Census. Please respond.

Old June 8th 08, 02:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla `=^. .^=`[_2_]

Default Census. Please respond.

Current cats
For each cat, please answer:

Name: Mosey
Gender: neutered male Breed: DLH
Colour: Gray and White with white feet, and a floompy tail
Age: 6
Source of cat: Pet Store.
Mosey is the Unkl of Pookie

Name: Pookie
Gender: now neutered male
Breed: DSH
Colour: Black and white, with white feet
Age: 4
Source of cat: Pet store.
Pookie is married to Sqweex

Name: Sqweex
Gender: now neutered female
Breed: Longhair Torti
Colour: Mixed brown & white with black swirls and a floompy tail, white
feet.
Age: 4 Source of cat: Doctor's receptionist

Sqweex is the Mommy of Pipps

Name: Pipps
Breed: DSH
Color: brown with black swirls
Age 2
Source of cat: Born to Sqweex (the only survivor of 3 bitties)

~ ~ ~

We also don't want to forget the cats that are no longer with us. Feel
free
to list any other cats you have been slave to:

I have 16 other cats that have gone to RB over the years
Murphy, Maxwell, Phoebe, Foozle, Capt. Nemo, Howard, Wendall, .
Slapper, Redrum, Bart, Moxie, Raggs, Dixie, Muggins, Molly,

Mutt, went to RB Dec 9, 2007 at age 19, on his own from kidney failure
..
Molly was Mosey's big sister, obtained at a pet store. She loved to climb,
and fell off the roof and broke herself and we had to have her pts.
Molly was about 8 months old.
Raggs was shot by a mean old lady neighbor. He was about a year old.
The rest had to be pts over the 31+ years DH and I have been together,
because of kidney failure.
They were all SO special.
~ ~ ~

About us:

Gender: Female
Your age: 63
Birthday month: April
Location: Washington State, USA
Number of cats you are slave to at the moment: 4
Maximum number of cats you've had at any one time: 9
How long have you been with RPCA?: 3 months
(If you can remember) How did you find RPCA?: Flippy told me about RPCA

Kyla

Old June 8th 08, 02:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sam

Current cats
For each cat, please answer:

Name: Mistletoe (aka Missy)
Gender: spayed female
Breed: multiple
Colour: dilute tabby
Age: 9.5 YO
Source of cat: adopted from shelter

We also don't want to forget the cats that are no longer with us. Feel
free to list any other cats you have been slave to:

Whe Rainbow Bridge
Name: Smokey
Gender: neutered male
Breed: unknown but looked like a Bombay
Colour: solid black
Source of cat: Rescued from a couple with a 2-year old girl who
terrorized him
Age if went to RB: 16+
Cause of going to RB : cancer

~ ~ ~

About us:

Gender: Male
Your age: 60s
Birthday month: July
Location (state, country): Kent, Washington, USA
Number of cats you are slave to at the moment: 1
Maximum number of cats you've had at any one time: 2
How long have you been with RPCA?: Oldest post I can find is 2002 so 6+
years
(If you can remember) How did you find RPCA?: browsing NGs
Old June 8th 08, 05:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

wrote in message
Yowie wrote:

Victor Martinez wrote:

Is it ok to email you an excel spreadsheet? It seems more practical.

Thats a great idea! But, just in case, could you also send the file in a
comma delimited version (.csv) so that if I hav the wrong version of
Excel,
I can still open it.

Geeks!

Yeah, but they are nice geeks.

Anybody here know how I can get Outlook to share its contact lists with
other programs?

Jo

Old June 8th 08, 06:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Shiral

On Jun 5, 8:54*pm, "Yowie" wrote:
As Kyla pointed out, its been a long time since we did a census here in
RPCA.

So, here's the census questions (all are, naturally, entirely voluntary and
you don't have to answer all of them). They're in three sections: current
cats, cats that are no longer with us, and about us.

