Howard B needs your help!

Old May 6th 06, 10:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Howard B needs your help!

On 2006-05-05, Cat Dude penned:
On Sat, 06 May 2006 11:22:19 -0600, Monique Y. Mudama wrote:

I got an email from an associate of Howard Berkowitz asking me to
call Howard.

He's in a mess and needs advice, and if anyone is anywhere near
Virginia, possibly your help.

Oh crap! Howard sure doesn't need that.

I'm way out in California, so there isn't a lot I can do in that
regard. I would be glad, though, to PayPal some cash his way if that
would help.

Dan, he actually said that he had emailed you personally to ask some
questions, I think wanting to pick your brain about storage ideas you
may have encountered during your travelling days.

I'm sure money would help; I don't know his financial details, though,
and I think you somehow have to be set up to get money via paypal (?)

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old May 6th 06, 10:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

OK, here are my thoughts for what they are worth..

What Howard is looking for right now:

1a) Someone who could possibly keep his 3 cats at their house for
several weeks, giving him time to assemble the necessary paperwork for
the flight. He will also be back in VA in a few weeks, so he could
possibly drive back at that time.////

Debra Berry is also in that neck of the woods - she may be able to
help. Hopefully she'll see this - I have her email address if she
doesn't respond that I can pass on to you.

2) Any information on pet shipping services. He's looked into Jet A
Pet, which handles all the paperwork, and PetAir, which doesn't. He'd
like to hear about any experiences, cost, satisfaction, etc./////

American Airlines are pretty good - I'm not sure what their current
charges are, but they cost circa $300 for me to fly 2 large crates with
Pandora and Tiger from Houston to Washington DC. I think it's about
$80/$100 a pet accompanied. American are great with pets.

http://www.aa.com/content/travelInfo...horEvent=false

http://tinyurl.com/o9fvr

Although American only allow 2 pets as Cargo per passenger, there is
nothing to stop Howard taking the third cat in the cabin, I guess.

Good luck, and if I can help, let me know.

Helen M

Old May 6th 06, 11:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Monique Y. Mudama" wrote in message
I got an email from an associate of Howard Berkowitz asking me to call
Howard.

He's in a mess and needs advice, and if anyone is anywhere near
Virginia, possibly your help.

Can't do much except purr (being in Oz & all), but the purrs are coming in
abundance.

Yowie

Old May 7th 06, 12:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-05-05, Cat Dude penned:
On Sat, 06 May 2006 11:22:19 -0600, Monique Y. Mudama wrote:

I got an email from an associate of Howard Berkowitz asking me to
call Howard.

He's in a mess and needs advice, and if anyone is anywhere near
Virginia, possibly your help.

Oh crap! Howard sure doesn't need that.

I'm way out in California, so there isn't a lot I can do in that
regard. I would be glad, though, to PayPal some cash his way if that
would help.

Dan, he actually said that he had emailed you personally to ask some
questions, I think wanting to pick your brain about storage ideas you
may have encountered during your travelling days.

I'm sure money would help; I don't know his financial details, though,
and I think you somehow have to be set up to get money via paypal (?)

--

I'm sorry that I can't do anything from England except send purrs. I have
full confidence that this group will be able to help Howard. He's always

Tweed

Old May 7th 06, 02:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default UPDATE Howard B needs your help!

On 2006-05-06, Monique Y. Mudama penned:
I got an email from an associate of Howard Berkowitz asking me to
call Howard.

He's in a mess and needs advice, and if anyone is anywhere near
Virginia, possibly your help.

Things are looking much better now, I think.

Howard's ex-wife has offered to take the cats, which means they will
be in Cape Cod. They also know her, so that will be less stressful
than other arrangments.

Mr. Clark still hasn't been captured; if he isn't by the time Howard
needs to leave, a friend of his in the Baltimore area has offered to
take Mr. Clark.

Howard sounds a lot better this evening than he did this morning. He
will call me so that I can let everyone know if Mr. Clark is found.

He still is very interested in any pet shipping experiences and
recommendations that anyone can make. It sounds like now it will be
from Cape Cod to St. Louis, and also possibly from Baltimore if Mr.
Clark doesn't make himself available this weekend.

As for the several of you who have offered to help Howard financially,
he says thank you but he thinks that part is under control. His most
urgent need is for advice about getting the cats from point A to point
B safely.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old May 7th 06, 03:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Monique Y. Mudama wrote:

I got an email from an associate of Howard Berkowitz asking me to call
Howard.

The short story: his car had a spectacular mechanical failure while
still in Arlington, and Howard spent a couple of days in the hospital.
Mr. Clark freaked out at the movers, ran out the door, and won't come
back.

Poor Howard!! He has had so much misfortune in such a short time, and
now this!

Purrs for him to recover from the accident, get Mr. Clark back, and get
them all moved safely!

Joyce
Old May 7th 06, 04:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-05-06 20:21:26 -0500, "Monique Y. Mudama" said:

On 2006-05-06, Monique Y. Mudama penned:
[...]

All I can offer is purrs. I sure hope he gets Mr. Clark soon

Old May 7th 06, 04:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default UPDATE #2 Howard B needs your help!

On 2006-05-07, Monique Y. Mudama penned:

Mr. Clark still hasn't been captured; if he isn't by the time Howard
needs to leave, a friend of his in the Baltimore area has offered to
take Mr. Clark.

Mr. Clark is now safely home. There seems to be some question about
whether the aforementioned people really want to take on three cats,
but Howard sounded much better and hopes that he'll figure something
out tomorrow.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old May 7th 06, 05:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Mr. Clark is now safely home. There seems to be some question about
whether the aforementioned people really want to take on three cats,
but Howard sounded much better and hopes that he'll figure something
out tomorrow.

Of course he's much better knowing that his Mr. Clark is safe. Purrs that
the rest of his difficulties are eased quickly and smoothly.

Old May 7th 06, 05:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Sat, 6 May 2006 21:35:11 -0600, "Monique Y. Mudama"

On 2006-05-07, Monique Y. Mudama penned:

Mr. Clark still hasn't been captured; if he isn't by the time Howard
needs to leave, a friend of his in the Baltimore area has offered to
take Mr. Clark.

Mr. Clark is now safely home. There seems to be some question about
whether the aforementioned people really want to take on three cats,
but Howard sounded much better and hopes that he'll figure something
out tomorrow.

Great news!
Thanks for keeping us updated. I hope things improve for Howard very
soon and that his ex will take good care of the cats until he has
arranged to ship them to their new home. Mr Clark, Ding and Rhonda
are very much part of the RPCA family and we're all concerned that
they should be safe, happy and taking good care of Howard.

Tish