Britta: so how does Vino like his new digs?

Old May 10th 06, 06:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Britta: so how does Vino like his new digs?

I'll bet it's a happy day at the Wilson house today! Has Vino been
enjoying checking out the new place? He must be happy to be able to
wander freely. And you both must be glad to have Dennis home!

When you're able to visit RPCA after attending to the cat and the
hubby, let us know how it's going!

Joyce
Old May 10th 06, 11:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wrote:
I'll bet it's a happy day at the Wilson house today! Has Vino been
enjoying checking out the new place? He must be happy to be able to
wander freely. And you both must be glad to have Dennis home!

When you're able to visit RPCA after attending to the cat and the
hubby, let us know how it's going!

Joyce

Hey Joyce, check out my other thread titled "Vino's sprung!". He's
doing really well so far. He's such a good boy, he settles into new
places really quickly. Took him only a couple of days to be completely
comfortable in that apartment in Malaysia.
Right now he's meatloafing on the back of the couch again. He tries to
stay awake and keep an eye on his surroundings, but he keeps going all
squinty eyed. I think it won't be too long before he's out cold.
This is definitely the biggest house he's ever lived in. I've kept the
doors of the 3 spare bedrooms closed for now and am letting him just
explore the rest of the house for now. Even that is huge!
I'm really looking forward to having a cuddly cat in bed with me
tonight! It's been a month except for those few nights at Helen's when
some of her cats kept me company.
No Dennis yet, he gets in tomorrow. He managed to get a really early
flight into Singapore, but still has to wait till almost midnight for
his flight to Perth. He emailed from the airport and said he's off to
go shopping in Singapore and might visit the zoo as well.
I've got a bottle of bubbly from a local winery in the fridge for our
celebration tomorrow :-)
--
Britta
Purring is an automatic safety valve device for dealing with happiness

Old May 10th 06, 05:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

badwilson wrote:

doing really well so far. He's such a good boy, he settles into new
places really quickly. Took him only a couple of days to be completely
comfortable in that apartment in Malaysia.
Right now he's meatloafing on the back of the couch again. He tries to
stay awake and keep an eye on his surroundings, but he keeps going all
squinty eyed. I think it won't be too long before he's out cold.

How cute! And it must help that you have some familiar items in the
house that he can recognize. Is he meatloafing on the same couch you had
in Thailand? If so, he's probably smelling his own scent, as well as
yours, which must be comforting to him. But also, he just sounds like
a really mellow cat.

This is definitely the biggest house he's ever lived in. I've kept the
doors of the 3 spare bedrooms closed for now and am letting him just
explore the rest of the house for now. Even that is huge!

That's a good idea. Let him get used to the larger space more slowly.

Give him some scritches for me!

Joyce
Old May 11th 06, 10:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

badwilson wrote:

Hey Joyce, check out my other thread titled "Vino's sprung!". He's
doing really well so far. He's such a good boy, he settles into new
places really quickly. Took him only a couple of days to be completely
comfortable in that apartment in Malaysia.
Right now he's meatloafing on the back of the couch again. He tries to
stay awake and keep an eye on his surroundings, but he keeps going all
squinty eyed. I think it won't be too long before he's out cold.

snip

I'm so glad to hear Vino is adjusting to his new surroundings so well!
Best wishes,
Polonca and Soncek