Howard B needs your help!

Old May 5th 06, 09:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Howard B needs your help!

On Sat, 06 May 2006 11:22:19 -0600, Monique Y. Mudama wrote:

I got an email from an associate of Howard Berkowitz asking me to call
Howard.

He's in a mess and needs advice, and if anyone is anywhere near
Virginia, possibly your help.

Oh crap! Howard sure doesn't need that.

I'm way out in California, so there isn't a lot I can do in that regard. I
would be glad, though, to PayPal some cash his way if that would help.

Dan
Old May 6th 06, 06:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

I got an email from an associate of Howard Berkowitz asking me to call
Howard.

He's in a mess and needs advice, and if anyone is anywhere near
Virginia, possibly your help.

I'm sure you all know that he was moving to St. Louis from Arlington,
VA to start a new job.

The short story: his car had a spectacular mechanical failure while
still in Arlington, and Howard spent a couple of days in the hospital.
Mr. Clark freaked out at the movers, ran out the door, and won't come
back. Howard needs to fly, rather than drive, and he doesn't have the
vet certs and immunization records needed to fly his three cats. His
water etc. has already been turned off, as well as internet access,
and he really was supposed to move by Monday (two days from now).

What Howard is looking for right now:

1a) Someone who could possibly keep his 3 cats at their house for
several weeks, giving him time to assemble the necessary paperwork for
the flight. He will also be back in VA in a few weeks, so he could
possibly drive back at that time.

1b) OR, long shot, someone who is driving from VA to St. Louis and could
drive the cats. He has a large dog crate in which all three cats fit
comfortably.

2) Any information on pet shipping services. He's looked into Jet A
Pet, which handles all the paperwork, and PetAir, which doesn't. He'd
like to hear about any experiences, cost, satisfaction, etc.

As you may remember, Howard's cash flow is expected to resume once
he's in St. Louis working, but for now he's strapped, meaning that
he can't just pay someone to board the cats right now (although he
expects to be able to once he gets to St. Louis).

I have Howard's cell phone number, so if you can help at all, please
ask me for the number (the email address I use here does work, or you
can use monique --- at --- bounceswoosh --- dot --- org. I've also
told him I'll relay any messages here by phone to him.

The long story:
Howard believes that he can get Mr. Clark back into the house. He had
Mr. Clark in his arms once, but then he tried to put him in a
too-small carrier, and Mr. Clark freaked and ran off. Next time he
plans to simply hold Mr. Clark and possibly hold his scruff to
immobilize him when bringing him inside. If anyone has any further
ideas on bringing Mr. Clark back, they're welcome, but Howard believes
he can handle this part.

I didn't quite grasp all the details of the vehicle accident, but I
believe Howard is okay now (geez, it didn't even occur to me to ask).
He said he tried to get out of the medical facility sooner, but they
kept him longer than he wanted.

Um ... I'm sure there's more that I should relay, but I can't recall.

Please, if you or someone you know could keep his cats for a few
weeks, or if you know someone who could help transport the cats, or if
you have any other ideas on what to do, please contact Howard (email
me for his phone number). He's at his wits' end.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old May 6th 06, 07:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Monique Y. Mudama wrote:
I got an email from an associate of Howard Berkowitz asking me to call
Howard.

He's in a mess and needs advice, and if anyone is anywhere near
Virginia, possibly your help.

snip

As I'm in England there's nothing I can do but send purrs, these are in
abundence. I hope Howard gets a break soon and that Mr. Clark settles down
and is able to be transported to his new home.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old May 6th 06, 07:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Please, if you or someone you know could keep his cats for a few
weeks, or if you know someone who could help transport the cats, or if
you have any other ideas on what to do, please contact Howard (email
me for his phone number). He's at his wits' end.

How do we email you?

Lurker Chris lives in Fairfax VA maybe he can be of some assistance.
christo829 at juno dot com.

Old May 6th 06, 07:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Pat wrote:

Lurker Chris lives in Fairfax VA maybe he can be of some assistance.
christo829 at juno dot com.

I have lurker Chris's phone numbers - do you want me to call him and
see if he can help?

Helen M

Old May 6th 06, 08:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

I have lurker Chris's phone numbers - do you want me to call him and
see if he can help?

Helen M

Are you asking me? If so, I'd say yes, it wouldn't hurt to call him.

Old May 6th 06, 09:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

How do we email you?

Sorry, I missed that address in the body of your original post.

Old May 6th 06, 10:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-05-06, Pat penned:
Please, if you or someone you know could keep his cats for a few
weeks, or if you know someone who could help transport the cats, or
if you have any other ideas on what to do, please contact Howard
(email me for his phone number). He's at his wits' end.

How do we email you?

The email address I post from, or monique --- at --- bounceswoosh ---
dot -- org

Lurker Chris lives in Fairfax VA maybe he can be of some assistance.
christo829 at juno dot com.

Thank you. I'm a little apprehensive about singling someone out;
maybe he will see this and respond?

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old May 6th 06, 10:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Monique Y. Mudama wrote:

Thank you. I'm a little apprehensive about singling someone out;
maybe he will see this and respond?///

I've rung both his cell and home - he's not around, so i'll try him
later.

Helen M