The Office Cats

Old February 14th 04, 03:38 PM
Christine Burel

Krista -- could you change clothes from work before you come home? And
really wash your arms with a smelly soap?
Christine
"LOL" wrote in message
om...
Takayuki wrote in message

. ..
(LOL) wrote:
As I'd mentioned before, at the end of 2003 I'd quit my job to be able
to work full-time with my DH in his office. What this means, aside
from no longer having a regular paycheck g, is that I get to spend
lots more time with the office cats, Ozzy and Tiger.

They sound like wonderful cats. I don't suppose that Mike sniffs you
and DH after work and says, "You guys have a second household
somewhere, you... polygamists!"

Mike has never met (and will never meet, barring extraordinary
circumstances) the office cats. Mike has zero tolerance for other
cats. He's used to smelling them on DH, but he's smelling them much
more now on me, and is not reacting well at all. We are having a
regular sprayfest here and have put him back on the valium. I am
MIKE'S mom and he doesn't appreciate my messing around with any other
cats.

Or at least I am assuming that the latest round of agitation and
pacing and spraying has been caused by this, because of the timing.
*sigh* Mike has another appointment with TED tomorrow, for follow-up
bloodwork, and we will be discussing it again then.

We'll all have to work it out somehow, because we can't do without any
of them. They are all very excellent kitties. :-D

------
Krista
Office slave to Ozzy and Tiger
House slave to PsychoMike

Old February 15th 04, 08:40 AM
LOL

"Christine Burel" wrote in message ...
Krista -- could you change clothes from work before you come home? And
really wash your arms with a smelly soap?
Christine

I change as soon as I get home - OFF with the skirt and on with the
disreputable sweatpants, and I always wash my hands either before
leaving the office with fairly strongly scented soap (vanilla, yummy)
or as soon as I get home with regular ole soap, before greeting Mikey.
I hadn't really thought of changing before leaving the office - I
almost always have errands to run between office and home, and I do
that in my office clothes. It's a thought, though. More time in my
ragged but comfy sweats! :-)

------
Krista
Old February 16th 04, 08:06 AM
LOL

CATherine wrote in message . ..

I would love to see pictures of your office cats. I sure hope Tiger
tames soon and that Ozzie gets nicer to him. Ozzie sounds like quite a
character.

CATherine

Thanks, CATherine. Oz is full of personality, for sure. Someone on
the ng (can't remember just who off the top of my head) refers to his
cat RJ as a "big orange fuzzbuddy", which also suits Ozzy to a tee.
And Tiger is coming along nicely. :-)

------
Krista
Who will try to get some pics this week
Old February 16th 04, 08:10 AM
LOL

"Annie Wxill" wrote in message ...

You'll probably get a lot of sympathy from Helen S., who has some stories to
tell about Waffles bringing live voles inside and releasing them while Helen
is dealing with clients or service people. I wonder how Helen's kitchen
renovation is going. I suppose the voles may be in hibernation this time of
year, so the workers may be spared the usual excitement.
Annie

Heh. Helen can get a lot of sympathy from me! Neither of the boys
are very good hunters, so *that* isn't too much of a worry. But the
other day Oz was playing with one of his mousies out into the lobby
with me, and went skidding into the curtained glass door between the
lobby and DH's office with a great **bang**! DH was meeting in his
office with clients, and there was suddenly a complete silence on the
other side of the door while everyone tried to puzzle out what had
made that terrible crash. DH said they could hear me laughing, so
figured it must have been a cat. :-P

------
Krista