brain fart or how keep kitten from biting

Old September 7th 11, 01:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default EXCELLENT Video! (Was: brain fart or how keep kitten from biting)

"CatNipped" wrote in message
On 9/6/2011 7:28 PM, jmcquown wrote:

"CatNipped" wrote in message
On 9/5/2011 10:37 PM, Matthew wrote:
hiss at him or really loud yell ow ow ow
you can also grab his teeth and rub back and forth they hate that

"Michael wrote in message
go to welding supply house, get set leather welding sleeves, pull on
over arms cannot bite thru only 10.00
can take seam out use on legs, i have a TERROR , hopefully he be out
this soon, spank him but he likes it .

best regards,

Michael Lane
n Flatrock, Tennessee
" Harley-Davidson, till the end"

Here's a video demonstrating how to make a cat stop biting or
scratching you...

http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNipped/mew.mpg

or on YouTube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyabzM03vvM

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, created by "Yowie", maintained by Mark Edwards,
at:
http://www.professional-geek.net/rpcablog/

Thank you, I've never, ever seen it fail to stop a cat in his/her tracks
*immediately*. It's funny, but Archer was sitting here next to me as I
was playing it and he jumped up and looked at me as if to say, "Hey, I
wasn't even touching you!". LOL!

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

ROFL! That *IS* funny! And I have no doubt the technique works. You
demonstrated it very clearly. Thanks for doing that.

Jill

Old September 7th 11, 05:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

Default brain fart or how keep kitten from biting

In ,
CatNipped typed:

*snip*

I had you in my kill file until I got this new computer, and have been
trying to ignore you since then, but when you start telling people to
yell at their cats and grab their teeth to "rub back and forth",
that's bordering on abuse and I won't ignore that. Watch the video I
posted if you have any doubts about what I recommend working. I've
never, ever had it fail on any cat, mine or others. Don't bother
responding, I won't see it.

Oh come on Lori, whilst yelling 'Ow Ow Ow' and grabbing at their teeth (if
they're biting) may not necessarily be 'best' way to stop a cat from being
too rough, in your opinion, and it may not be the way *you* would choose to
do it, but its hardly *abuse*. To categorise it as *abuse* or even
'bordering on abuse' makes a complete mockery of the selfless people who
work tirelessly to rehabilitate abused animals and, worse, belittles the
pain and suffering of the victims themselves - the animals that cower in
terror at a raised hand, the animals emaciated and crippled via malnutrition
and neglect, those that soil themselves when a human approaches them, the
ones that bite and snarl and snap when a 'trigger' occurs, the ones that
have never known the slightest hint of human kindness.

If you genuinely think that *anyone* here is abusing or even 'bordering' on
abusing their animal wards, then you have a moral duty to report that abuse
to the relevent authorities.

Otherwise, this is no place for such false accusations *regardless* of
whatever personal 'issues' you may have with any other person here.

Reminds me of the time when folks were about to call the authorities of
Kili's husband for allowing Kili's cats outside and calling one of them a
'retard'. No, its not the relentlessly-spoiled-and-woshipped-on-a-pedestal
treatment "we" give "our cats", but was it actual *abuse*? Not even close.

Yowie
(anti-pitchfork since '98)

Old September 7th 11, 06:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Yowie wrote:

If you genuinely think that *anyone* here is abusing or even 'bordering' on
abusing their animal wards, then you have a moral duty to report that abuse
to the relevent authorities.

Otherwise, this is no place for such false accusations *regardless* of
whatever personal 'issues' you may have with any other person here.

Reminds me of the time when folks were about to call the authorities of
Kili's husband for allowing Kili's cats outside and calling one of them a
'retard'. No, its not the relentlessly-spoiled-and-woshipped-on-a-pedestal
treatment "we" give "our cats", but was it actual *abuse*? Not even close.

Yowie
(anti-pitchfork since '98)

What happened *before* '98, that's what I want to know.

Joyce

--
"Bacteria, with a few more bells and whistles."
-- Bonnie Bassler, describing human beings
Old September 7th 11, 06:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

In ,
typed:
Yowie wrote:

*snip

Yowie
(anti-pitchfork since '98)

What happened *before* '98, that's what I want to know.

I wasn't posting on Usenet? g,d&r

Yowie

Old September 7th 11, 06:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Yowie" wrote in message
[...]

At last! A voice of reason in this thread!

Joy

Old September 7th 11, 07:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

On 9/6/2011 11:23 PM, Yowie wrote:
[...]

