[OT] Is it just me?

Old January 25th 06, 01:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default [OT] Is it just me?

The haul was *incredible* Masses and masses, tens of *metres* of all sorts
of different bubble wrap, and it was all *mine*. It nearly broke my heart to
have to throw nearly all of it away (I can't use up half the volume of my
shared office with bubblewrap) but I did take *great* delight in stashing as
much as I could away, and take a strangely sensuous pleasure in squeezing
and then climatically popping them, one by one.

A woman at work caught me popping and said scornfully "even my 12 year old
thinks thats childish".

And then, there's the puddles. Cary reminded me of how much fun they are to
splash in. There are two alsmot permanat puddles on the way to work, one I
drive through, one I get to walk through. I drive through the drivable
puddle with the aim of splashing it the highest. I get a thrill just going
"Swooooooosh" through it, bet get an extra bit of satisfaction if I get the
spashes higher thant he last time. And with the walking puddle, it snto so
deep its worth spalshing, but I always check to see how many footprints I
can leave behind.

Another co-worker said I was being weird.

I had cat-posters (and polar bear posters and other posters again) all over
my old office. "It looks like a teenagers bedroom" my old boss observed,
"its not exactly professional" but I couldn't take them down - the walls
were so *boring* otherwise.

My manager wondered why on earth I was colouring in a picture yesterday.
"oh, just for fun" I said."So, you didn't draw it yourself?" "no, just
adding colour" "isn't that just colouring in?" he said, in a disparaging
way. "Well, I guess you could call it that" I had to reply. "You shouldn't
be doing that here" was all he had to say, despite it was my lunch hour and
I wasn't disturbing anyone, with the intonation suggesting that he thought
it was very "beneath" a grown up.

And then, worst thing of all, I got "busted" sucking up the remains of my
milkshake with a good solid "slurp" in the canteen today. They just shake
their heads at me.

There are other examples, many many other examples (like yelling 'moo' at
cows, or sitting on the floor crosslegged rahter than standing up), but they
all fit the same basic pattern. And people look at me strangely every time
they catch me doing one.

Doesn't anyone understand the concept of good clean simple fun anymore? Its
not like popping bubble wrap means I have the mental capacity of a 5 year
old, spalshing pauddles does't mean I am goign to throw a great tantrum in a
team meeting, and slurping the last of a milkshake means - well - I like
milkshakes? have I missed the boat somehow or do people chose to be boring
old farts voluntarily?

I may have to get older, but no-one can make me grow up! (so ner!)

Yowie

I think I need my purple hat now

Old January 25th 06, 01:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Yowie wrote:

Doesn't anyone understand the concept of good clean simple fun anymore? Its
not like popping bubble wrap means I have the mental capacity of a 5 year
old, spalshing pauddles does't mean I am goign to throw a great tantrum in a
team meeting, and slurping the last of a milkshake means - well - I like
milkshakes? have I missed the boat somehow or do people chose to be boring
old farts voluntarily?

Wow, if you were working for a software company in the US, your
behavior would be completely typical. Animal posters not professional??
I think your co-workers need surgery to remove the sticks embedded
deep inside their butts. I feel sorry for them!

bronx cheer

Joyce
Old January 25th 06, 01:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Don't ever change, Yowie, we love you just the way you are, as I'm certain
Joel and Cary do to. I think your co -workers are jealous because they've
forgotten how to have fun.

--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
A House is not a home, without a cat.

Old January 25th 06, 01:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Yowie" wrote in message
[...]

We understand good clean fun 'cause we have cats!! My Eddie is almost 7
years old and no one can convince her she isn't a hoolikitten.

Keep popping, splashing and slurping - I think I'll join you!

Fi

Old January 25th 06, 01:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Yowie" wrote in message
[...]

Like you, I hope to remain child-like (as opposed to childish) until the day
I die. I just feel sorry for others who think being grown up means having
grown beyond the simple pleasures of childhood!

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old January 25th 06, 02:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Fi" wrote in message
"Yowie" wrote in message

We understand good clean fun 'cause we have cats!! My Eddie is almost 7
years old and no one can convince her she isn't a hoolikitten.

Keep popping, splashing and slurping - I think I'll join you!

Fi

I'm joining, too! Who can resist popping bubble wrap??????

kili

Old January 25th 06, 03:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Yowie" wrote:

Doesn't anyone understand the concept of good clean simple fun anymore? Its
not like popping bubble wrap means I have the mental capacity of a 5 year
old, spalshing pauddles does't mean I am goign to throw a great tantrum in a
team meeting, and slurping the last of a milkshake means - well - I like
milkshakes? have I missed the boat somehow or do people chose to be boring
old farts voluntarily?

I may have to get older, but no-one can make me grow up! (so ner!)

You just need a change in work environment. It's much too
stuffy in that building.

--

Wayne M
(indulged by Will and Heidi)
Old January 25th 06, 03:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Is it just me?

I have a stash of bubble wrap in my office too.

Don't ever change.

DD and I had a wonderful morning last fall picking up acorns off the
ground, collecting them in a cup and then putting them out for the
squirrels. It was lovely, so simple. And last month, we had a blast
making footprints through the crusty snow that was left after a
snowfall. Kids keep us young, and the simple joys and pleasures do
too.

-Caroline S.

Old January 25th 06, 04:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Caroline S. wrote:
I have a stash of bubble wrap in my office too.

Don't ever change.

DD and I had a wonderful morning last fall picking up acorns off the
ground, collecting them in a cup and then putting them out for the
squirrels. It was lovely, so simple. And last month, we had a blast
making footprints through the crusty snow that was left after a
snowfall. Kids keep us young, and the simple joys and pleasures do
too.

-Caroline S.

Anyone else here who is considered "middle aged" but, with the exception of
a few creaky bones, doesn't feel much different than when they were 20? I'm
that way. I look in the mirror and think hmmm, you are older so why don't
you feel older? But then again, my LLL asked me what the name "Jill" means.
It means light-hearted or young at heart. And that I am. Of course, he had
to morph it into "light-headed" but at least we can laugh at ourselves

Jill

Old January 25th 06, 04:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 00:03:09 +1100, "Yowie"
yodeled:

[...]

Aww, screw them! I actually give bubble wrap as gifts! :P

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War