Does A Cat's Color Affect Personality/ Disposition?

Old December 23rd 04, 02:11 AM
Melanie's Phony Email Address for NGs

Default Does A Cat's Color Affect Personality/ Disposition?

Not necessarily my cats, but cats I have had in my life (all neutered
or spayed)

F Siamese Seal Point - not friendly
F Siamese Tabby Point - Neurotic B***ch
M White cat - gentle, loving and cuddly
M Black Cat - moderately friendly
M Tuxedo Cat - sweetie pie and affectionate
F Tuxedo Cat - sweetie pie and affectionate but skittish
F White long hair - moderately friendly
B Male Cat with white spot - sweetie pie and affectionate
F Orange long hair tuxedo tabby (gosh got all the bases covered with
this girl!)- sweetest female cat I've ever met

And next, my current kitty:

F black, brown tuxedo tabby - CAN be affectionate CAN be sweet and CAN
be a b**tch (LOL)

All in all, and no disrespect to my cat, but I think male cats are
nicer. Possibly see a pattern with colour. I have met several white
short h male cats that were such sweetie pies!

~Melanie
Old December 23rd 04, 04:07 AM
Slimpickins

wrote in message om...
[...]

**This was interesting. Thanks for your input, Melanie. And I agree with
you, I also prefer male cats. My dear 'baby', Blue, was a male. Years ago,
my roommate decided to adopt Blue's sister*, Dink, when they were both still
babies/ kittens.

Well, 'Dink' was Wild, completely* opposite of how Blue acted. She was a
hellion! She wouldn't obey an 'order' worth a toot. When she was upset,
about God knows what, she would simply pee on my roommate's shoes, and
always seemed to have bad behavior issues. Fortunately for me, my roommate
moved out a year or so later and took Dink with her..Thank God!

Blue, on the other hand never, ever did this, nor did he scratch, bite me
or hiss at me, which was pretty much the norm for Dink.

Dink was a medium-haired apricot colored (& faintly striped) tabby. Blue was
a medium haired, white, flame-point, male.

The only female I've had as my own was 'Cali', a gorgeous, medium haired
calico. She was, as I've posted, a total 'drama queen', a 'bell of the ball'
female. She was very sweet, obviously quite special, very noticable and
unique.

My sister had a female cat named 'Kitty', who lived to be 19. This was in
the late sixties. Kitty had some* behavioral issues, though she was verry
sweet to Humans, she hated and Despised other cats, and would get verrry
jealous. Her personality seemed to change, completely, after we got her
fixed, but she had had several litters by that time and I always assumed
this had something to do with it. 'Kitty' was Grey, with black stripes, a
gray tabby.

Currently, I have 2 males. 'Dove' a medium haired, white kitten, w/ one
blue eye and one hazel eye. He is gentle, very sensitive, and observant. And
Jessie, a male, almost 1 year old. Jessie is very hyper, sweet, but skittish
and nervous acting. He's been this way since he was a kitten, and is black
and white and looks like Sylvester the cat (cartoon). As a kitten, he acted
like the Tasmanian devil on speed. I naively thought at the time that he'd
'grow out of it', and he has calmed down a small bit, but he's been a major
test on my patience and nervous system.

ML

Old December 24th 04, 02:35 AM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2004-12-23, Slimpickins penned:

The only female I've had as my own was 'Cali', a gorgeous, medium haired
calico. She was, as I've posted, a total 'drama queen', a 'bell of the ball'
female. She was very sweet, obviously quite special, very noticable and
unique.

They're all "obviously quite special" and unique =P

--
monique, who is sometimes allowed to pet Oscar, a grey^H^H^H^Hblue-cream DLH
with an attitude!