First, the part snipped...

Matthew:
n 9/5/2011 10:37 PM, Matthew wrote:
hiss at him or really loud yell ow ow ow
you can also grab his teeth and rub back and forth they hate that

Lori:
OFFS! *DON'T* yell at your cat, cat's don't know the meaning of OW,
don't physically punish your cat in ANY way. Just make a very high
pitched "MEW" and the cat will instantly stop an attack. It's how
kittens say "uncle" when they're fighting, and they'll react to that
sound for the rest of their lives.

I'm off to a doctor's visit right now and don't have time to look for
it, but I'll post a video tape demonstrating it when I get back.

As you can see, my first response was merely to tell people not to yell
at cats or grab at cats' teeth. Matthew, being Matthew, had to mock
that, call me wrong and imply that I was being laughing stock. He has
never in the history of this newsgroup admitted to being wrong about
something, so this didn't come as a surprise to me.

Matthew:
Sorry IT WORKS never had a cat afraid of me for doing this. When they
bite or play to rough. I use the words OW OW OW they stop. Mew they
would laugh at me if they were human and play rougher

After posting the video showing that this milder form of remonstrance
works immediately and well and in a manner cats understand and respect,
he still insisted that yelling at cats and grabbing their teeth is the
way to handle the situation. Sorry, I *do* consider that "bordering on
abuse" - if it were not would "they hate that" apply? It may not be the
massive abuse you are so eloquently and heartbreakingly painting, but
its bordering on abusive behavior nevertheless. As with everything
else, there are varying degrees of abuse, none, in my opinion, should be
used on either helpless animals or helpless children (or anyone else who
can not defend themselves). Again, JMHO.

Lori:
I had you in my kill file until I got this new computer, and have been
trying to ignore you since then, but when you start telling people to
yell at their cats and grab their teeth to "rub back and forth", that's
bordering on abuse and I won't ignore that. Watch the video I posted if
you have any doubts about what I recommend working. I've never, ever
had it fail on any cat, mine or others. Don't bother responding, I
won't see it.

Reading all of the above, I don't see any false accusations on my part.

However, I haven't read Matthew's response to that, but I can assure you
from past experiences that his reply was not nearly as nice a rebuke as
mine. In fact some of the lies and obscenities he's directed towards me
in the past just about guarantee that he's doing so again at this, his
first opportunity. So if you're looking for false accusations you might
want to peruse his posts in this thread.

I no longer see Matthew's replies, and since I've stated my opinion as
clearly as I can, I'd rather just drop this topic of conversation if
you're not averse to doing so. Can we agree to disagree?

Old September 7th 11, 08:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

In ,
CatNipped typed:

*snip*

After posting the video showing that this milder form of remonstrance
works immediately and well and in a manner cats understand and
respect, he still insisted that yelling at cats and grabbing their
teeth is the way to handle the situation.

Thats not how I saw it.

Sorry, I *do* consider
that "bordering on abuse" - if it were not would "they hate that"
apply?

Cats also hate getting wet - whcih is why a water gun works, they hate the
feel of alumnium foil under their paws - which is why putting alfoil down on
a surface you don't want them on works, they hate loud hissing noises -
which is why an air can works, and apparently hate the smell of citrus -
which is why people recommend using citrus smell to deter cats. None of
which would be considered abusive. The question is one of /harm/ - is the
cat being *harmed* by whatever it is Matthew is doing? I don't know for
sure, but I doubt it. using such a strong word as 'abuse' to express your
distaste of his cat training method smacks of a certain cat lady here who
would consider feeding cats generic supermarket cat food 'abuse' too.
Perhaps there are better ways of doing things, but not doing things the best
way is a long way from abuse.

Yowie

Old September 7th 11, 08:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

On 9/7/2011 2:16 AM, Yowie wrote:
In ,
typed:

*snip*

[...]

Ergo the use of "bordering on". A *very* large grown man screaming and
grabbing at the teeth of a cat thirty five times plus smaller in size
and "rubbing back and forth" sounds violent to me - how much more
pressure might it take to break a tooth? And in the face of being given
a not only gentler, but much more effect solution, he instead insisted
his bullying is the better solution. Maybe having been the victim of a
somewhat similar situation makes me more sensitive to the implications
and feelings of the smaller creature, the fear this can invoke, makes my
stomach turn. Again, that's my opinion and continuing to chastise me
for my opinion is not going to change it. I ask again, can we
discontinue the conversation?