Cat not drinking water

Old April 15th 08, 01:55 AM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Upscale

Default Cat not drinking water

"William Graham" wrote in message
When they usher you into your own private padded cell, designed so you

can't
hurt yourself by making any stupid decisions, then we will see whether or
not you can recognize the value of the thing called, "freedom", for either
cats or human beings.......

That philosophy is perfectly fine when your decisions affect you only, but
the fact is that almost always, whatever you do has ramifications on other
people or on society. You might rail against some law like having to use a
seatbelt when you're driving, but when you get into an accident and suffer a
serious brain injury, the money and effort put in by other people has to
take care of you for the rest of your life. As always Graham, what you view
as "freedom" by many standards is essentially selfishness.

Old April 15th 08, 01:59 AM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Ivor Jones[_2_]

In om,
cybercat typed, for some strange, unexplained
reason:
: "Ivor Jones" wrote in message
: ...

[snip]

: FWIW I never once said indoor only cats are miserable. I merely
: said I believe they would be *happier* if allowed out.
:
: And you still don't know me or any of my cats.
:
:
: I know that you are willing to endanger the animals who trust you to
: protect them because you're too lazy to clean a litter box. Couch it
: in all the noble "be fwee wild thing" philosophy you want, and there
: it still is.

Eh..? Where did I mention litter boxes..?

FWIW I spend most weekends at a rescue shelter doing exactly that.

Now come up with a rational explanation as to why I should keep cats that
you know nothing about inside when I live in an environment that you know
equally nothing about.

Ivor

Old April 15th 08, 02:03 AM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Ivor Jones[_2_]

In om,
cybercat typed, for some strange, unexplained
reason:

[snip]

: It only takes one car, asshole. One sadistic kid. One dog that's
: faster than your cat.

What has a hole in a donkey got to do with it..?

I don't know where you live, but we don't have that sort of thing round
here.

Ivor

Old April 15th 08, 06:27 AM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Professor[_2_]

"cybercat" wrote in message
om...

"William Graham" wrote:

I know mine wouldn't be happier inside, because I am too lazy to cater to
them they way I would have to were they inside cats.....

Therein lies the truth. Take your cats to a shelter where they might find
a home with someone who can be bothered to take care of them.

William and Ivor are two ignorant peas in a very dysfunctional pod.
Cats are good judges of character, these two don't make the cut.

Old April 15th 08, 10:28 AM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Ivor Jones[_2_]

In news:u1XMj.13829$DD2.7625@trndny04,
Professor typed, for some strange, unexplained
reason:
: "cybercat" wrote in message
: om...
:
: "William Graham" wrote:
:
: I know mine wouldn't be happier inside, because I am too lazy to
: cater to them they way I would have to were they inside cats.....
:
: Therein lies the truth. Take your cats to a shelter where they
: might find a home with someone who can be bothered to take care of
: them.
:
: William and Ivor are two ignorant peas in a very dysfunctional pod.
: Cats are good judges of character, these two don't make the cut.

That just goes to show that you really don't know me, the area I live in,
or any of the inside/outside cats I've had for the last 30 years.

Ivor

Old April 15th 08, 07:18 PM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

On Apr 15, 5:28 am, "Ivor Jones" wrote:
Innews:u1XMj.13829$DD2.7625@trndny04,
Professor typed, for some strange, unexplained
reason:: "cybercat" wrote in message

. com...
:
: "William Graham" wrote:
:
: I know mine wouldn't be happier inside, because I am too lazy to
: cater to them they way I would have to were they inside cats.....
:
: Therein lies the truth. Take your cats to a shelter where they
: might find a home with someone who can be bothered to take care of
: them.
:
: William and Ivor are two ignorant peas in a very dysfunctional pod.
: Cats are good judges of character, these two don't make the cut.

That just goes to show that you really don't know me, the area I live in,
or any of the inside/outside cats I've had for the last 30 years.

Ivor

Look at Professor's history of posting....he's usually looking to
antagonize someone.......just my opinion though...but now he'll be mad
at me for telling it like it is...he'll follow me around again begging
me to stop STALKING him.....Let your cats out, I always have and they
are happy and have lived for many years....my wife's best friend is a
vet and all her cats go outside.......if I were Professor's cats I'd
probably rip his eyes out while he's sleeping... Peace Ivor
Old April 15th 08, 09:50 PM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
William Graham

"Professor" wrote in message
> [...]
"cybercat" wrote in message
om...

