The Office Cats

Old February 13th 04, 05:10 AM
LOL

"Christine Burel" wrote in message ...
Awww, Krista -- love these descriptions of your office kitties. Oz sounds
like a double for Tucker in every way!
Christine

Thanks, Christine. There is definitely a strong resemblance, but I am
awfully thankful that from day one Ozzy has been easier to handle than
Tucker. ;-P

------
Krista
Old February 13th 04, 05:12 AM
LOL

"Marina" wrote in message ...
"LOL" wrote
As I'd mentioned before, at the end of 2003 I'd quit my job to be able
to work full-time with my DH in his office. What this means, aside
from no longer having a regular paycheck g, is that I get to spend
lots more time with the office cats, Ozzy and Tiger.

Thanks for telling us about your wonderful office cats. Please give them
both a scritch from me (if Tiger will have one). LOL about the spud monster!

Thanks, Marina - they will both get extra scritches in the morning,
and I will make sure to tell them the source. :-)

------
Krista
Old February 13th 04, 05:20 AM
LOL

m. L. Briggs wrote in message . ..

It is good to read their stories. Purrs for all. MLB

Thanks! We can always use all the purrs we can get, and we are
sending some in return. :-)

------
Krista
Old February 13th 04, 12:39 PM
Victor Martinez

LOL wrote:
**gasp** You mean you don't have cats at your workplace! However do
you get anything done without kitty help?!

Hard to believe, isn't it? I do have pictures of all my kids on the wall
of my cublicle though. That helps a lot when I'm stressed.

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old February 13th 04, 04:35 PM
Annie Wxill

"LOL" wrote in message
om...
Thanks, Polonca. I will hope for a slow day next week, so that I can
take the camera and run around the office like a fool, taking kitty
pics. It's kind of tough to do that sort of thing with clients there,
though we fully expect them to just deal with the possibility of
having a cat suddenly leap into the chair with them. ;-)
Krista

You'll probably get a lot of sympathy from Helen S., who has some stories to
tell about Waffles bringing live voles inside and releasing them while Helen
is dealing with clients or service people. I wonder how Helen's kitchen
renovation is going. I suppose the voles may be in hibernation this time of
year, so the workers may be spared the usual excitement.
Annie

Old February 13th 04, 10:30 PM
jmcquown

LOL wrote:
As I'd mentioned before, at the end of 2003 I'd quit my job to be able
to work full-time with my DH in his office. What this means, aside
from no longer having a regular paycheck g, is that I get to spend
lots more time with the office cats, Ozzy and Tiger.

Ozzy is lion-colored, solid sandy ginger except for a stripey tail

(snip)
Oz galumphs around the office, sounding
like at least 4 elephants on the hardwood floors while chasing his
furry mousies, which he renders tailless first thing. He is clumsy,
and a goofy sort of cat. Yesterday, I saw him outside tussling with
something in the azalea bushes. I went out onto the porch to have a
look, wondering what he'd caught that was giving him such a fight. It
was a potato. I don't have the slightest notion where he got the
potato.

Hmmm, a potato in the bushes at the office. That's really ODD!

(I assured him I was *not* laughing; those are the sounds a
person makes when awed and terrified by feline hunting prowess.) Oz
is my helper; he helps me sort copies by leaping on and sliding in the
piles of paper, and he helps me type legal documents by walking on the
keyboard and inserting lots of random characters. I just know that
one day I'm not going to notice, and the parties will have to ask why
one clause of their contract consists of nothing but line after line
of the letter "P".

"P" for "Perfectly legitimate clause" ?

Tiger is a funny looking little guy. He is, I suppose, a tabby, brown
and black, but he's not striped in most places so much as he is
brindled like a d*g.

There are brindle cats

He has beautiful big green eyes and a little
beard that somehow reminds me irresistbly of Burl Ives.

ROFL!

Tiger's name doesn't really suit him; he is about the *least*
ferocious thing I've ever seen. He is very timid and is frightened of
coming into the office. I am trying to encourage him to spend more
time inside; I'd love it if we could get him to the point where he
would be willing to at least sleep indoors.

They both sound like wonderful cats and I sure hope you can get Tiger to
come inside soon.

I will try to remember to take the camera to work with me soon and put
up some pictures of our boys, so that you can all admire these
hard-working lawcats. :-)

------
Krista

Yes, please!

Jill

Old February 14th 04, 07:55 AM
LOL

Takayuki wrote in message . ..

Poor Mike. He does sound very demanding, like Otis.

Heh. Mike and Otis do have a lot in common.
------
Krista