Neghbours

Old February 23rd 13, 11:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Default Neghbours

Christina Websell wrote:

Of course her estate agent knew. Bad luck, that boy ;-)
And Jenny knows it too. My trailer will remain and it's too bad that it
would stop anyone buying her house as it didn't stop her, as it was there
then.

I guess I don't understand this situation completely, because it doesn't
make sense to me why she would think nobody would be interested in *her*
house when there's a trailer in front of *your* house? I do remember you
saying the two houses were connected, but potential buyers would still not
be buying your half. Why would a buyer be turned off by something on your
property?

--
Joyce

- Mommy loves you too my sweaty litter baby fire
- Ummm what mom?
- MY SWEET LITTLE BABY GIRL!! sorry honey!
-- damnyouautocorrect.com
Old February 24th 13, 02:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Bastette" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

"The Other Guy" wrote in message
On Fri, 22 Feb 2013 03:12:04 +0000 (UTC), Bastette
wrote:

How come you didn't want the big wood shed?

Probably because it would take up valuable garden space.

No, it's because the council will not allow anything on the front drive
that
cannot be moved e.g. we can have cars, trailers and caravans on there
but
not a shed. That would require planning permission and it would be
refused,
as no structure is allowed to be in front of where your house is,
permanently, if you see what I mean.

Well, given this information, it seems inconsiderate of your neighbor
to insist you take something that would require you to deal with a lot
of bureaucracy before you can use it. Unless she thinks you won't mind
lugging wood from the front to the back!

--
Joyce

She's told. The answer is no. I need my trailer. It's a pity if her
estate agent thinks it spoils her kerb appeal.
She did really push me - she said I must and the estate agent insisted.
I would like him to phone me.

I said there is no *must* I will keep my trailer which I need for my wood
to keep me warm during the winter.

If she wants me to get rid of my trailer just because she wants to sell the
house next door, bad luck she's having.
If she tried to tow it away, I would get the police and tell them she is
stealing it.
Fecking ridiculous
Just accept your relationship is over and leave me out of it.

Tweed

Old February 24th 13, 02:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

Call me old fashioned, but my opinion is that no young child should hear bad
language in the home. Especially not directed to the mother from the
father. As it teaches little boys it is acceptable and little girls that
it's normal.
I'd have had him way away several years ago.

Sometimes I wanted to hit the wall with a stick or go round and say
something, and I wouldn't have let it go on much more. However they have
sorted it out for themselves.
I was within an inch of reporting them to my ex-workplace.
It is a dire thing to get Social Services involved and they don't know how
nearly they came to it.

