Which books did you hate that you still read all the way through?OK, way OT, but fascinating

Old March 29th 11, 06:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Default Which books did you hate that you still read all the way through? OK, way OT, but fascinating

wrote in message
"tanadashoes" wrote in message

In defense of RDCB, they are perfect for those families that have very
limited budgets. Growing up, I discovered some of my favorite authors
via
Readers Digest Condensed Books. These were authors that we ordinarily
wouldn't have checked out. RDCB are also great for those families that
are isolated (we lived over 9 miles from the nearest town, which still
has
a very limited library) or are in an area with limited services.

Some authors read better in the condensed versions, like James Mitchner
or
Leon Uris, who are both excellent authors but in love with their words.

I would add Stephen King to that list. Talk about being in love with your
words. Why say something one way when you can say it five different ways?
I liked his books when I read them, but he really needed an editor. But
why would a publisher pay money for an editor, when the book's going to
be a bestseller no matter what they do?

Joyce

I was looking at my collection of Stephen King books yesterday. Several of
them are HUGE! Now my hands are just a bit arthritic, holding a book that
size is very uncomfortable.

Joy