irresistible recently. It comes from
Trader Joe's. I forget the exact name, but it's caramel popcorn that
has been dipped in chocolate.

Joy

My brother visits Trader Joe's often but that store would be the kiss of
death for me if I visited on a regular basis!

Old September 1st 11, 11:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Outsider

CatNipped wrote in news:9bteblFlggU1
@mid.individual.net:

ing on junk food all the time isn't good for you.

Jill

Me too. As "Outsider" mentioned, I can't stop eating chips until the
bag is empty.

Way back when they had the cant eat just one comercial I was like "Yeah
DUH!"

Old September 1st 11, 11:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Outsider

"Joy" wrote in
:

"CatNipped" wrote in message
On 8/27/2011 7:53 PM, Yowie wrote:
On 28/08/2011 9:07 AM, Joy wrote:
wrote in message
wrote in
:

wrote in message
OK, you're desperately trying to lose weight for a big event,
maybe a sister's wedding, and event you really, really want to
look good for.

Taking chocolate off the table for the ladies...

LOL! I haven't been a chocoholic since around 1974. Seriously,
chocolate doesn't interest me anymore. There's a store on the
mainland called "The Chocolate Tree" where they literally make
chocolate, chocolate covered brittles& caramels. And jelly beans!
I've seen it many times but I've never been in there. Sweets
aren't my thing.

what's the one food item that, no matter what, no matter how
restrictive your diet it, even when you're not particularly
hungry, when presented in front of you out of the blue, you
can't resist and gobble down?

Crispy potato chips I try to avoid buying them because if I
have them in the house I *will* eat them. When I grill hamburgers
I even put potato chips on them! I'm not worried about my weight.
I just know snacking on junk food all the time isn't good for
you.

Jill

Chips for me, also. For me the size of the bag is the serving
size.

I prefer my chips barbecue flavored. That used to be the case for
me, but
I've managed, over time and with great struggle, to train myself to
put some
in a small container and eat only that amount, once a day. I still
don't buy them very often.

I did run into a sweet I found irresistible recently. It comes from
Trader
Joe's. I forget the exact name, but it's caramel popcorn that has
been dipped in chocolate.

Never mind the chocolate, I will happily eat a whole packet of
LollyGobbleBlissBombs all by myself.

And then there's the timtam, but we aren't supposed to be talking
about chocolate :-)

Yowie

I have *no* idea what you're talking about, but it sounds delicious.

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

TimTams are *wonderful* chocolate covered cookies! AFAIK, they are
sold only in Australia, except that there is a place somewhere in the
US that has Aussie products you can order on line.

Joy

This is a totally evil thread!
Old September 1st 11, 11:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

On 9/1/2011 5:25 PM, outsider wrote:
wrote in
:

wrote in message
wrote in
:

wrote in message

I did run into a sweet I found irresistible recently. It comes from
Trader Joe's. I forget the exact name, but it's caramel popcorn that
has been dipped in chocolate.

Joy

My brother visits Trader Joe's often but that store would be the kiss of
death for me if I visited on a regular basis!

I've never been to a "Trader Joe's". Is it similar to "Cracker Barrel"?
They have a little odds and ends store outside and a restaurant on the
inside (gives you way too much to do for your own good while you await
your table).

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, created by "Yowie", maintained by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.net/rpcablog/

Old September 1st 11, 11:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"outsider" wrote in message
"Joy" wrote in
:

"outsider" wrote in message
"jmcquown" wrote in
:

"CatNipped" wrote in message

I did run into a sweet I found irresistible recently. It comes from
Trader Joe's. I forget the exact name, but it's caramel popcorn that
has been dipped in chocolate.

Joy

My brother visits Trader Joe's often but that store would be the kiss of
death for me if I visited on a regular basis!

Yes, it's the same here. Once in a great while I'll go there if there's
something I need that only they carry, but otherwise I stay away, except at
Christmas. I always give my son-in-law an assortment of cheeses for
Christmas, and TJ's is a good place to get them.

Usually when I go there, I'm lucky if I give into temptation only once on a
trip. The last time I managed that. Not on that, the item I bought was a
bag of Vidalia onions. I was very proud of myself. ;-)

Joy

Old September 2nd 11, 12:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sophia[_3_]

On Thu, 01 Sep 2011 17:41:24 -0500, CatNipped
wrote:

On 9/1/2011 5:25 PM, outsider wrote:
wrote in
:

wrote in message
wrote in
:

wrote in message

I did run into a sweet I found irresistible recently. It comes from
Trader Joe's. I forget the exact name, but it's caramel popcorn that
has been dipped in chocolate.

Joy

My brother visits Trader Joe's often but that store would be the kiss of
death for me if I visited on a regular basis!

I've never been to a "Trader Joe's". Is it similar to "Cracker Barrel"?
They have a little odds and ends store outside and a restaurant on the
inside (gives you way too much to do for your own good while you await
your table).

It's a grocery store - but of a different sort. Wonderful speciality
items, lots of stuff under the "Trader Joe's" label, Vegan,
Vegatarian, Gluten-free, fresh produce, fresh/frozen seafood. If you
have special dietary needs chances are one can find it at Trader's
Joe's. Then the special treats. I salivate when the catalog arrives.
Our local Trader Joe's is across the street from Whole Foods (which we
still agree with the joke Whole "paycheck). Still - when both Trader
Joe's and Whole Foods are cooking samples, or, in Whole Foods case,
having an "event', stopping by can mean we don't have to eat for a
week! Plus we've eaten healthy to boot!

CN - Google Trader Joe's for a better description of the experience

Sophia