(Please note that if you don't want to put your individual details up on the
group, but would like to have you data included in the final compilation,
you can e-mail me (remove the spam trap). I promise not to publish any data
that can be traced back to any one individual)
~~~

Current cats
For each cat, please answer:
1.
Name: Francesca AKA the Kitty with the Surprise Inside
Gender: Female Spayed
Breed: DHS--basic mutt cat
Colour: brown classic tabby with a white chin
Age: Four and a half years, est by me, the vet and the Humane Society. I adopted her as a six month-old.
Source of cat: The Humane Society

2.
Name: Nina
Gender: Spayed F.
BreedSH on Mom's side, don't know who her papa was, but I think he
must have been a big fellow as she has huge paws for her size. I
suspect some Maine Coon got in the mix.
Colour: Brown tabby, with a white face, shirt front and tummy, and
four white paws.
Age: Four years exactly as of June 21, 2008
Source of cat: Francesca, the pregnant teenager from the shelter. =o)

~ ~ ~

We also don't want to forget the cats that are no longer with us. Feel free
to list any other cats you have been slave to:

WheRB
Name: Isadora Duncat
Gender: F Spayed
Breed: DSH
Colour: Black and White Spotted cat
Source of cat:Adopted from the animal Shelter
Age if went to RB: 16 years
Cause of going to RB (if known): Kidney Failure.

Name: Panther
Gender: Male, neutered
Breed: DSH
Colour: Black, I suspect with some Burmese or Siamese blood as he had the face, the ears and the voice.
Source of cat:Adopted from the animal Shelter
Age if went to RB: 18 years
Cause of going to RB (if known): Kidney Failure.

~ ~ ~

About us:

Gender: F.
Your age: 45
Birthday month: February
Location (state, country): California
Number of cats you are slave to at the moment: 2
Maximum number of cats you've had at any one time:3
How long have you been with RPCA?:4 years
(If you can remember) How did you find RPCA?: Stumbled on it, as I post to a number of others.

~ ~ ~

feel free to add any other interesting data points if you like.

Eventually *I will compile the results into a set of interesting statistics
(eg, something like "most people here own 2-3 cats, the most poular cats are
DSH tabbies and tuxedos, most of us are between 35 and 60, scorpios seem to
own the most cats, and most of our cats got RB because of CRF at around the
age of 16 or so. This is what I hope will be included in FAQ looks at
Mark)

Yowie

Melissa

Old June 8th 08, 08:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine K

Jofirey kirjoitti:

Yeah, but they are nice geeks.

Anybody here know how I can get Outlook to share its contact lists with
other programs?

Jo

At least in Mozilla Thunderbird there is a feature to "import from other
programs" under the Tools menu. There is the option to import contacts,
emails, settings. Then you clic Next and choose what program to import
from etc. So it's possible, if you use some other email program than
T-bird, that you can import into it if Outlook doesn't let you export
out of it. I have used Outlook, but only at my previous job, not at
home. Outlook Express I haven't used in a generation of Sundays...

--
Christine in Laitila, Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com
Old June 8th 08, 09:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
moonglow minnow

Yowie wrote:

Current cats

Name: Mayhem
Gender: female
Breed: unknown shorthair
Colour: gray and black tabby
Age: 3*
Source of cat: pet shop

Name: Shadow
Gender: male
Breed: unknown shorthair
Colour: solid gray
Age: 4*
Source of cat: Adopted from shelter

Name: Minerva
Gender: female
Breed: unknown shorthair
Colour: tuxedo
Age: 3*
Source of cat: adopted from shelter

Name: Mischief
Gender: male
Breed: unknown short/medium hair
Colour: black
Age: 2*
Source of cat: adopted from shelter

Name: Itachi
Gender: male
Breed: unknown shorthair
Colour: orange tabby
Age: 4*
Source of cat: Neighborhood stray

We also don't want to forget the cats that are no longer with us. Feel free
to list any other cats you have been slave to:

Whe Mom's house (I moved out, the cats stayed)
Name: Fevs
Gender: male
Breed: unknown shorthair
Colour: solid gray
Source of cat: Mama kitty showed up and declared the place home for a
while. She had a surprise (three actually) inside.

Whe Mom's house (I moved, cats stayed)
Name: Wuz
Gender: male
Breed: unknown long hair presumed part Maine Coon
Colour: solid gray
