Animal Cops - Abuse Warning

Old February 26th 05, 09:47 PM
CatNipped

Default Animal Cops - Abuse Warning

I know, I shouldn't watch this show - we just talked about this. Just saw a
show where a 14-year-old tied a cat with rope and dragged it behind his
bike, then doused the cat with lighter fluid and set her on fire! The poor
cat was so badly burned that her ears were gone! She recovered and was
adopted, and the little sweetie is still playful, loving, and trusting with
her new slave and her kids!!!!

What happened to the 14-year-old? He has to go to anger management
counseling!

I need to go throw up now! People make me sick! And for gawd's sake *WHEN*
are we going to get some tougher laws regarding animal cruelty and
enforcement of those laws?

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old February 26th 05, 09:58 PM
jmcquown

CatNipped wrote:
I know, I shouldn't watch this show - we just talked about this.
Just saw a show where a 14-year-old tied a cat with rope and

(snip) can't stand reading this!

What happened to the 14-year-old? He has to go to anger management
counseling!

At age 14, that "child" should know better. That child is showing
tendencies towards becoming a serial or spree killer. Total disregard for
an animal to feel pain is one of the first signs. "Anger management" is
IMHO a cop-out. So this sullen kid will sit with a counselor, or maybe in a
group setting, and do what? Nothing.

And for gawd's sake
*WHEN* are we going to get some tougher laws regarding animal cruelty
and enforcement of those laws?

Hugs,

CatNipped

Sadly, a lot of people don't think of animals as caring, loving, living
beings. I suppose the laws in some places are getting more strict or at
least the courts are enforcing them more, but sadly, not enough or not
strictly enough.

Jill

Old February 26th 05, 10:48 PM
Gabey8

[[ What happened to the 14-year-old? He has to go to anger management
counseling!

At age 14, that "child" should know better. That child is showing
tendencies towards becoming a serial or spree killer. Total disregard
for
an animal to feel pain is one of the first signs. "Anger management" is
IMHO a cop-out. So this sullen kid will sit with a counselor, or maybe
in
group setting, and do what? Nothing. ]]

My pity goes out to the kid's parents (and, of course, the cat, the
totally innocent party in all this).

If that were my kid, first of all I'd be enraged at him for harming any
animal, let alone the family cat. Because I LOVE my cats, if I had a child
I'd love the child, and I can't think of much worse of a situation to face
than to have a loved family member do harm to a loved pet.

BUT... if that were my kid, I'd check him into a hospital so fast, his
head would spin. That kid needs MAJOR psychological help, if there's to be
any hope that he will stop causing harm to animals. Not to mention, if
there's to be any hope of preventing him from "graduating" to harming
humans.

What a horrid, horrid situation. ( That family HAS no happy ending or
easy answer.

And if they're wise, they won't have PETS, either, until this situation
gets resolved.

Donna

Old February 26th 05, 11:12 PM
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

CatNipped wrote:

I know, I shouldn't watch this show - we just talked about this. Just saw a
show where a 14-year-old tied a cat with rope and dragged it behind his
bike, then doused the cat with lighter fluid and set her on fire! The poor
cat was so badly burned that her ears were gone! She recovered and was
adopted, and the little sweetie is still playful, loving, and trusting with
her new slave and her kids!!!!

What happened to the 14-year-old? He has to go to anger management
counseling!

I need to go throw up now! People make me sick! And for gawd's sake *WHEN*
are we going to get some tougher laws regarding animal cruelty and
enforcement of those laws?

Look on the bright side: At least thre ARE laws, now (most
places). There WAS a time when whatever people chose to do
to their animals (or kids) had no legal repercussions,
unless they tried it with other people's "property"! (And
then if it was "only an animal", all the owner could do was
take the culprit to civil court and sue him/her.)

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old February 26th 05, 11:20 PM

jmcquown wrote:

Sadly, a lot of people don't think of animals as caring, loving, living
beings.

