Could I move to Scotland?!

Old May 3rd 06, 05:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Could I move to Scotland?!

On 03 May 2006 03:37:32 GMT, Chakolate
wrote:

"Christina Websell" wrote in
:

Note my words. IT'S TOO
COLD UP THERE!

Too cold? From a page about Scotland's climate: "January and February
are the coldest months, averaging 41°F to 45°F (5°C to 7°C), and summer
has average temperatures of 66°F (19°C) during its warmest months of July
and August." The hottest months average 66 and the coldest average 41?
Sounds like paradise to me.

Chak

Also, keep in mind that there are very long days in the summer and
very long nights in the winter, due to the high-latitude location.

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from
Old May 3rd 06, 05:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Chakolate wrote:

Too cold? From a page about Scotland's climate: "January and February
are the coldest months, averaging 41?F to 45?F (5?C to 7?C), and summer
has average temperatures of 66?F (19?C) during its warmest months of July
and August." The hottest months average 66 and the coldest average 41?
Sounds like paradise to me.

Wow, that's even more temperate than where I live! Here it ranges
between low 40s (4-ish C) and high 80s (30C), sometimes hitting the
3 digits (100F = 38C) in the middle of the summer. So occasionally
it gets a little too hot for my comfort (which is why I finally bought
a car with A/C a few years ago), but usually it's quite comfortable.

Sounds like Scotland doesn't have a lot of variety in temperature,
and it stays right in the middle. Very pleasant-sounding to me.

Joyce
Old May 3rd 06, 06:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

OK, win the lottery and then move to Scotland.

Sandy, who is going to win the lottery just as soon as she figures out how
to do it without buying tickets

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"jmcquown" wrote in message
Please.... with my cat and my small parrot

Love you guys!

Jill

Why do you want to move to Scotland? Very cold weather, no work. Nice
scenery. Think again.

Tweed (half Scottish herself)

Old May 3rd 06, 07:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

" wrote in
ups.com:

Interesting. I think we have here a difference of opinion with a fact
in the middle. How to explain this discrepancy? Just what is the range
and the cities being used for the temps?

Glasgow and Edinburgh.

Chak

--
There is something wonderful in seeing a wrong-headed majority assailed
by truth.
Old May 3rd 06, 07:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Matthew AKA NMR wrote:
"Christina Websell" wrote in
message ...

"jmcquown" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
Please.... with my cat and my small parrot

Love you guys!

Jill

Why do you want to move to Scotland? Very cold weather, no work.
Nice scenery. Think again.

Tweed (half Scottish herself)

Well, ya know... McQuown, Douglas, Brown (Broun)

Jill

Not a good enough reason. Stay where you are. I'm more Scottish
than you are and I wouldn't dream of going to live there. Note my
words. IT'S TOO COLD UP THERE!

Tweed

Rather be to cold than have 90 degrees 8 am wake up calls

Try 100F degrees in the shade with tornados, earthquakes and did I mention
100F degrees? I do have the tornadic weather last week to thank for this
cool spell, though. It only got up to 82F today!

Jill

Old May 3rd 06, 07:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Jo Firey wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
Please.... with my cat and my small parrot

Love you guys!

Jill

Just remember that our ancestors were a sensible sort. And they
emigrated.

Jo

My Dad's ancestors were actually sold as indentured servants. Fascinating
story, really

Mom's parents, yes, they emigrated. Just a couple of years after the
Titanic sank, and yes, in steerage. They must have been rather brave to get
on a boat crossing the north Atlantic shortly after hearing about that fun
ship, eh?

Jill

Old May 3rd 06, 08:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"jmcquown" wrote in message
Please.... with my cat and my small parrot

Love you guys!

Jill

Why?

Cold
Wet
Midges that eat you alive before breakfast

But the scenery is nice :-)

And the place where I was racially abused for being English...

Cheers, helen s
(part-Scot)

Old May 3rd 06, 10:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wafflycat wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
Please.... with my cat and my small parrot

Jill

Why?

Cold
Wet
Midges that eat you alive before breakfast

But the scenery is nice :-)

And the place where I was racially abused for being English...

Cheers, helen s
(part-Scot)

How about because I like scones with clotted cream? G

Jill

Old May 3rd 06, 10:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

jmcquown wrote:
wafflycat wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
Please.... with my cat and my small parrot

Jill

Why?

Cold
Wet
Midges that eat you alive before breakfast

But the scenery is nice :-)

And the place where I was racially abused for being English...

Cheers, helen s
(part-Scot)

How about because I like scones with clotted cream? G

Jill

The best place for those is, Devon or Cornwall. Of course you can get good
ones anywhere in Britain.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.