Ding is 3 today

Old March 15th 05, 11:14 PM
Howard Berkowitz

In article , "melizabeth"
wrote:

"Howard Berkowitz" wrote in message
Ding, my resident hanger-on at some strange existentialist philosophy
salon, is three today. He appears to have developed a three-way switch:

1. Stop, consider a question along the lines of:
a. Am I here?
b. What is the purpose of life?
c. If I look behind me, will my tail be there?
and wail until comforted.

2. Desperately need skritches, which will be expressed by trying
to dig under the hoomin in bed, assuming hoomin is not lying
prone. If the latter, climb on hoomin's back, purr and knead.

3. Teleport to the mothership on seeing a stranger, unless he
decides he loves them at first sight.

He's really charming when he chooses to interact, and never is nasty
(well, he's not at all enthusiastic about being picked up). He is
definitely a handsome fellow, of a more or less Russian Blue persuasion,
and trim and a bit muscular.

The latter doesn't do him much good when he wrestles his adoptive sister
Rhonda, he at 11.5 and she at 6.5 pounds. If it's serious wrestling, she
will tie him in knots. Most of the time, however, they switch from
wrestling to grooming.

Happy Birthday, Ding! I love your name

His namesake is Ding (Domingo) Chavez, a Tom Clancy character. Ding and
Rhonda were adopted as kittens, along with then 3-year-or-so old Mr.
Clark. Clancy's Mr. Clark is s warm furry type at home and with his
friends, and one of the world's deadliest men otherwise.

My Mr. Clark is very calm most of the time, except when two-legged or
four-legged people need him. Shall we say that all he did was look
martyred when the young kittens tried to nurse on his (former) tomcat
belly? When Ding rode horsie on his back? When there's an upset person,
he runs to their lap, standa and puts a paw on each shoulder (he's big)
and thoroughly kisses them?
Old March 16th 05, 12:45 AM
Kreisleriana

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 12:08:40 -0500, Howard Berkowitz
yodeled:

[...]

He sounds like a nice little fellow. Happy Purrday!

Theresa
Old March 16th 05, 01:13 AM
SuzQ

Happy purrday Ding from Spicey 2, are you a menber of catslaves? You could
show Ding Spicey's picture. She's a money cat, she looks like a reverse
calico/tabby.
Suz

Old March 16th 05, 01:23 AM
CATherine

wrote:

[...]

Ding sounds like a big ole love. Happy birthday, Ding!

--
CATherine
Old March 16th 05, 01:32 AM
Howard Berkowitz

In article
outpets.com, "SuzQ"
wrote:

Happy purrday Ding from Spicey 2, are you a menber of catslaves? You could
show Ding Spicey's picture. She's a money cat, she looks like a reverse
calico/tabby.
Suz

No, not in catslaves. His adopted sister Rhonda is a tabby, of the "mini
Coon" persuasion -- looks like a Maine Coon but weighs 6.5 pounds.
Old March 16th 05, 03:27 AM
Takayuki

Howard Berkowitz wrote:

He's really charming when he chooses to interact, and never is nasty
(well, he's not at all enthusiastic about being picked up). He is
definitely a handsome fellow, of a more or less Russian Blue persuasion,
and trim and a bit muscular.

The latter doesn't do him much good when he wrestles his adoptive sister
Rhonda, he at 11.5 and she at 6.5 pounds. If it's serious wrestling, she
will tie him in knots. Most of the time, however, they switch from
wrestling to grooming.

Happy Purrday! Ding sounds like a sweetie. I also think that cats
have different "modes". Or maybe multiple personalities.

Old March 16th 05, 04:04 AM
Cheryl

"Howard Berkowitz" wrote in message
Ding, my resident hanger-on at some strange existentialist
philosophy
salon, is three today. He appears to have developed a three-way
switch:

Happy Purrday to Ding!

He almost shares his day with Shamrock; tomorrow the 16th is his 3rd
anniversary with me. I was told he was 6 months old that day, but I
suspect at least a year old.

--
Cheryl

Old March 16th 05, 07:32 AM
Christine Burel

Give Ding a very special birthday scritch from us; he sounds like a
character. Maybe he's the kitty version of "Waiting for Godot"?
Christine

Old March 16th 05, 09:40 AM
melizabeth

wrote:

"Howard Berkowitz" wrote in message
Ding, my resident hanger-on at some strange

snip

Awww...that's so sweet! What a fun group!

Old March 16th 05, 04:13 PM
CatNipped

[...]

Sorry, I'm behind on posting because I've been trying to spend as much time
with Bandit as possible.

Anyway, belated purr-day purrs for Ding. I hope he got lots of good treats
and scritches!

Hugs,

CatNipped