Cat not drinking water

Old April 16th 08, 04:26 AM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
William Graham

Default Cat not drinking water

wrote in message
On Apr 15, 7:25 pm, "cybercat" wrote:
"cshenk" wrote

Now, where I am at this time? Indoor cats or let them go to others.
Too
many busy streets all around me. I would never responsibly raise a cat
where I live now, to expect outside as a place to be. Screened porch,
ok.
More, no.

I've said all I have to say on the issue for now. Growing up, we lived in
both
urban and rural areas of Maryland. My parents were old school
"indoor/outdoor"
cat people. They were not going to change a cat box. We never had any one
cat for long. If they were not hit by a car they were trapped or
poisoned.

Allowing a cat to roam anywhere at all is irresponsible, period. Ever see
the
film of the cat that was tortured and killed? The guy filmed it just for
jollies.

I don't like people who endanger domesticated animals that trust and love
them. I never will. I'm not going to fight about it, either. I am just
going
to say
that anyone who endangered their animals for any reason is an ASSHOLE.
And until you can control what is out there, you are endangering your
cat.

All of you bitches who allow yours to roam: when they are injured or
killed,
you'll get no sympathy from me, just another big **** YOU.

We're all entitled to our opinion and that's mine.

*bows*

** Posted fromhttp://www.teranews.com**

Well mine are free to wander wherever they please. Between the house
and barn, climbing up in the rafters of the barn or just hanging out
on the porch, they are some happy cats.....and if for some reason a
coyote snags one or an owl.......well, that's life. They die with a
smile on their little cat face..LOL!

The one you should hate the most is God, who put many millions of cats and
other cute, furry little animals on this earth to be tortured and starved to
death every Winter. Most of the cats I have acquired during my lifetime just
wandered in to my property, trying to escape from Him, and stumbled, by
sheer chance, on me, who really cares about them.

Old April 17th 08, 04:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Xerces & Mr.Katsky" wrote

With french doors opening onto a screened patio
where real birdies and real squirrels get up close and personal with the
cats and their chattel. A real tree for Xerces in the screened patio, and
real weather, and the smell of fresh mown lawns....

This is ideal, but our cats seem to love sitting in their window seats
even with the windows closed. We open them when weather permits,
and on the first floor there are screen doors they love to look out of.

Lately we have a mocking bird that sings at night and it drives them
both wild, Gracie rushes from window to door to the back of the
couch where the big windor is.

Old April 20th 08, 01:20 AM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
AMUN[_3_]

"Professor" wrote in message
"cybercat" wrote in message
om...

"William Graham" wrote:

I know mine wouldn't be happier inside, because I am too lazy to cater
to them they way I would have to were they inside cats.....

Therein lies the truth. Take your cats to a shelter where they might find
a home with someone who can be bothered to take care of them.

William and Ivor are two ignorant peas in a very dysfunctional pod.
Cats are good judges of character, these two don't make the cut.

Funny thread.

I know several people who "indoor" their cats, and at least one let theirs
out accidentally, and never saw it again.
They swore that same arguments I see here about letting it out once and it
dies.

When the truth probably was that once the cat finally got a chance to get
away, it probably still hasn't stopped running, is now happy, has a family,
and a good job.

Cats free to come and go outdoors , return because they want to.

Cats held captive, will always run when they get a chance.

Old April 20th 08, 08:23 PM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"AMUN" wrote
Cats free to come and go outdoors , return because they want to.

Cats held captive, will always run when they get a chance.

I can tell you are a moron because you use absolutes.

Morons ALWAYS use absolutes.

My Gracie ran out the front door, heard the busy street, ran around
the azaleas and right back in the front door.

I bet you have had a LOT of cats, right?

People like you usually do, because yours don't last too long.

And who cares, you can always get another.

Asshole.

Old April 20th 08, 08:32 PM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Claude V. Lucas

In article ,
Upscale wrote:

"AMUN" wrote in message
Cats free to come and go outdoors , return because they want to.
Cats held captive, will always run when they get a chance.