According to veterinarian Alan Schoen (authour of "Kindred
Spirits"), even as late as the mid-1960's, when he was in
veterinarly school, most of his instructors taught that
"animals don't feel pain the way we do"! People's attitudes
toward the "lower" animlas have changed a great deal (for
the better) in the past fifty years.

Old February 26th 05, 11:53 PM
MaryL

"Gabey8" wrote in message
lkaboutpets.com...
[...]

I don't know anything about this situation, but it's possible that the
parents are also abusive -- a cycle of violence. I would like to think that
he has loving, concerned parents who would follow through on counseling, but
I know that many of these cases actually follow a pattern of violence (with
parents who "could care less" about animal abuse).

MaryL

Old February 27th 05, 12:19 AM
Mary

MaryL wrote:
"Gabey8" wrote in message
lkaboutpets.com...

[...]

Sad but very true. Anyone in social work would agree.
Old February 27th 05, 12:24 AM
Cheryl

On Sat 26 Feb 2005 06:53:52p, MaryL wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes (news:i_7Ud.32853$Zr.29185@okepread03):

I don't know anything about this situation, but it's possible
that the parents are also abusive -- a cycle of violence. I
would like to think that he has loving, concerned parents who
would follow through on counseling, but I know that many of
these cases actually follow a pattern of violence (with parents
who "could care less" about animal abuse).

I tried not to read this thread because I don't typically when there
is an abuse warning, but I thought the same thing. What went on in
his childhood? Something led him to abusing animals.

--
Cheryl
Old February 27th 05, 12:40 AM
Tanada

Cheryl wrote:

On Sat 26 Feb 2005 06:53:52p, MaryL wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes (news:i_7Ud.32853$Zr.29185@okepread03):

I don't know anything about this situation, but it's possible
that the parents are also abusive -- a cycle of violence. I
would like to think that he has loving, concerned parents who
would follow through on counseling, but I know that many of
these cases actually follow a pattern of violence (with parents
who "could care less" about animal abuse).

I tried not to read this thread because I don't typically when there
is an abuse warning, but I thought the same thing. What went on in
his childhood? Something led him to abusing animals.

Sometimes it is not the parent. Sometimes there is a medical reason for
a child acting like this and no matter what the parent does, the medical
and counseling system will not help. We went through this with our
oldest child, Jason. No one would listen to us and told us that as long
as he was only a threat to our family, they couldn't do anything about
him. Sadly, he went too far. We have not seen him since he went into a
residential treatment program when he was 14. The psychological
diagnoses was that he was a paranoid schizophrenic with antisocial and
narcissistic tendencies. We'd been trying to get help for him since he
was three.

Pam S.
Old February 27th 05, 12:47 AM
CatNipped

"Tanada" wrote in message
ink.net...

Sometimes it is not the parent. Sometimes there is a medical reason for
a child acting like this and no matter what the parent does, the medical
and counseling system will not help. We went through this with our
oldest child, Jason. No one would listen to us and told us that as long
as he was only a threat to our family, they couldn't do anything about
him. Sadly, he went too far. We have not seen him since he went into a
residential treatment program when he was 14. The psychological
diagnoses was that he was a paranoid schizophrenic with antisocial and
narcissistic tendencies. We'd been trying to get help for him since he
was three.

Pam S.

{{{{{{{{{{Pam}}}}}}}}}}

You've had way more than your share of travails in this life haven't you
sweetie. Yet you still keep your sense of humor and manage to soldier on -
I'm in awe!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Abuse Warning CatNipped Cat anecdotes 17 January 8th 05 12:25 AM
UPDATE :: One reason I *don't* like IU students in general (ABUSE WARNING) Magic Mood JeepĀ© Cat anecdotes 0 December 18th 04 06:00 PM
ABUSE WARNING Magic Mood JeepĀ© Cat anecdotes 0 October 26th 04 10:29 PM
They call it art!!X%! (abuse warning) dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers Cat anecdotes 15 September 15th 04 05:37 PM
(US OH) Dog Pound workers armed with license to kill; animal abuse evident [email protected] Cat anecdotes 14 July 22nd 04 10:54 AM