I'm a bit worried

Old July 31st 15, 05:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default I'm a bit worried

Tigger & Boyfriend went to TED's yesterday for their annual boosters and
health check. Usual dramas about getting them into their carriers, Tigger
said no very vehemently and Claire arrived here a bit late with claw wounds
to her neck, chest, arms and hands.
Usual wowling all the way there from both.

Tigger has slightly increased in weight to 5.6kg and may have to have a
tooth out, but otherwise he is fine. He is 8 years old. He is a very big
cat and the vet (Alison, who I've used for 20 years+) say's he is not
overweight but not to let him put more weight on. For the first time ever
he didn't have fleas.

Boyfie's teeth are good, as is his heart, he has no fleas but he has lost
weight. I knew that. He's lost weight only since he got bullied recently,
so I asked Alison if that could be the cause and she said "yes, but with an
older cat we always have to look for something else too". He hardly ever
drinks, so atm, diabetes and renal failure are ruled out, but there is a
possibility of over-active thyroid.
He's been sent home with the advice of freefeeding him on dry plus his wet.
I asked about "dry for boys" which I've been told is a bad idea many times,
Alison said that if he hasn't had urinary problems before (he hasn't) he
will be fine and there's a lot more calories in dry food. If he doesn't put
on weight in 3 months, he has to go back for more investigation.
Well, Boyfie thought it was his birthday, as much food as he wanted! He
gorged and consequently I had to clean out the bath this morning.

Please purr & pray your hardest that he doesn't have thyroid trouble and
need pilling every day as that would be nigh impossible without help. I
can't even change his collar without two of us. However, he is particularly
disgusted with Tigger for scratching his own meowmie. No matter what I do to
him, Boyfie never has and never would scratch me. He hates being picked up
and when he is, he knows it's TED coming. He resists going in his carrier
by doing starfish. with no claws involved.

So, I'm worried about him. He hasn't been the same since the big fight, he
spends a lot of time in his bedroom, which might be sensible or might mean
he feels ill from thyroid trouble or something worse.

I adore him, and he does me. Please let him be OK.

Tweed

Old July 31st 15, 07:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mishi[_2_]

On Friday, July 31, 2015 at 12:58:24 PM UTC-4, Christina Websell wrote:
[...]

Purrs for Boyfie! Tina, did the vet check him for an abcess?
Old July 31st 15, 07:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Mishi" wrote in message

Purrs for Boyfie! Tina, did the vet check him for an abcess?

Yes, he doesn't have one. Vet said if he's going to get an abscess from
fighting he would have it within 5 days. Not so.
I'm really worried about him.
I could not stand it if he died. so lets hope its not serious yet

Old July 31st 15, 07:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

So, I'm worried about him. He hasn't been the same since the big fight, he
spends a lot of time in his bedroom, which might be sensible or might mean
he feels ill from thyroid trouble or something worse.

I adore him, and he does me. Please let him be OK.

Tweed

Purrs for Boyfie to be okay.

Jill
Old July 31st 15, 08:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy[_3_]

On 7/31/2015 9:58 AM, Christina Websell wrote:
[...]

It sounds to me as though he has PTSD.

Joy

Old July 31st 15, 08:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

I think you are right.

Old July 31st 15, 11:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Joy" wrote in message
It sounds to me as though he has PTSD.

Joy

I think so, he's been badly bullied but the cat is gone now and I'm
feeding Boyfie like crazy. If he doesn't increase his weight in the next
three months (getting twice as much food as normal) we have a problem.

Old August 1st 15, 12:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

On Fri, 31 Jul 2015 17:58:19 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
Please purr & pray your hardest that he doesn't have thyroid trouble and
need pilling every day as that would be nigh impossible without help. I
can't even change his collar without two of us. However, he is particularly
disgusted with Tigger for scratching his own meowmie. No matter what I do to
him, Boyfie never has and never would scratch me. He hates being picked up
and when he is, he knows it's TED coming. He resists going in his carrier
by doing starfish. with no claws involved.

So, I'm worried about him. He hasn't been the same since the big fight, he
spends a lot of time in his bedroom, which might be sensible or might mean
he feels ill from thyroid trouble or something worse.

I adore him, and he does me. Please let him be OK.

I think it's too early to worry about pilling, but even if that ever
happens, there are still tricks and pill pocket treats that might work.

If his bloodwork is good, then I'm sure he'll be ok. It sounds like he's
feeling a bit down.
Old August 1st 15, 12:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

wrote:
[...]

Persia had thyroid problems. Generally it occurs in cats that are older
than Boyfie. Eight years old isn't all that old for a cat.

Boyfie might just not feel like going out. The black cat (which has
vanished) may or may not be the cause. He might just have decided he'd
rather stay inside where it's comfy.

Jill