Neghbours

Old February 22nd 13, 12:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Neghbours

No, not the awful ones. Jenny-next -door (whose house is attached to mine)
told me she was splitting up from her partner. I am not surprised as I
could hear lots of effing and blinding through my wall for some time.
What I was not expecting that she would ask me to get rid of my wood trailer
because her estate agent said "it does not have kerb appeal". She offered a
big wood shed thingie instead, and I said no thank you, I'm happy with what
I have. And then she said "well, I might have to tow it away then, if
someone comes to look at my house"
Well, I m rarely dumbstruck, but I was for a few seconds.

I said absolutely not will you tow my trailer away with my wood in in order
to sell your house.
She tried to insist the estate agent thought it was essential.
Bad luck, eh?
Before she disappears she owes me some money, she was paid to replace my
plants and put my garden right and has not done so.

Old February 22nd 13, 03:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Christina Websell wrote:

No, not the awful ones. Jenny-next -door (whose house is attached to mine)
told me she was splitting up from her partner. I am not surprised as I
could hear lots of effing and blinding through my wall for some time.
What I was not expecting that she would ask me to get rid of my wood trailer
because her estate agent said "it does not have kerb appeal". She offered a
big wood shed thingie instead, and I said no thank you, I'm happy with what
I have. And then she said "well, I might have to tow it away then, if
someone comes to look at my house"

How come you didn't want the big wood shed? Sounds like there might be
more room for storing wood (or, if you don't need more wood, then you could
store something else in the extra space). Were you just offended that she
asked you to get rid of something of yours, or is there a reason the shed
wouldn't work?

--
Joyce

Beauty and music seduce us first; later, ashamed of our own
sensuality, we insist on meaning. -- Clive Barker
Old February 22nd 13, 03:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 2/21/2013 10:12 PM, Bastette wrote:
Christina Websell wrote:

[...]

The shed would probably would take up too much room. I don't know about
in the UK but in the US someone can't just haul off another person's
property simply because they (or their estate agent) don't like the
looks of it.

I do hope this doesn't turn into a contentious situation. So sorry the
neighbors are splitting up but Tweed shouldn't be dragged into the mess.

Jill
Old February 23rd 13, 06:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"The Other Guy" wrote in message
On Fri, 22 Feb 2013 03:12:04 +0000 (UTC), Bastette
wrote:

How come you didn't want the big wood shed?

Probably because it would take up valuable garden space.

No, it's because the council will not allow anything on the front drive that
cannot be moved e.g. we can have cars, trailers and caravans on there but
not a shed. That would require planning permission and it would be refused,
as no structure is allowed to be in front of where your house is,
permanently, if you see what I mean.
It suits me to have the trailer there as woodman is happy to throw my logs
in there from the back of his truck. He made it clear years ago that he
doesn't help to get them to the back of anyone's house and I don't blame
him - it takes him 15-20 minutes to throw them into my trailer. If his
customer has a woodshed in the back garden, he just dumps the logs on the
front, and I can tell you I don't want to spend half a day moving them with
a wheelbarrow.

In case there is another difference with American/English, by a trailer I
don't mean a caravan, it's a small thing that we towed our goats around in.
Perfect for my logs.

So that's why my trailer will remain where it is.

Tweed

To reply by email, lose the Ks...

Old February 23rd 13, 06:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

I wo
Christina Websell wrote:

[...]

I won't be dragged in to it. Before they disappear they owe me a whole lot
of money because Jenny acted as a conciliator from the other house was being
built when some of my garden was destroyed (and I was about to kill them for
doing it) and they took money from them to replace my plants and her husband
was paid to put it all right. They never did so, they kept the money.
I took down some trees at her request (didn't want to) so what I would like
is to have new neighbours who take advantage of their 1/4 acre to use it to
have a few chickens and grow a few veggies instead of blasting it all with
weedkiller.
Tweed

Old February 23rd 13, 07:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

~~~~~~~~~~~
In that case, you have a perfectly logical reason for refusing (in addition
to it simply being your "right" to control your own property). Your
neighbor ought to understand that. Do you think she is aware of the council
requirement (what we in the US would probably call an "ordinance"). If not,
perhaps an explanation would ease the tension. Certainly, her estate agent
(realtor?) should be aware of such requirements.

Thanks for the explanation of trailer. I was trying to picture it.

MaryL

Old February 23rd 13, 08:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote:

[...]

Of course her estate agent knew. Bad luck, that boy ;-)
And Jenny knows it too. My trailer will remain and it's too bad that it
would stop anyone buying her house as it didn't stop her, as it was there
then.
The answer to get rid of my wood trailer so my neighbour can have more kerb
appeal is no.
And she won't be towing it off, I can assure you of that.
That would be illegal and the police would be interested if she did that.
It would be theft.

Old February 23rd 13, 09:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Christina Websell wrote:

In case there is another difference with American/English, by a trailer I
don't mean a caravan, it's a small thing that we towed our goats around in.
Perfect for my logs.

So that's why my trailer will remain where it is.

Tweed

Yeah, we call that a trailer, too. I think the confusion arises because
we ALSO apply the term to what you call a "caravan". (Originally that
was a "house trailer", but somewhere along the line the term was
shortened.) And now there are all the various sorts of "RV's", ranging
from a "camper shell" that fits on the back of a pickup truck to huge
motor homes the size of a semi-truck trailer with the engine enclosed,
so they need no separate vehicle to pull them.
Old February 23rd 13, 09:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Judith Latham" wrote in message
[...]

Purrs that you get good neighbours this time who want the same things as
you do.

when you talk about your lifestyle it always reminds me of Tom and Barbara
Goode in the tv comedy. I don't think you'd like a Margo Leadbetter next
door though. (DH thinks I'm like Barbara and one of my closest friends
thinks I'm like Margo. Why I don't know.)

I suppose I am a bit like Tom & Barbara but remember the lovely Christmas
Margo & Jerry had when their Christmas did not arrive from a posh shop.
You don't need a lot of money, only enough to pay your bills and have a car
if you are too far away to walk for food shopping. Which I am.
I thought I would have to stop giving to Save The Children Fund when I
retired to live on savings, but I have continued to do so and somehow I have
managed.
My aunt says that God helped. She has a faith.
I don't. I think I saved.

Old February 23rd 13, 11:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

wrote:

How come you didn't want the big wood shed?

Probably because it would take up valuable garden space.

No, it's because the council will not allow anything on the front drive that
cannot be moved e.g. we can have cars, trailers and caravans on there but
not a shed. That would require planning permission and it would be refused,
as no structure is allowed to be in front of where your house is,
permanently, if you see what I mean.

Well, given this information, it seems inconsiderate of your neighbor
to insist you take something that would require you to deal with a lot
of bureaucracy before you can use it. Unless she thinks you won't mind
lugging wood from the front to the back!

--
Joyce

- Mommy loves you too my sweaty litter baby fire
- Ummm what mom?
- MY SWEET LITTLE BABY GIRL!! sorry honey!
-- damnyouautocorrect.com