Source of cat: Mama kitty showed up and declared the place home for a
while. She had a surprise (three actually) inside.

Whe MIA, presumed RB
Name: Snowball AKA Demon Child
Gender: female*
Breed: unknown short hair
Colour: tortoiseshell
Source of cat: Mama kitty showed up and declared the place home for a
while. She had a surprise (three actually) inside.
Age if went to RB: went MIA at about 1 year
Cause of going to RB (if known): unknown

About us:

Gender: female*
Your age: 20-24
Birthday month: March
Location (state, country): Nebraska, USA
Number of cats you are slave to at the moment: 5
Maximum number of cats you've had at any one time: 5. 8 if childhood
family cats count.
How long have you been with RPCA?: something over 3 years, I think.
Mostly lurking.

Maeve ^..^
--
http://moonglowminnow.wordpress.com/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/minnow/
Old June 9th 08, 01:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

Jofirey wrote:
wrote in message
Yowie wrote:

Victor Martinez wrote:

Is it ok to email you an excel spreadsheet? It seems more
practical.

Thats a great idea! But, just in case, could you also send the file
in a comma delimited version (.csv) so that if I hav the wrong
version of Excel,
I can still open it.

Geeks!

Yeah, but they are nice geeks.

Anybody here know how I can get Outlook to share its contact lists
with other programs?

Should be able to 'export' your address book into a .csv file (comma
delimited text file)

Yowie

Old June 9th 08, 05:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Daniel Mahoney

Name:
Gender: (use a star to indicate intactness. ie, a breeding queen would be
female*)
Breed: (DSH, for example)
Colour: (eg, tabby & white)
Age: (if unsure, indicate a 'best guess' with a star eg, "about four"
would be 4*)
Source of cat: Just turned up one day and declared the place home,
neighbourhood stray, given to you, adopted from shelter, adopted from pet
shop, adopted from breeder etc etc

Name: Cleopatra Silvercat
Gender: Female
Color: Silver
Breed: DLH
Age: About 17
Source: Riverside (CA) Humane Society Shelter

Whe RB
Name: DD
Gender: Female
Color: Grey with a little white
Breed: DSH
Age: 12
Why: CRF

Name: Amelia T Cat
Gender: Female
Color: Tortoiseshell
Breed: DSH
Age: 8
Source: Adopted from a cat rescue group in Riverside, CA

Name: Tabitha Fluffytail
Gender: Female
Color: Black
Breed: DLH
Age: 5
Source: Adopted from neighbors who were moving, Highland, CA

Name: Samuel Redcat
Gender: Male
Color: Orange tabby
Breed: DSH
Age: 5
Source: Rescued after being abandoned in a parking lot

Name: Harri Roadcat
Gender: Female
Color: Orange tabby
Breed: DSH
Age: 4
Source: Adopted from rescuers/fosters in Springfield, IL

Name: Ranger Greykitten
Gender: Male
Color: Grey
Breed: DSH (maybe Russian Blue)
Age: 3
Source: Adopted from neighbors who were moving, Highland, CA
Old June 9th 08, 07:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"Yowie" wrote in message
Jofirey wrote:
wrote in message
Yowie wrote:

Victor Martinez wrote:

Is it ok to email you an excel spreadsheet? It seems more
practical.

Thats a great idea! But, just in case, could you also send the file
in a comma delimited version (.csv) so that if I hav the wrong
version of Excel,
I can still open it.

Geeks!

Yeah, but they are nice geeks.

Anybody here know how I can get Outlook to share its contact lists
with other programs?

Should be able to 'export' your address book into a .csv file (comma
delimited text file)

Yowie

I can import it or export it, but before the nerds go hold of it, all
programs that used an address book had full access to the outlook contact
folders. So no problems with keeping them all current etc.

Many curses to them. And glad it is now only an annoyance. Not the problem
it would have been when I was running a business. Of course I'd have never
let them near my business computer and would have had more thorough
back-ups.

Now I'm hunting for the emails I had in a saved received folder on outlook.
Some sentimental value. Plus I know they are here somewhere.
Jo

Old June 9th 08, 10:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ann

Cinnamon, female, tordie, short hair
age about 13*
from rescue shelter

Abby, female, white with some gray, long hair
age about 14*
from rescue shelter

Samwise, male, gray tiger,may be part maine coon, medium length fur
age 4
rescued from my back yard

--
Ann