how to relax

Old August 16th 04, 06:15 AM
lnsanecat

Default how to relax

Tonight as i prepared for bed. I decided to take a long hot soak in the
tub. As i was laying in the water with my eyes shut i hear the a thud and
there is Max sitting on the edge of the tub. Looking at me like i've lost
my mind. then I look over and there is ginger sitting on top of the close
hamper looking at me and then looking at max like max has lost his mind
because he's so close. Close as in his tail has 4 inches of it dangleing in
the water. On the toilet is Tessa who is just as amused by my bath as the
other two and Sadie is standing in the doorway. I guess my bath time is a
family thing now. I asked them why they didn't just go open the front door
and let the whole neighborhood in. They just stared at me. So I close my
eyes to relax some more and hear scratching. Not only have all 4 cats
decided that they wanna help. My rabbit is now trying to jump in with me.
For animals that don't like water they seem to like it just fine when it
involves me. I swear max is gonna climb right in with me. I guess he
figures if i'm not scared of it why should he be. I'm thinking of putting
the fishtank in the bathroom too. That way EVERYONE can joine me next time!
anyhow just had to share i'm sure you've all had such wonderful bath time
fun

Old August 16th 04, 06:22 AM
Seanette Blaylock

"lnsanecat" had some very interesting things
to say about how to relax:

[...]

Felix likes to sit on the edge of the tub to be petted while I'm in
the tub. He also likes to taste-test bubble bath and/or water.

BTW, careful with the rabbit getting in there. I'm told by a reliable
source that they can't swim.

Old August 16th 04, 09:54 AM

lnsanecat wrote:

Tonight as i prepared for bed. I decided to take a long hot soak in the
tub. As i was laying in the water with my eyes shut i hear the a thud and
there is Max sitting on the edge of the tub. Looking at me like i've lost
my mind. then I look over and there is ginger sitting on top of the close
hamper looking at me and then looking at max like max has lost his mind
because he's so close. Close as in his tail has 4 inches of it dangleing in
the water. On the toilet is Tessa who is just as amused by my bath as the
other two and Sadie is standing in the doorway. I guess my bath time is a
family thing now.

LOL! So glad you've found a way to ensure getting so much attention from
your cats. I'll bet they weren't giving you the time of day before you
decided to engage in such weird behavior as actually immersing yourself
in *water*. Maybe you should have programs printed up for your next bath,
so they can better follow the show.

Joyce

Old August 16th 04, 10:54 AM
O J

On Mon, 16 Aug, lnsanecat wrote:

---------------------snip----------------------
They just stared at me. So I close my
eyes to relax some more and hear scratching. Not only have all 4 cats
decided that they wanna help

We almost always take showers. They leave me alone, but if DH is in
there, she can almost guarantee a visit by Sumo, who will jump from
the toilet seat to the top rail of the stall shower. He'd be happy
enough just to sit there, but if he gets splashed by a stray water
droplet, he will meow and complain.

When DH has to use the toilet, it does no good to close the door, the
cats scratch at it and poke their little paws under it.

Regards and Purrs,
O J