Peppermint tea?

Old June 1st 06, 01:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Peppermint tea?

On 2006-05-31, Kreisleriana penned:

I had once made myself a nice potato-mushroom soup with lots of
dill...

Is there a recipe for that soup?

Speaking of recipes, I want a recipe for that banana pudding with the
Nilla wafers and so forth!

Joyce

Its on the Nabisco Vanilla wafer box I'd guess.

And there are fancy version on the internet with meringue topping etc.

Anyway, we just layer vanilla wafers, sliced bananas, and vanilla pudding.
Chill and top with whipped cream.

Jo

Old June 1st 06, 01:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-06-01, Jo Firey penned:

And there are fancy version on the internet with meringue topping
etc.

Anyway, we just layer vanilla wafers, sliced bananas, and vanilla
pudding. Chill and top with whipped cream.

Jo

I thought it usually had banana-flavored pudding.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old June 1st 06, 01:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Jo Firey" wrote in message
om...

On 2006-05-31, Kreisleriana penned:

I had once made myself a nice potato-mushroom soup with lots of
dill...

Is there a recipe for that soup?

Speaking of recipes, I want a recipe for that banana pudding with the
Nilla wafers and so forth!

Joyce

Its on the Nabisco Vanilla wafer box I'd guess.

And there are fancy version on the internet with meringue topping etc.

Anyway, we just layer vanilla wafers, sliced bananas, and vanilla pudding.
Chill and top with whipped cream.

Jo

I am getting hungry reading all these post on food, and I already had
supper.
Guess I can always have a late night snack.

Winnie

Old June 1st 06, 04:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Stinky's Intoxicating Potato-Mushroom Soup

On 2006-05-31, Kreisleriana penned:

I had once made myself a nice potato-mushroom soup with lots of
dill...

Is there a recipe for that soup?

1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
13/4 lb. russet potatoes, peeled, coarsely chopped, 4 1/2 cups)
1/2 cup chopped shallots
5 cups canned low-salt chicken broth
1/2 tsp. caraway seeds
2 tsp. chopped fresh marjoram or 1 tsp. dried
4 T. whipping cream
2 tsp. white wine vinegar
Ground white pepper
51/2 ounces assorted fresh mushrooms : (such as crimini, button and
stemmed shiitake), sliced

Melt butter in heavy large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add
potatoes and shallots; sauté until shallots are tender, about 3
minutes. Add 4 cups broth, caraway seeds and marjoram. Bring to boil.
Reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are very tender, about 20
minutes. Stir in 2 T. whipping cream. Working in batches, purée soup
in blender. Return mixture to saucepan. Stir in vinegar. Thin with
more broth, if desired. Season to taste with white pepper and salt.
Heat remaining 2 T. cream in heavy small skillet over medium-high
heat. Add mushrooms and cook until tender and golden, stirring
frequently, about 5 minutes. Ladle soup into bowls. Garnish with dill
weed and serve.
Makes 4 servings

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old June 1st 06, 04:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Kreisleriana wrote:

[...]

Sounds yummy! I saved it in my recipe collection as 'Stinky's
Intoxicating Potato-Mushroom Soup.' If I get around to making it, I hope
Caliban doesn't fall into it.

Old June 1st 06, 04:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-06-01, Jo Firey penned:

And there are fancy version on the internet with meringue topping
etc.

Anyway, we just layer vanilla wafers, sliced bananas, and vanilla
pudding. Chill and top with whipped cream.

Jo

I thought it usually had banana-flavored pudding.

It certainly can, but banana flavored pudding hasn't been around all that
long. I'm thinking a bit of coconut flavor along with some toasted coconut
for the top would be good too.

Some of the recipes even had home made pudding. A little too complicated
for me.

Jo

Old June 1st 06, 04:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-06-01, Kreisleriana penned:

1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
[...]

Thanks so much! Love the name, too.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old June 2nd 06, 10:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

you can always ask the experts

"Karen" wrote in message
Pearl wants to drink some of my peppermint tea! Is peppermint tea ok for
cats?

Old June 6th 06, 02:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

In article ,
Jo Firey wrote:

wrote in message
.. .

On 2006-05-31, Kreisleriana penned:

I had once made myself a nice potato-mushroom soup with lots of
dill...

Is there a recipe for that soup?

Speaking of recipes, I want a recipe for that banana pudding with the
Nilla wafers and so forth!

Joyce

Its on the Nabisco Vanilla wafer box I'd guess.

And there are fancy version on the internet with meringue topping etc.

Anyway, we just layer vanilla wafers, sliced bananas, and vanilla pudding.
Chill and top with whipped cream.

Jo

The recipe I have is for Southern Banana Pudding, and uses whipped cream
mixed with the vanilla pudding, too. It's very rich and totally
delicious. I've never made it yet, but I LOVE it when I find it.

Jane

Old June 8th 06, 12:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

by William Hamblen May 30, 2006 at 03:46 PM

On 2006-05-30, Helen Miles wrote:
"Karen" wrote in message

Pearl wants to drink some of my peppermint tea! Is peppermint tea ok

for cats?

When Lily went through her "taste mommy's peppermint tea" phase, *SHE*
seemed fine. But my tea wasn't....she sneezed in it!

I had a cat that was greedy for anything I happened to be eating. Once
while eating some raw cucumber I saw the cat licking its chops and broke
off a piece of cucumber for it. It took a sniff and gave me the most
obvious "You've got to be kidding!" expression before it trotted off.

With some cats, they don't actually want to eat it, but must be offered
some. I'd give Spicey a taste and she'd try to bury it and stalk off.
Suz&Spicey