OT YAY!!!

Old June 25th 11, 09:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

Default OT YAY!!!

On Jun 24, 2:55*pm, Judith Latham wrote:
.. This I keep until I have
enough to make 5 or 10 uk pounds and take it to the small butchers I use.
He's happy to have the change and I get paper money to start again. I'm
happy, he's happy.

Having worked in retail I loved small change - saves a trip to the
bank to change up notes etc. Places that are still open after the
bank has closed especially love it (My local pub adores small change
after 5 at night because it worries about running out) The thing I
used to hate was a £50 note especially if it was for something small
it strips change out of the till and can't be used to make change
(unless someone uses a £100 travellers cheque and they're worse)

Lesley

Slave of The Fabulous Furballs
Old June 26th 11, 08:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MatSav[_2_]

"Christina Websell" wrote in
message ...

"MatSav" wrote in message
"Judith Latham" wrote in message
In article

I know the economies over the world are in a mess but I have
to wonder if
governments, employers and businesses are using it as an
excuse to treat
the people badly and get more money. I know I'm a cynical,
untrusting,
paranoid lady but.....?

Judith

(Who apparently has a guilt edged pension to come, News to
me. Shafted
more like)

Why would you feel guilty about getting a pension you've
contributed to for many years?

Ah, sorry - you mean "gilt-edged"! I misread what you wrote!

I don't know what Judith's pension will be, but mine is
259/month after 21 years. It does not pay my utility bills and
council tax. Gilt edged pensions?
I wish.
I have no other income than that atm.

State Benefits? Surely you're entitled to *something*? You must
have had many "clients" who were claimants, and know a little bit
about "the system"?

--
MatSav

Old June 27th 11, 08:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"MatSav" wrote in message

Why would you feel guilty about getting a pension you've contributed to
for many years?

Ah, sorry - you mean "gilt-edged"! I misread what you wrote!

I don't know what Judith's pension will be, but mine is 259/month after
21 years. It does not pay my utility bills and council tax. Gilt edged
pensions?
I wish.
I have no other income than that atm.

State Benefits? Surely you're entitled to *something*? You must have had
many "clients" who were claimants, and know a little bit about "the
system"?

I do know everything about the system. One of my problems is that many
moons ago I bought a bit of land for my goats and it was very difficult to
buy it at that time, as I
had a mortgage on my house. I would have to sell it and it would not gain
me anything much as it is landlocked
Having that land puts me out of any help, but hey.

Old June 27th 11, 10:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

"Christina Websell" wrote:

"MatSav" wrote in message

I do know everything about the system. One of my problems is that
many
moons ago I bought a bit of land for my goats and it was very
difficult to
buy it at that time, as I
had a mortgage on my house. I would have to sell it and it would not
gain
me anything much as it is landlocked
Having that land puts me out of any help, but hey.

I was wondering about your bit of land, is it possible to rent it out to
make a bit of income?

--
Adrian