You're a flaming idiot. Saying that they run is giving them human
attributes. Cats are curious creatures and want to get outside just because
it's some place they've never been and so they go looking around. It's like
any five year old child who chases a butterfly, becomes lost and can't find
its way back. Only difference is that a cat usually has enough natural
instincts to survive away from home. A cat new to the outside can easily got
lost and not be able to find it's way back home. That's not running. It's
called being in a completely unfamiliar environment without any reference
point to get home.

And for a different point of view, Bubba the Maine Coon absolutely
refuses to go outside. I leave the door open, weather permitting,
and he'll occasionally look out for a moment, then turn around and
do something else. On the occasions when I pick him up and carry him
outside he immediately goes into full drama queen mode and acts as
if I'm sticking pins in him or something. He has a special "outdoor"
howl that he uses for these occasions. If I set him down, he sets a
land speed record getting back inside. If the door is closed he sits
and howls at the door until someone opens it and lets him in.

Old April 20th 08, 10:10 PM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Upscale

"Claude V. Lucas" wrote in message

do something else. On the occasions when I pick him up and carry him
outside he immediately goes into full drama queen mode and acts as
if I'm sticking pins in him or something. He has a special "outdoor"
howl that he uses for these occasions.

Har, that's funny. In a reverse role, I'm planning on taking my three year
old Deetoo out for recreation trips this coming summer. Only other times
she's been out is when she's been in her cat carry bag while I roll down the
street to her annual vet examination.

Currently, I've been putting a halter on Deetoo and she wears it around the
apartment for several hours without complaint. Next I'll attach a leash to
the halter and walk her a little bit in the apartment hallways. The final
part will be when I take her over to a friend's house and tie the leash to a
stake in the ground and see how she likes the green grass. If she weathers
that experience without too much complaint, I'll see about expanding outings
for her in the future.

And to the comment a previous poster made, most cat inside/outside comments
are talking in absolutes. I agree with that assessment. If I lived in a
house in some rural area or perhaps a farm, I'd let my cat out. But, not
when I'm living in the middle of a city with 3 zillion cars zipping by and
minimal trees and grass to be found.

Old April 20th 08, 11:44 PM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Claude V. Lucas

In article ,
Upscale wrote:
[...]

I once thought about trying to accomodate Bubba to a harness for outside
walks, but 25Lbs of howling and wiggling panic on a leash doesn't seem
like that good of an idea.

There isn't much car trafic where I live and there is a 15 MPH
speed limit that is observed my most. The worst danger to cats
in my neighborhood is the occasional escaped Jack Russell.

I got Bubba from the pound, and it really seems as if he
has had a bad outdoor experience in the past somewhere.
I've never seen an animal throw such a fit as when I
take him outside. Even when I hold him he goes into
total panic. If he was inclined to scratch or bite
he'd tear me up....
Old April 21st 08, 12:01 AM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Claude V. Lucas" wrote

And for a different point of view, Bubba the Maine Coon absolutely
refuses to go outside.

Haha. Go Bubba! Some cats are smarter than others.

One day about a month after Gracie ran out the front door and
back in, I made the mistake of carrying her to the door to see
my neighbor. In a new knit pullover, no less. My scars have
disappeared, but the shirt will never be the same. I couldn't
hold her. She was 7.5 pounds of pure terror. All my neighbor
saw was a grey blur.

Old April 21st 08, 12:03 AM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
William Graham

"AMUN" wrote in message

"Professor" wrote in message
> [...]
"cybercat" wrote in message
om...

"William Graham" wrote:

[...]

I think that if you get a cat from kittenhood, and keep it well indoors, it
can lead a very happy life. but if you get cats the way I do, ones that just
wandered in that someone else abandoned, who have been living outdoors most
of their lives, then it is very hard to keep them as indoor cats. What's
strange about, "professor" is that he presumes to know all about other
people whom he has never met, and thinks the whole world lives the way he
does, or at least ought to live the way he does. He doesn't have the
imagination to be able to put himself in someone else's shoes or believe
that it might be possible for others (and/or their cats) to keep a different
life style than he does.