Even though I am retired I am still alert for suffering children which is
not what I want to do now.

~~~~~~~~~~
I agree. I never heard either of my parents use bad language. Both of them
helped neighborhood children in ways that their own parents did not--they
tutored them when needed, and my parents would drive all of us to events.
One set of neighbors left my friend and I standing outside the high school
because they "forgot" to pick us up. We had to walk downtown in the dark
and find a phone (those were long before the days of cell phones) to call my
parents. After that, my parents would never let me be dependent on hers,
but they always took her with us. Mother said it was not her fault that her
parents were not dependable. When I was young, I just accepted our home as
normal. As I grew older, I realized more and more how fortunate we were to
have such loving parents. They were true role models, as you described.

MaryL

Old February 24th 13, 10:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Debbie Wilson

Christina Websell wrote:

I won't be dragged in to it. Before they disappear they owe me a whole lot
of money because Jenny acted as a conciliator from the other house was being
built when some of my garden was destroyed (and I was about to kill them for
doing it) and they took money from them to replace my plants and her husband
was paid to put it all right. They never did so, they kept the money. (snip)

If she continues to be difficult about your perfectly legit wood trailer
you might mention to her that she is legally obliged to declare any
disputes with her neighbours to a prospective purchaser, and this would
certainly include the fact that she + he were paid to put your garden
right and have not yet done so. Do you have any official paperwork
concerning this, that you could show to the estate agent if necessary?

Deb.
--
http://www.scientific-art.com

Old February 25th 13, 04:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley[_4_]

On Sunday, February 24, 2013 1:14:54 AM UTC, Christina Websell wrote:
He also used the f and c word in front of his children. In my world, parents should be a role model. I can't remember my mother or grandparents swearing. once I said "bloody" which is a mild swear word here, I was around 12 and I got punished, physically for saying that.

When I was about 6 a kid in the school playground told me the rudest word they ever heard was "dogsh*t" so being an idiot child I went home and asked my mum if "dogsh*t really was the rudest word ever"-not only did I get a thorough beating but she went round the other kids house and told their parents and forbade me to ever speak to the other child again when their parents just told the kid off and didn't beat them up. (I was jealous of that!)

My dad only once used the "f" word in my presence and apologised for ages afterwards- I was in my late 20's at the time

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old February 25th 13, 10:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Bastette" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

Of course her estate agent knew. Bad luck, that boy ;-)
And Jenny knows it too. My trailer will remain and it's too bad that it
would stop anyone buying her house as it didn't stop her, as it was
there
then.

I guess I don't understand this situation completely, because it doesn't
make sense to me why she would think nobody would be interested in *her*
house when there's a trailer in front of *your* house? I do remember you
saying the two houses were connected, but potential buyers would still not
be buying your half. Why would a buyer be turned off by something on your
property?

They call it "kerb appeal"

However I want and need to keep it so too bad for her.
Even if she had been a good neighbour I would not have said yes.
I said No, but is just like when I said I will not take my trees down to
suit you and stopped taking her calls on my mobile and landline, so she
banged on my front door and when I got fed up with that, she just ran
around my house hitting my windows, I call that obsessive.

Old February 25th 13, 11:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Judith Latham" wrote in message
In article , Christina Websell
wrote:

"Judith Latham" wrote in message
someone can't just haul off another
person's property simply because they (or their estate agent) don't
like the looks of it.

I do hope this doesn't turn into a contentious situation. So sorry
the neighbors are splitting up but Tweed shouldn't be dragged into
the mess.

Jill

I won't be dragged in to it. Before they disappear they owe me a
whole lot of money because Jenny acted as a conciliator from the
other house was being built when some of my garden was destroyed (and
I was about to kill them for doing it) and they took money from them
to replace my plants and her husband was paid to put it all right.
They never did so, they kept the money. I took down some trees at her
request (didn't want to) so what I would like is to have new
neighbours who take advantage of their 1/4 acre to use it to have a
few chickens and grow a few veggies instead of blasting it all with
weedkiller. Tweed

Purrs that you get good neighbours this time who want the same things
as you do.

when you talk about your lifestyle it always reminds me of Tom and
Barbara Goode in the tv comedy. I don't think you'd like a Margo
Leadbetter next door though. (DH thinks I'm like Barbara and one of my
closest friends thinks I'm like Margo. Why I don't know.)

I suppose I am a bit like Tom & Barbara but remember the lovely
Christmas Margo & Jerry had when their Christmas did not arrive from a
posh shop. You don't need a lot of money, only enough to pay your bills
and have a car if you are too far away to walk for food shopping. Which
I am. I thought I would have to stop giving to Save The Children Fund
when I retired to live on savings, but I have continued to do so and
somehow I have managed. My aunt says that God helped. She has a faith.
I don't. I think I saved.

I loved that Christmas episode and often play it.

Maybe you and your Aunt could compromise. (I know from what you've said
about her views that this is highly unlikely on her part.) Could it be
that God gave you the sense to save so that you could give to Save The
Children? I'm not giving my views here just looking at it a different way.

Judith

Well, they are Mormons, but I got a mail from my cousin to say when they
were in Australia that they had an opportunity to see a Gay Parade and she
said in her mail "Well, of course, we avoided it"
I was shocked.
she is now blocked

Old February 26th 13, 02:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Christina Websell wrote:

"Bastette" wrote in message

I guess I don't understand this situation completely, because it doesn't
make sense to me why she would think nobody would be interested in *her*
house when there's a trailer in front of *your* house? I do remember you
saying the two houses were connected, but potential buyers would still not
be buying your half. Why would a buyer be turned off by something on your
property?

They call it "kerb appeal"

I wonder if that's like what people say here about someone's house or yard
"bringing down the property values" for the whole neighborhood? For example,
if someone has junky cars in their front yard, that makes the neighborhood
appear (to some people) to look lower class. That's because having a lot of
junk in your yard is associated with lower-class people, whether or not it's
actually true. It's also considered an eyesore. I'd have to agree with that
part of it.

Some neighborhood associations can get controlling to the point of fascism
about what is and is not allowed outside people's homes. We have an expert
here about having to put up with that - right, Jill? My sister lives in a
similar neighborhood. The HOA is very picky about house colors. I don't mean
just which colors are allowed, but which colors, in relation to neighboring
houses, are allowed. She had picked a particular color for her house and was
told she couldn't use that color because her next-door neighbor's house was
already that color. That seems a tad extreme to me. But then, I'd probably
be tossed out because I didn't mow the lawn often enough (by which I mean
"never").

You're probably not talking about anything that extreme - it doesn't sound
like that kind of neighborhood to me. But if you're referring to stuff like
property values, then yeah, I know what you mean. I guess when people invest
several hundred thousand dollars into a new home, they tend to get paranoid
about the property values. I'm sure I would, too.

However I want and need to keep it so too bad for her.
Even if she had been a good neighbour I would not have said yes.
I said No, but is just like when I said I will not take my trees down to
suit you and stopped taking her calls on my mobile and landline, so she
banged on my front door and when I got fed up with that, she just ran
around my house hitting my windows, I call that obsessive.

I'd call it crazy! Seriously, that sounds pretty unbalanced.

--
Joyce

There is no alternative to being yourself.
Old February 26th 13, 04:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Bastette" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

"Bastette" wrote in message

[...]

As is her idea of pulling my wood trailer off my property in case it helps
her to sell her house. I need the trailer for my wood to heat my house.
TBH I don't care if my wood store is preventing her from selling her house,
I think it will improve the idea of the sort of people I want as neighbours

eve the idea

There is no alternative to being yourself.

Old February 26th 13, 05:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Debbie Wilson" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

[...]

I will keep my trailer for my wood and it's just too bad that it doesn't
help her sell her house.
When she said her estate agent was adamant, that's what they wanted me to
do. Bad luck they have.