"William Graham" wrote:

I know mine wouldn't be happier inside, because I am too lazy to cater
to them they way I would have to were they inside cats.....

Therein lies the truth. Take your cats to a shelter where they might find
a home with someone who can be bothered to take care of them.

More likely, they would be put to sleep.....There are far too many cats to
expect them to find a good home when taken to a "shelter". My cats are very
happy, in spite of people like, "professor" who presume to know enough to
tell other people how to live.....God save us from the liberals.....

Old April 15th 08, 09:52 PM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
William Graham

"Ivor Jones" wrote in message
In news:u1XMj.13829$DD2.7625@trndny04,
Professor typed, for some strange, unexplained
reason:
: "cybercat" wrote in message
: om...
:
: "William Graham" wrote:
:
: I know mine wouldn't be happier inside, because I am too lazy to
: cater to them they way I would have to were they inside cats.....
:
: Therein lies the truth. Take your cats to a shelter where they
: might find a home with someone who can be bothered to take care of
: them.
:
: William and Ivor are two ignorant peas in a very dysfunctional pod.
: Cats are good judges of character, these two don't make the cut.

That just goes to show that you really don't know me, the area I live in,
or any of the inside/outside cats I've had for the last 30 years.

Ivor

Professor is one of those liberals who presume to know how everyone should
live.....Exactly the way he lives......And they are quite willing to make
laws that insist on it. After all, the poor riff-raff of the world couldn't
make it on their own....They need the wise liberals to show them the
way........

Old April 15th 08, 09:58 PM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Professor[_2_]

"William Graham" wrote in message
. ..
"Professor" wrote in message
> [...]
"cybercat" wrote in message
om...
"William Graham" wrote:

I know mine wouldn't be happier inside, because I am too lazy to cater
to them they way I would have to were they inside cats.....

Therein lies the truth. Take your cats to a shelter where they might
find
a home with someone who can be bothered to take care of them.

More likely, they would be put to sleep.....There are far too many cats to
expect them to find a good home when taken to a "shelter". My cats are
very happy, in spite of people like, "professor" who presume to know
enough to tell other people how to live.....God save us from the
liberals.....

William Graham addresses the post to me yet none of the text was mine.
He demonstrates that with advanced age, wisdom does not always follow.

Old April 15th 08, 10:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cshenk

"cybercat" wrote

Nonsense. Anyone willing to expose domesticated animals to anything
outside
that happens by is an irresponsible person. Period.

I'm going to go against the grain here and say this isnt strictly true. It
really can be situationally dependant. There's a huge disparity between a
city (house or apartment) dweller and a farm owner with a barn well off the
traveled roads.

A farmer may well be supporting 10 or more cats (hopefully spayed/neutered!)
as mousers and they've been outdoor cats all their lives with a nice comfy
warm barn and house privledges may or may not be part of the picture for all
of them. Turning such a cat into an indoor kitty after it's been able to
run about for the past several years, tends to make for an unhappy cat.

Now the reverse treatment is simply 'nessecary' in a city (the bigger, the
more needed it is). Cats are not unhappy indoors at all, if raised that way
or shifted young enough (not sure of the age here as it depends on the *cat*
more than any real average and even an 8YO barn cat might adapt while a 1YO
barn cat may never adapt).

We dont know the OP's situation. We dont know if the cats wander far (many
do not, especially if they have an older set of cats who taught'em 'going to
far from the barn aint safe').

I've taken in many rescue cats over time. A few were outdoor cats. While I
don't claim to be perfect, I have converted some to indoor cats and 1 I
could tell was uncomfortable inside for more than 2 hours (had been an
outdoor cat all his 11 years when we adopted him) I was never able to
convert. He got run over by a crop duster airplane when he was 19. Sad
grin, he was deaf (white cat, blue eyes etc). Gosh, havent thought of
Chester in years. Sweet fellow but refused to come in at night even if it
was snowing so we had a heated pet house on the porch for him. I imagine to
Chester, this was like a little barn all of his own.

Now, where I am at this time? Indoor cats or let them go to others. Too
many busy streets all around me. I would never responsibly raise a cat
where I live now, to expect outside as a place to be. Screened porch, ok.
More, no.