Boyfie is cross

Old September 25th 12, 11:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Boyfie is cross

I've left him alone all day, out getting Mr F fixed.
He was fed late and hasn't shut up about it. Even after he had his late
meal at 6 he prefers it at 3.45 - he was annoyed.
He went out, came in and did the zoomies. He insisted I hadn't fed him (not
true) so I told him I had and he didn't believe me.
I told him if you don't stop screeching about not being fed which you have
been, you are outside until bedtime. so I encouraged him to go out and look
at rats.
I don't think he has kitty dementia, so he is no doubt waiting on the
doorstep. I will of course let him in very soon. He's doing The Greedy Boy
thing, like my vets told me about. I spent so much money on blood tests and
stuff to see why he had such a huge appetite, surely something wrong?
Nope. He is perfect in every veterinary way - he just more than loves his
food.
I am glad, because if you have a kitty with kidney issues, you would give
your eye teeth to get them to to eat like that.

Old September 26th 12, 12:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin

I've decided I've spoilt him far too much.
He will now not be allowed to have his own bedroom and sleep on his
duvet all day. He will have be out all the time on rat patrol
until evening when he will be allowed another meal, after that he
can sleep in the conservatory which will be opened at 11 pm.
Until when I get up,and he will have to have earned his breakfast
by catching a few rats. Otherwise he will get none.

Why would you do that? He does not have any way of knowing why you are
"punishing" him. Don't we have our furbabies because we love them? You may
make him so "independent" by forcing him to be out all day on "rat patrol"
that he may look for another home.

Let's hope some neighbour takes him in to a kinder home.

I have a neighbour down the street who treats her cat like that.
Katie is not a young cat but gets dumped outside in all weathers;
I often meet her on my way home after midnight, she always comes
up to me, rubs against me and grumbles a short meow (who wouldn't?).
They don't have a cat flap. If it wasn't so difficult to introduce
a new cat into our household I'd have adopted her years ago.

Old September 26th 12, 01:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

"Jack Campin" wrote in message

[...]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I know Tweed loves Boyfie and has given him special care. I hope this was a
note written in a momentary reaction and not something that she will really
follow through.

MaryL

Old September 26th 12, 01:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Debbie Wilson

Christina Websell wrote:

I've decided I've spoilt him far too much.
He will now not be allowed to have his own bedroom and sleep on his duvet
all day. He will have be out all the time on rat patrol until evening when
he will be allowed another meal, after that he can sleep in the conservatory
which will be opened at 11 pm. Until when I get up,and he will have to have
earned his breakfast by catching a few rats. Otherwise he will get none.

Seriously - don't do this to him. Especially with the harsh weather at
the moment and winter ahead. Let him sleep in comfort and privacy, as he
is used to, and feed him at the usual times. Cats like routine and he
was probably wondering what was happening yesterday when you weren't
there, and asked you about it, at length, later.

Deb.
--
http://www.scientific-art.com

Old September 26th 12, 07:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLBriggs

On Wed, 26 Sep 2012 07:29:39 -0500, MaryL wrote:

[...]

Perhaps they put too much sauce on the plum pudding. MLB

Perhaps
Old September 26th 12, 09:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Debbie Wilson" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

I've decided I've spoilt him far too much.
He will now not be allowed to have his own bedroom and sleep on his duvet
all day. He will have be out all the time on rat patrol until evening
when
he will be allowed another meal, after that he can sleep in the
conservatory
which will be opened at 11 pm. Until when I get up,and he will have to
have
earned his breakfast by catching a few rats. Otherwise he will get none.

Seriously - don't do this to him. Especially with the harsh weather at
the moment and winter ahead. Let him sleep in comfort and privacy, as he
is used to, and feed him at the usual times. Cats like routine and he
was probably wondering what was happening yesterday when you weren't
there, and asked you about it, at length, later.

Deb.

You should all know me better than that. It was a feeble attempt at a joke.

Old September 26th 12, 10:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

Christina Websell wrote:

[...]

~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm glad to hear that. I took it seriously (as did some others), and it
disturbed me. Thanks for clarifying it.

MaryL

Old September 27th 12, 01:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message
"Christina Websell" wrote in message

He's forgotten how lucky he is. I rarely leave him and he moans about
eating at 6 p.m instead of 3.45!
I've decided I've spoilt him far too much.
He will now not be allowed to have his own bedroom and sleep on his duvet
all day. He will have be out all the time on rat patrol until evening
when
he will be allowed another meal, after that he can sleep in the
conservatory
which will be opened at 11 pm. Until when I get up,and he will have to
have
earned his breakfast by catching a few rats. Otherwise he will get none.

******************
That's rather harsh, don't you think? Persia is spoiled (obviously) but I
wouldn't (for example) banish her from my bedroom at night if she cried
for dinner and she didn't get it at (in her kitty mind) the appointed
time. Nor would I shut her out of the guest bedroom, which she thinks of
as "hers".

So Boyfie got a little cross. Now he has to be a successful ratter
otherwise he doesn't get fed? Honestly, words fail me.

Jill

It was a joke, Jill.

Tweed
*****************
Next time try a smiley It didn't come across as a joke.

Jill

Old September 28th 12, 11:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Judith Latham" wrote in message
In article , Christina Websell
wrote:

"Debbie Wilson" wrote in message

You should all know me better than that. It was a feeble attempt at a
joke.

I took it as you meant it. Maybe we have the same sense of humour.

We have. I can't believe that anyone on here where I have been posting for 8
years would believe I would do such a thing to my beloved boy but apparently
they do :-(
Of course he will have his own bedroom and his own chair and not go hunting
unless he wants to. The boy is precious.
He does like a little bit of hunting but it has to be nothing with big
teeth, he likes to get small rats and he's good at mousies.

Old September 29th 12, 12:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

[...]

My post was a joke, Jack. I won't mention how you don't neuter or spay.