Can you name a cat DUKE?

Old June 28th 08, 06:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

Default Can you name a cat DUKE?

On Jun 14, 8:19*pm, "Yowie" wrote:
but my
pronunciation is often Essex English

Over here some people describe Essex English as "posh cockney" unfair!
I am from Essex and I have no accent at all or at least that's what I
thought until I had a penfriend from Stoke on Trent come down for the
weekend, he couldn't understand my accent and I couldn't understand
his and he swore he didn't have an accent as did I

Dave;s Scottish accent is diluted from so many years living in London
(I sometimes have problems understanding what his mother is saying and
I don;t just mean her accent! :-) ) but once he got talking to a guy
from Glasgow with such a thick accent it took me 15 minutes to realise
his name was Hugh (they say Hughie rather than Hugh and seem to stick
an S on the front and then emphaize the "Shu" sound to the point where
it sounds like projectile vomitting "SHUUUUEEY being about the nearest
I can get the sound) and after a few minutes of talking to him Dave
started to re-accquire a Glasgow accent....

Damn weird Dave's from Fife

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old June 28th 08, 08:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Jun 15, 11:53*am, Will in New Haven
wrote:

I'd like to know what the nicknames would be for a cat named "Seton
Hall".

Seti? Believe me when I selected the name Sarrasine and was informed
this would be acceptable Dave pointed out that he would shorten the
name to "SARS" I just added the I to make it Sarsi- then again a lot
of cat nicknames have nothing to do with the cats original name- One
of Sarsi's nicknames is "Really" since when she was a kitten Dave and
sometimes me would stand in the wreckage of her latest punk cat moment
and say "She's a good cat....really"

Old June 28th 08, 09:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Lesley wrote:

Over here some people describe Essex English as "posh cockney" unfair!

Lesley, have you ever listened to the radio show "World Have Your Say?"
It's an international radio call-in talk show from the BBC. The main host
is a guy, Ros Atkins, but sometimes there's a stand-in host, Chloe Tilley.
Every time I hear her voice, I think, "I'll bet that's what Lesley from
RPCA sounds like." Don't ask me where I get that idea!

Am I anywhere near right? And what would you call her accent?

Dave;s Scottish accent is diluted from so many years living in London
(I sometimes have problems understanding what his mother is saying and
I don;t just mean her accent! :-) ) but once he got talking to a guy
from Glasgow with such a thick accent it took me 15 minutes to realise
his name was Hugh (they say Hughie rather than Hugh and seem to stick
an S on the front and then emphaize the "Shu" sound to the point where
it sounds like projectile vomitting "SHUUUUEEY being about the nearest
I can get the sound) and after a few minutes of talking to him Dave
started to re-accquire a Glasgow accent....

That's hilarious!

--
Joyce

To email me, remove the triple-X from my user name. ^..^
Old June 28th 08, 09:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Jun 28, 1:10*pm, wrote:

Lesley, have you ever listened to the radio show "World Have Your Say?"
It's an international radio call-in talk show from the BBC. The main host
is a guy, Ros Atkins, but sometimes there's a stand-in host, Chloe Tilley..
Every time I hear her voice, I think, "I'll bet that's what Lesley from
RPCA sounds like." Don't ask me where I get that idea!

I must admit I have never heard it I'll try to look out for it

Then again I have a feeling my accent such as it is wouldn't get on
the BBC- these days there's a lot of acceptance of regional accents as
opposed to what they used to have and my accent such as it is falls
between the two stools- btw I am also told I have a sexy blonde voice
over the phone and I am not blonde

Old June 29th 08, 10:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kathy[_2_]

Our cat's name is Woodgie. She gets this name from my daughter who climed it
was what you said when you rubbed a bitty. I didn't believe her until I saw
a little vidfeo on You Tube where a girl picked up a kitten and , by God,
said "Woodgie, wooodgie, woodgie."
I, BTW, don't generally have an accent, but after I visit my family back in
Louisvbille KY, I tawk funnee for a while....

--
^..^

Kathy P.
Woodgie's Gramma